CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-28 14:55:48 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

AndreWhere (1252)

Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

Yeast factory smell: bad.
Freshly cut grass aroma: good!

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2017-08-28 18:45:31 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

PickleRick (0)

Re: Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

Favorite pattern to leave while cutting your grass? Regular mower, zero turn, John Deere? I get to use a zero turn on about 14 acres so I try to have some fun with it.

#3 2017-08-28 20:28:37 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

AndreWhere (1252)

PickleRick wrote:

Favorite pattern to leave while cutting your grass? Regular mower, zero turn, John Deere? I get to use a zero turn on about 14 acres so I try to have some fun with it.

I use an aggressively random cut pattern. My neighbor, who I despise, has OCD, and my haphazard mowing patterns annoy him.

#4 2017-08-29 12:38:10 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

AndreWhere wrote:
PickleRick wrote:

I use an aggressively random cut pattern. My neighbor, who I despise, has OCD, and my haphazard mowing patterns annoy him.

Assuming fescue with all of those mature trees in Dunwoody? I had a neighbor years ago in Roswell that was really committed to defining our shared property line and would always go vertical if I cut horizontal....or go horizontal if I went vertical....he would place an old brick in the yard on the line as a subtle reminder to state where my yard ends and his begins.....I would move it a foot or two when I mowed just to see if he moved it back......he always did...

He eventually moved out of state.....

I mailed the brick to his new address......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2017-08-29 12:51:03 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
PickleRick wrote:

Assuming fescue with all of those mature trees in Dunwoody? I had a neighbor years ago in Roswell that was really committed to defining our shared property line and would always go vertical if I cut horizontal....or go horizontal if I went vertical....he would place an old brick in the yard on the line as a subtle reminder to state where my yard ends and his begins.....I would move it a foot or two when I mowed just to see if he moved it back......he always did...

He eventually moved out of state.....

I mailed the brick to his new address......

Believe it is fescue.

People up here are serious and landscaping. Even the crappy apartment complex where I lived at in Buckhead looked like it had been landscaped by a PhD botanist.

#6 2017-09-07 16:52:34 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

admin (289)
Administrator

Bump

#7 2018-09-06 20:05:12 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

USMstang (303)

I cut my primary residence yard with a Snapper Walk Behind (my third one in 20 years).  I try to cut in a different pattern every time so as not to develop ruts.  I go North/South, East/West, Diagonal to the SE/NW, Diagonal to the SW/NE, and repeat.  It keeps the grass guessing and the neighbors wondering if I've lost my mind.  It keeps it from being so damn boring.

On my vacant lot near the beach (that is for sale as of last week), I use my tractor and now that it's for sale, don't give two shits about alternating directions.  I just cut it so it looks good enough to sell and stay within the confines of the covenants.

On my vacant commercial property (ready to build dammit), I cut it in the most quick and efficient manner!  What I find interesting is how many people that don't know how to cut a field of grass with a tractor.  I use a distinct pattern that allows for no weird corners because of the bush hog.  The land is long and skinny which really helps out.  I trim around 4 times and then half it longways. Then you cut the long portions only and work your way across the field cutting two strips at a time. The ends stay the same and are cut in the long swaths.  Does that make sense?

Last edited by USMstang (2018-09-06 20:13:00)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#8 2018-09-18 15:09:44 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

If you put this stuff on the shelves at my local Home Depot I can guarantee it will be the fastest selling product in the history of the big orange box warehouse......why it took so long to come out with grass paint and mulch paint is beyond logic........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8PU_PFGyDI

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-09-18 15:10:29)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#9 2018-09-18 19:47:26 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

If you put this stuff on the shelves at my local Home Depot I can guarantee it will be the fastest selling product in the history of the big orange box warehouse......why it took so long to come out with grass paint and mulch paint is beyond logic........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8PU_PFGyDI

But should I sand between coats?

#10 2018-09-18 20:53:13 - Yeast factory vs. freshly cut grass

Not sure but I am definitely going to use this crap in December as a joke when everyone else has dormant Bermuda. Going to go all in and order my yard of the month sign to install as soon as the paint dries.......

Liked by:

Board footer