CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-21 07:46:42 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

RPI sits at 16. La Tech RPI sits at 9. So our biggest wins are Bama and Tech. Is that really top 25 worthy? D1 baseball gets it related to not ranking us in the top 25 so far. D1 having us as a 2 seed is probably stretching it. La Tech has two solid wins against Arky and Ole Miss. They are a top 15-20 team. Charlotte.....has one solid win at Tennessee and swept the Florida directional schools but is that top 25 worthy? Nope.....

Either way this is the typical Berry production......don’t see this team being any different at this point. When he goes 1-2 in the regional do we tell him, “great job!”  and tell everyone we have a young team? Just want to get my TTT story straight.......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2021-04-21 15:24:50 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Re: Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

When Berry goes 1-2 in the regional do we tell him, “Raise and Extension!”? Just want to get my TTT story straight.......

You're Welcome

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#3 2021-04-21 19:12:45 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

TheChosenOne (295)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

RPI sits at 16. La Tech RPI sits at 9. So our biggest wins are Bama and Tech. Is that really top 25 worthy? D1 baseball gets it related to not ranking us in the top 25 so far. D1 having us as a 2 seed is probably stretching it. La Tech has two solid wins against Arky and Ole Miss. They are a top 15-20 team. Charlotte.....has one solid win at Tennessee and swept the Florida directional schools but is that top 25 worthy? Nope.....

Either way this is the typical Berry production......don’t see this team being any different at this point. When he goes 1-2 in the regional do we tell him, “great job!”  and tell everyone we have a young team? Just want to get my TTT story straight.......

Same RPI site listed strength of schedule #7 in the country.

Regarding Berry, his success by far exceeds all other programs at Southern Miss.  I’ll pull the IF Card on this one, IF all programs realized equal success our path out of CUSA would already be realized.

My 2 pennies

#4 2021-04-22 08:32:11 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

TheChosenOne wrote:

IF all programs realized Berry's success our path out of CUSA would already be realized.

That SUNWACUSA regular season titles and Harrison County Fair ribbons are considered success is why the path has ended here.

Last edited by Black Diamond Reb (2021-04-22 08:39:32)

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

#5 2021-04-22 10:41:48 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

AndreWhere (1252)

Best damned university in the whole Forrest / Lamar / Stone County area? Maybe?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#6 2021-05-10 08:00:53 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

This is your weekly reminder that losing badly to a south eastern weeziana school and beating a .500 middle of Tennessee team should not move you up into the top 20 of any sports poll or give you “hope” to host a regional tournament.....

you all know the truth.....if you choose to accept it or not is up to you......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#7 2021-05-10 11:02:57 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

The word of the day is delusion - an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#8 2021-05-11 07:05:13 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Ace Barker (260)
Website

"Hosting is all that is important". Moving on past that doesn't matter much with many of our fans.

Ace...

#9 2021-05-11 09:48:01 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Ahma (11)

Since 1970 67.5% of the host teams have won their regional. It does have some significance.

#10 2021-05-11 09:51:47 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Ahma wrote:

Since 1970 67.5% of the host teams have won their regional. It does have some significance.

Since never has Southern Miss won a regional it's hosted.

#11 2021-05-11 10:10:57 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

southerner92 (30)

Reading Eaglepost Facebook has made me think that our "fans" are just as much to blame as some of the administration decisions for being in this shitty conference. These people accept losing and mediocrity and blast anybody that thinks different. Im so tired of the words "young" and "proud". We are truly are own worst enemy. Nobody is saying we expect to win CWS but a regional win is something that should be expected more than once.

#12 2021-05-11 12:28:25 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

southerner92 wrote:

Reading Eaglepost Facebook has made me think that our "fans" are just as much to blame as some of the administration decisions for being in this shitty conference. These people accept losing and mediocrity and blast anybody that thinks different. Im so tired of the words "young" and "proud". We are truly are own worst enemy. Nobody is saying we expect to win CWS but a regional win is something that should be expected more than once.

The conference was decent for baseball until Rice crashed and FAU took a step back recently. I’m not buying the Charlotte ODU rankings. Berry had a decade to win a regional. Are we good most seasons under Berry, yes. Should we expect more than just good and see actual improvement, yes. Do we hold the coach accountable for taking the next step, no. We have good facilities and have talent base to recruit and a resume to attract kids that State, Bama, LSU and Ole Miss pass on. Give me a coach who can take it up a level and don’t say I’m bashing Berry because I expect more at this point. The man said yesterday on Eagle Hour he doesn’t watch the polls and doesn’t know what our RPI is currently.....either he’s straight up lying or he is avoiding it because it measures success and he doesn’t want to be held to it.

#13 2021-05-11 13:35:53 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Have other skewls tried to hire him?

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#14 2021-05-11 15:13:53 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Black Diamond Reb (418)

southerner92 wrote:

Nobody is saying we expect to win CWS but a regional win is something that should be expected more than once.

No it shouldn't. Winning West SUNWACUSA regular season titles and Harrison County Fair blue ribbons are considered a "Tradition of Excellence" according to the Lamar County Board of Supervisors.

#15 2021-05-17 08:22:41 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Still a good regular season for the Eagles. I don’t see them winning the tournament and if they lose and exit quickly that “could” put a 2 seed at risk with a 3 game losing streak down the stretch when it matters. I bet the end up in Knoxville. Let’s just hope we avoid any rain delays.

Liked by:

#16 2021-05-23 15:21:53 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

Eagleaidaholic (11)

Not much difference between a 2 or a 3.

#17 2021-05-25 13:40:42 - Over....clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.....Rated....

9EE9610D-22A5-461C-91FC-EE98B620936F.jpeg

Board footer