CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-31 10:48:09 - On the bright side……

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1516)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 5,447

On the bright side……

We did not end up like Pitt……going from a top 20 regional host two weeks ago to not getting in the tournament at all.

Possibly the most biased selection of Bama/SEC I have seen to date


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#2 2021-05-31 11:01:41 - On the bright side……

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1516)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 5,447

Re: On the bright side……

Is Dustin Dickerson pitching game 1 against FSU?


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

Liked by:

#3 2021-06-01 08:15:39 - On the bright side……

AndreWhere (1210)
Member
From: Decatur, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 8,110

Re: On the bright side……

#2 in Oxford is not a terrible draw. I wouldn't place any bets on USM winning, but at least the pitchers got an inning and a day off.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#4 2021-06-01 08:47:02 - On the bright side……

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1516)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 5,447

Re: On the bright side……

Baseball is a game where anyone can beat anyone on any given day. FSU lost to North Florida, Troy and Florida Gulf Coast this season. It happens. Should be interesting…….


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#5 2021-06-01 09:41:36 - On the bright side……

AndreWhere (1210)
Member
From: Decatur, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 8,110

Re: On the bright side……

I think USM can beat just about any college baseball team when they're playing well, but we all know how those trips upstate go.

Probably, they go up to Oxford and come within one bad throw of winning the regional.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2021-06-01 09:42:29)


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#6 2021-06-01 17:56:29 - On the bright side……

SoMs Eagle (162)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 458

Re: On the bright side……

AndreWhere wrote:

I think USM can beat just about any college baseball team when they're playing well, but we all know how those trips upstate go.

Probably, they go up to Oxford and come within one bad throw of winning the regional.

Or a pop up

Offline

#7 2021-06-01 19:30:37 - On the bright side……

stinkfist (704)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 3,294

Re: On the bright side……

SoMs Eagle wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

I think USM can beat just about any college baseball team when they're playing well, but we all know how those trips upstate go.

Probably, they go up to Oxford and come within one bad throw of winning the regional.

Or a pop up

or a dixie youth base running mistake...


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Offline

#8 2021-06-01 22:12:12 - On the bright side……

AndreWhere (1210)
Member
From: Decatur, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 8,110

Re: On the bright side……

stinkfist wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

I think USM can beat just about any college baseball team when they're playing well, but we all know how those trips upstate go.

Probably, they go up to Oxford and come within one bad throw of winning the regional.

Or a pop up

or a dixie youth base running mistake...

or an ill-advised pitching change


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#9 2021-06-03 09:50:15 - On the bright side……

SoMs Eagle (162)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 458

Re: On the bright side……

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

or a dixie youth base running mistake...

or an ill-advised pitching change


Or leaving the starter in after he gets hit hard 3 straight batters

Offline

#10 2021-06-03 10:48:27 - On the bright side……

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1516)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 5,447

Re: On the bright side……

It “appears” we are getting the ACC pitcher of the year in game 1 and Ole Miss is pitching their ace for game 2. Sounds winnable…..

giphy.gif


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#11 2021-06-03 20:35:25 - On the bright side……

stinkfist (704)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 3,294

Re: On the bright side……

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

It “appears” we are getting the ACC pitcher of the year in game 1 and Ole Miss is pitching their ace for game 2. Sounds winnable…..

giphy.gif

ol’ pissy would be stupid to play it any other way....remind me how our #2 was conSwac pitcher of the year....

in g1 and/or g2, our issue will be getting ‘pitter patters’ to cross the plate...maybe berry can effectively corch ‘em from 3rd to home...


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Offline

#12 2021-06-04 07:23:39 - On the bright side……

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1516)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 5,447

Re: On the bright side……

Lots of important stuff to unpack right here………Go Eagles……Go Ben……

63EC3E24-66D3-4823-AEA0-F89C31C8CF64.jpeg


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

Board footer