CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-03 09:39:12 - Today’s Joe Q. USM Fan

Yo Mama (44)

Today’s Joe Q. USM Fan

I don’t spend much time on message boards these days, but a quick glance over at the “other” board I’ve got to ask, is our average fan really that stupid? Half the posts are dumbass questions like who are we playing today, what time, what channel, etc.  And, no, not my first day here, it just seems like our fan base grows dumber by the minute. Is it just our fans, or is this a trend in sports today?

#2 2021-04-03 11:55:37 - Today’s Joe Q. USM Fan

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Today’s Joe Q. USM Fan

The fans now are younger, and tend to be USM students or alums who just happen to also follow sports casually.

Time was, USM had "T-shirt fans" and they were a harder bunch to please. They could switch loyalties more easily (and did). They were more immune to the "my school, right or wrong" argument.  These people (and ex-fans who were alums but thought similarly) have evacuated from USM sports.

There are no "T-shirt fans" in CUSA, and few die-hards. The league exists to check a box: "we have sports." It's prison food, provided begrudgingly out of obligation, as cheaply and shoddily as possible.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2021-04-03 15:26:29 - Today’s Joe Q. USM Fan

Yo Mama (44)

Re: Today’s Joe Q. USM Fan

So the dumb ass isn’t necessarily higher with USM crop, but the moderately enlightened have jumped ship, leaving TTT behind? Got it.

Board footer