CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-07 17:09:12 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

stinkfist (759)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 3,465

this week’s debacle - @ootsa

take a guess what ootsa opened at …

-29.5  ———>>> -33.5

2012 = e12L

2021 = cannot cover the number

that’s when you fully understand ‘progress-ions’


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Offline

#2 2021-11-07 17:42:47 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

SoMs Eagle (188)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 501

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Who heard the post game interview?

Offline

#3 2021-11-07 17:48:30 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

AndreWhere (1249)
Member
From: Decatur, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 8,269

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

SoMs Eagle wrote:

Who heard the post game interview?

Did Will Hall cry?

33.5 is a big number. This might be a good time for a day off, SF.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#4 2021-11-07 23:11:31 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

SoMs Eagle (188)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 501

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

AndreWhere wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

Who heard the post game interview?

Did Will Hall cry?

33.5 is a big number. This might be a good time for a day off, SF.

He has begun throwing the players under the bus.

He should have stopped at “we only got 60 scholarship players” but went on to criticize the poor dude stuck in the dangerous job of QB and saying we only have a few “college football players”. He’s right you know, but keep the Ellis Johnson chit to himself.

Offline

Liked by:

#5 2021-11-08 12:38:35 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

stinkfist (759)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 3,465

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

AndreWhere wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

Who heard the post game interview?

Did Will Hall cry?

33.5 is a big number. This might be a good time for a day off, SF.

oopsy...too late... wink

GameRisk / Win
220.00 / 200.00
[192] UTSA -33½ -110
Southern Miss / UTSA
Sport / League: Football - NCAA
Selection: Game Spread
Risk/Win: 220 / 200
Accepted: Nov 08, 2021 12:53 PM - Internet
Scheduled: Nov 13, 2021 2:30 PM
Ticket Number: 120843173
Outcome: Pending


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Offline

#6 2021-11-08 13:34:15 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

admin (288)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 2,133
Website

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Some deep thinker needs to figure out how to fire Hall for cause.

I don't care about the money, I just want to see that idiot humiliated.

Offline

#7 2021-11-08 14:18:05 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

SoMs Eagle (188)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 501

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

admin wrote:

Some deep thinker needs to figure out how to fire Hall for cause.

I don't care about the money, I just want to see that idiot humiliated.

Really? You didn’t see the game last weekend? Enough humiliation for us all.

Offline

#8 2021-11-08 14:25:38 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1624)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 5,765

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Remember the Alamo………………dome


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#9 2021-11-08 17:26:03 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

SoMs Eagle (188)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 501

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Remember the Alamo………………dome

We will feel like Santa Anna at San Jacinto.

Offline

#10 2021-11-08 21:11:20 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

stinkfist (759)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 3,465

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

admin wrote:

Some deep thinker needs to figure out how to fire Hall for cause.

I don't care about the money, I just want to see that idiot humiliated.

the car dealers called a lid ... looking for Jaybird *nothopson to pony up ... or mas mack


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Offline

#11 2021-11-09 14:38:47 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1624)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 5,765

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Honest question…..how could Hall lose his job in year 1? Jeremy isn’t going to fire him if he finishes 1-11 since it was his hire. Donors wouldn’t put up the cash to buy him out. We don’t have a home game to sell….. unless Liberty wants to give us $750K for next years opener. Only way I could see an issue is if he doesn’t hire a O coordinator for next season. I would imagine Jeremy will strongly suggest that happens after this year.

I’m all out of Hall Kool Aid after 10 games. Does a coach deserve a few years, sure……provided you can see improvement. To think we will see another season like this next year, which would be 3 seasons in a row…..that’s 2012-2014 all over again.


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#12 2021-11-09 15:01:52 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

admin (288)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 2,133
Website

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Oh, I don't think there's any way. Getting an OC is even a stretch but it's at least within the realm of possibility.

Offline

#13 2021-11-09 15:52:31 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Black Diamond Reb (417)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,297

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Everything is fine


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Offline

#14 2021-11-09 17:42:46 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

TheChosenOne (295)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-26
Posts: 749

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Honest question…..how could Hall lose his job in year 1? Jeremy isn’t going to fire him if he finishes 1-11 since it was his hire. Donors wouldn’t put up the cash to buy him out. We don’t have a home game to sell….. unless Liberty wants to give us $750K for next years opener. Only way I could see an issue is if he doesn’t hire a O coordinator for next season. I would imagine Jeremy will strongly suggest that happens after this year.

I’m all out of Hall Kool Aid after 10 games. Does a coach deserve a few years, sure……provided you can see improvement. To think we will see another season like this next year, which would be 3 seasons in a row…..that’s 2012-2014 all over again.

Do not foresee Hall being released.  And really do not expect next year unless Hall wins less than 2 or 3. Unfortunately looking at 2022 schedule there is a high possibility.  Unless ole boy hits the transfer portal hard he’s doomed and possibly doomed regardless based on his coaching skill set or lack of. He certainly hasn’t lived up to the billing.  Southern Miss is the worse team in the worse conference and hasn’t beat a FBS team. The players are undoubtedly weak at best but many of  our competition have similar caliber players.

Now we know how BDR has felt for so many years being an Ole Miss fan.

Offline

Liked by:

#15 2021-11-10 08:38:09 - this week’s debacle - @ootsa

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1624)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 5,765

Re: this week’s debacle - @ootsa

TheChosenOne wrote:

Do not foresee Hall being released.  And really do not expect next year unless Hall wins less than 2 or 3. Unfortunately looking at 2022 schedule there is a high possibility.  Unless ole boy hits the transfer portal hard he’s doomed and possibly doomed regardless based on his coaching skill set or lack of. He certainly hasn’t lived up to the billing.  Southern Miss is the worse team in the worse conference and hasn’t beat a FBS team. The players are undoubtedly weak at best but many of  our competition have similar caliber players.

Now we know how BDR has felt for so many years being an Ole Miss fan.

He will be 1-3 in 2022 non conference with a win against NW St and losses to Miami, Tulane and Liberty. If we play Sun Belt you can add losses to Troy, La La, USA……toss up Arky St, UL Monroe and TX St.
very likely he ends 2022 with a 4-8 record at best. Going 3-5 or 2-6 in the Sun Belt after going 0-8 in CUSA the year prior doesn’t do enough to stay for year 3 IMO. Jeremy will be looking at plan B options as soon as we hit 7 losses in 2022.


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

Liked by:

Board footer