CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-01 10:57:39 - So pepes, who had the worse loss over the weekend?

99beers (303)

So pepes, who had the worse loss over the weekend?

The Beagles getting drubbed by C UNT?

or

The Webels getting pounded by Bamers? 

or

The bullies taking an azz whooping by the Burn? 

or

The LSwho Tiggers getting blind sided by Troy? 

or

The Vols getting ass stomped by the real Bulldogs? 

what a saturday........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#2 2017-10-01 11:00:09 - So pepes, who had the worse loss over the weekend?

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: So pepes, who had the worse loss over the weekend?

I'm biased, I guess, but ours is the worst. The rest of those teams have the resources to find the other end of the tunnel. We're pretty much permanently fucked. Really, we have been for quite a while, but winning delayed the inevitable for a while. Now, the inevitable is here.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2017-10-01 11:02:04 - So pepes, who had the worse loss over the weekend?

beagle (173)

AndreWhere wrote:

I'm biased, I guess, but ours is the worst. The rest of those teams have the resources to find the other end of the tunnel. We're pretty much permanently fucked. Really, we have been for quite a while, but winning delayed the inevitable for a while. Now, the inevitable is here.

Yep. Those schools are still in the SEC and are getting what, a 25 million dollar check from ESPN a year? USM is in CUSA, and like you said, is permanently fucked. Ole Miss and State can turn it around eventually.

Last edited by beagle (2017-10-01 11:02:31)

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#4 2017-10-01 11:05:20 - So pepes, who had the worse loss over the weekend?

AndreWhere (1252)

beagle wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

Yep. Those schools are still in the SEC and are getting what, a 25 million dollar check from ESPN a year? USM is in CUSA, and like you said, is permanently fucked. Ole Miss and State can turn it around eventually.

The handwriting is on the wall, and you don't even have to be some dude in the Cloverleaf Mall parking lot to see it.

#5 2017-10-01 12:14:44 - So pepes, who had the worse loss over the weekend?

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

99beers wrote:

Who took the worst azz whoopin'.....

In order from worst ass whoopin' to regular old everyday ass whoopin':

1. Auburn 49, MSU 10...two ranked teams, MSU getting lots of press, Mullins on everyone's "movin on up" list. Auburn just pounds that ass by 39 points, completely one-sided game, and on ESPN.

2. Georgia 41, Tennessee 0...big rivalry, Peyton Manning Day, 105k + thousands in the harbor and Knoxville bars.  UT supposedly back in the hunt for the East under Butch, folks are still afraid to buy into the GA Bulldogs (burned too many times under Richt era.) It was a massacre. UT never sniffed the end zone. Embarrassing.

3. Troy 24, LSU 21...Yes, I know LSU is not very good at all and should have never been ranked until they proved something under Orgeron. What's more shocking: Troy held LSU scoreless for entire first half? Or that Troy was able to score in every quarter. With those athletes on the field, there's just no excuse for this upset.

4. Alabama 66, UM 3...This game wasn't supposed to be close. The only news here is that Bama just kept pouring it on, even with back-ups in the game in 2nd half. Brutal to be a Reb for the next few years.

5. North Texas 43, USM 28...Move along, not much to see here. Just another exhibition of slow, undisciplined,  poorly executed football by a couple of mediocre C-USA teams. Outside of the greater Hattiesburg area,  this score doesn't even cause a stir.

Last edited by Eaglebird Humperdink (2017-10-01 12:16:03)

#6 2017-10-01 12:29:18 - So pepes, who had the worse loss over the weekend?

AndreWhere (1252)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
99beers wrote:

Who took the worst azz whoopin'.....

In order from worst ass whoopin' to regular old everyday ass whoopin':

1. Auburn 49, MSU 10...two ranked teams, MSU getting lots of press, Mullins on everyone's "movin on up" list. Auburn just pounds that ass by 39 points, completely one-sided game, and on ESPN.

2. Georgia 41, Tennessee 0...big rivalry, Peyton Manning Day, 105k + thousands in the harbor and Knoxville bars.  UT supposedly back in the hunt for the East under Butch, folks are still afraid to buy into the GA Bulldogs (burned too many times under Richt era.) It was a massacre. UT never sniffed the end zone. Embarrassing.

Those are SEC games won by programs with big budgets, even by SEC standards. For me at least, losing to Troy for at LSU's homecoming is on a whole different level. That's something that will occupy the attention of the highest levels of state government for the near future. The Coach Eaux thing didn't stay cute long, man.

Sure hope Brett enjoyed your #2, though. Maybe there's a lesson for him there. Filling a stadium with gullible, Kool Aid-addled hillbillies isn't an accomplishment. Winning is.

Board footer