CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-28 11:16:20 - Missed the memo.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Missed the memo.....

Is Ladner still one of us or did we start to turn on him yet?

I remember hearing about how awesome he is doing on the recruiting trail. I just can’t remember if it’s year 3 or 4 when we are allowed to say he’s no longer one of us?

Watching Memphis and State playing for the NIT title about 5 minutes from my house and would gladly accept a program that plays NIT every other year as the “norm” with that once every 5 year bid to the dance.....not asking for much.....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2021-03-28 11:24:11 - Missed the memo.....

Re: Missed the memo.....

Wasn’t Mark Adams from TTU the runner up for the MBB gig or was that rumor in the same stratosphere as Bret Bileima for football?
If he was a legit hire I would say that’s par for the Southern Miss course.....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2021-03-29 12:07:39 - Missed the memo.....

skyvoyager (177)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Is Ladner still one of us or did we start to turn on him yet?

I remember hearing about how awesome he is doing on the recruiting trail. I just can’t remember if it’s year 3 or 4 when we are allowed to say he’s no longer one of us?

bower went 4-7, 7-4, 2-8-1, 6-5 in his first 4 years and they name buildings after him so the 4 year rule is out.....

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#4 2021-03-29 15:36:57 - Missed the memo.....

Solid point......

Maybe we can plan on renaming Southern Station for Jay in 10-15 years.......”Jaystation”
They cut the ribbons just last week......I heard refreshments were served for all who attended.......

3321EA58-0672-420C-AF6C-7878CF936439.jpeg

#5 2021-03-30 08:45:40 - Missed the memo.....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Another place where nobody will go. I've got a list somewhere...

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#6 2021-03-30 12:46:29 - Missed the memo.....

B&GBU (259)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Another place where nobody will go. I've got a list somewhere...

Womens volleyball facility/VD clinic? ?

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#7 2021-03-30 12:50:55 - Missed the memo.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

I've got a list somewhere...

If you come up for a snipe hunt, I can take you to Roswell and give you a tour of the Jeff Bower shrine after.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#8 2021-03-30 13:56:13 - Missed the memo.....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

AndreWhere wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

I've got a list somewhere...

If you come up for a snipe hunt, I can take you to Roswell and give you a tour of the Jeff Bower shrine after.

Be there a graven image on a hill?

We still suck bigtime.
MSFlag.gif

#9 2021-03-30 15:13:48 - Missed the memo.....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

skyvoyager wrote:

They named a building remodeled floor of an eighty year old library after Bower.

TTT

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#10 2021-03-31 05:54:52 - Missed the memo.....

Ace Barker (260)
Website

If one has a new building (old floor) named after them at USM, it is required that individual do their own fundraising. TTT!

Ace...

#11 2021-03-31 12:34:29 - Missed the memo.....

TheDudeAbides (59)

WTH is Southern Station supposed to be used for?

#12 2021-03-31 12:50:47 - Missed the memo.....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

TheDudeAbides wrote:

The catalyst of Southern Station is the strong belief that a vibrant student experience yields stronger alumni engagement throughout the life of former students,” said Jerry DeFatta, executive director of the Southern Miss Alumni Association. “This facility exemplifies the Association’s commitment to student engagement through the creation of a space for students and alumni alike to experience the rich traditions associated with the University.”

These people are barely sane and grossly incompetent.

We still suck bigtime.
MSFlag.gif

#13 2021-03-31 14:12:11 - Missed the memo.....

southerner92 (30)

since my parking space is by Hardy Street and my season tickets are in the end zone there is a good chance i will never have even see this waste of money

#14 2021-03-31 14:38:40 - Missed the memo.....

Lloydlake (139)

southerner92 wrote:

since my parking space is by Hardy Street and my season tickets are in the end zone there is a good chance i will never have even see this waste of money

You still have season tickets ?  You are one stubborn gentleman.

#15 2021-03-31 22:53:48 - Missed the memo.....

southerner92 (30)

Lloydlake wrote:
southerner92 wrote:

I still enjoy going to the games with friends and family . I have missed one home game since 1989. Biggest difference now from the past is that the losing doesn’t really bother me much any more. I’m usually mad till I get back to the truck then it’s like what the hell, let’s go watch some other games on tv.  My son is a freshman and he doesn’t take the losing well. I just tell him he should have went to bama then but he is all Southern Miss. Was raised well

Liked by:

#16 2021-04-01 06:45:41 - Missed the memo.....

B&GBU (259)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

The catalyst of Southern Station is the strong belief that a vibrant student experience yields stronger alumni engagement throughout the life of former students,” said Jerry DeFatta, executive director of the Southern Miss Alumni Association. “This facility exemplifies the Association’s commitment to student engagement through the creation of a space for students and alumni alike to experience the rich traditions associated with the University.”

Per Wikipedia:  Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Cohesiveness, or the desire for cohesiveness, in a group may produce a tendency among its members to agree at all costs. This causes the group to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#17 2021-04-01 14:35:08 - Missed the memo.....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

southerner92 wrote:
Lloydlake wrote:
southerner92 wrote:

I still enjoy going to the games with friends and family.

Imagine how much more enjoyable it'll be after those evil Dixie Darlings are erased.

We still suck bigtime.
MSFlag.gif

#18 2021-04-01 17:56:25 - Missed the memo.....

AndreWhere (1252)

southerner92 wrote:

I don't have season tickets anymore, but I make it to a home game or two most years and I feel similarly. I don't find myself in that back part of the campus much. I remember being there before the Boise State game in 2012... that's about it. Maybe the Southern Station thing will liven things up in the area, but it's hard to imagine it really becoming the center of your pre-game activities.

I remember when there were dozens of game day RVs where the Trent Lott building is now. Didn't need any fancy facilities for that, just a fan base. Those days are gone with the wind...

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#19 2021-04-01 18:43:35 - Missed the memo.....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

TheDudeAbides wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#20 2021-04-02 07:15:51 - Missed the memo.....

TheDudeAbides (59)

B&GBU wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

Per Wikipedia:  Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Cohesiveness, or the desire for cohesiveness, in a group may produce a tendency among its members to agree at all costs. This causes the group to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation.

I.E......see the hiring of Ellis Johnson.

Board footer