CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-03 22:13:24 - Thoughts on athletic director position

keyboard kowboy (72)

Thoughts on athletic director position

I have no idea what we pay these guys but I suspect it is substantial . HAVING SAID THAT , what have they really accomplished . Why  not take the majority of that salary and use it toward hiring higher quality head coaches . I would imagine there are people out there who are hungry who would do the job for substantially less salary and do as well or better than past athletic directors have done . Geesh , I will do it for free if they will pay for my travel ! And I will only travel when it benefits Southern Miss athletics -not when I want a free vacation !!!! In all seriousness , if these directors cannot raise significant revenue and hire better [ Mc Gillis ] then our funds could be spent much more efficiently .Tell me how I am wrong .

#2 2017-11-04 06:15:48 - Thoughts on athletic director position

TheDudeAbides (59)

Re: Thoughts on athletic director position

We have an athletic director???

#3 2017-11-04 06:17:06 - Thoughts on athletic director position

AndreWhere (1252)

I have been wondering why we even have an AD for the last week or two. It seems like a silly thing to post... but why do we have an AD? Is it just a way to insulate Bennett from having the coaches report directly to him? That's fine, but is it worth $300,000 per year? Is it really unreasonable to expect something more from our AD than business-speak? I don't think so.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2017-11-04 16:53:06 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Mlytc (24)

keyboard kowboy wrote:

I have no idea what we pay these guys but I suspect it is substantial . HAVING SAID THAT , what have they really accomplished . Why  not take the majority of that salary and use it toward hiring higher quality head coaches . I would imagine there are people out there who are hungry who would do the job for substantially less salary and do as well or better than past athletic directors have done . Geesh , I will do it for free if they will pay for my travel ! And I will only travel when it benefits Southern Miss athletics -not when I want a free vacation !!!! In all seriousness , if these directors cannot raise significant revenue and hire better [ Mc Gillis ] then our funds could be spent much more efficiently .Tell me how I am wrong .

Every AD we've ever had has tried to hire a coach that's "here for the long haul" while they're busy trying to figure out how to get the hell out of here.  Let that sink in.

Liked by:

#5 2017-11-04 17:33:48 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Reggie Favre (83)

FFR -full fucking retard.  not the AD, but this thread.

#6 2017-11-04 17:49:46 - Thoughts on athletic director position

AndreWhere (1252)

Reggie Favre wrote:

FFR -full fucking retard.  not the AD, but this thread.

IDK, man, "what the fuck does that guy even do all day?" seems like the obvious question to ask. We haven't even seen a scale model of success from him.

#7 2017-11-05 10:21:45 - Thoughts on athletic director position

keyboard kowboy (72)

I see " The Clueless One " has joined us . Welcome Reggie !! Everybody on the other board knows what a total idiot you are , now you get to show those on this board . You are a total and complete idiot . A joke . Hang around and let all see it , please !!!!!!!!

#8 2017-11-05 12:11:02 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Reggie Favre (83)

keyboard kowboy wrote:

I see " The Clueless One " has joined us . Welcome Reggie !! Everybody on the other board knows what a total idiot you are , now you get to show those on this board . You are a total and complete idiot . A joke . Hang around and let all see it , please !!!!!!!!

says the guy that actually made a thread saying a Division I school should not have an Athletic Director.  lol.  I can't believe i just typed that.  You are the dumbest of all the dumb. 

on top of that....you think taking the AD's $300-$400k (?) salary and giving it to the HC would be enough of an increase to bring in some top notch head coach in comparison to what kind of HC we can get now.  you think $300k is all that we need to make a difference in acquiring and keeping a top notch coach.  i lol again.

Last edited by Reggie Favre (2017-11-05 12:26:46)

#9 2017-11-05 18:09:37 - Thoughts on athletic director position

keyboard kowboy (72)

Here we go again with prove Reggie is an idiot . Read it again , S L O W L Y . I nnever said we shouls not have an A. D .  The board is watching you prove my point . Maybe you should go back to school and try to graduate - they do offer adult literacy classes -there is still hope for you !!!!

#10 2017-11-05 19:08:43 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Was Dutch Baughman involved in the hiring of the previous and current AD?

Ace...

#11 2017-11-05 19:11:34 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Ace Barker (260)
Website

keyboard kowboy wrote:

Here we go again with prove Reggie is an idiot . Read it again , S L O W L Y . I nnever said we shouls not have an A. D .  The board is watching you prove my point . Maybe you should go back to school and try to graduate - they do offer adult literacy classes -there is still hope for you !!!!

Just ignore him. He is either Yunie or a member of his church.

Ace...

#12 2017-11-05 20:01:33 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Reggie Favre (83)

keyboard kowboy wrote:

what did you mean by this then?  "In all seriousness , if these directors cannot raise significant revenue and hire better [ Mc Gillis ] then our funds could be spent much more efficiently."?

"I will do it for free if they will pay for my travel ! And I will only travel when it benefits Southern Miss athletics" - maybe you should email Brian. Just what we need, keyboard kowboy as USM's new AD.

#13 2017-11-05 21:02:44 - Thoughts on athletic director position

ReignInHell (6)

at least McGillis acted like he gave a shit,. He organized the coaches caravan, and even went the AAC basketball conference to personally try to talk them into letting us in (if Houston left).

I haven't heard a fucking thing from this new dick we have in place except  that stupid "I'm In" campaign.

#14 2017-11-05 21:04:45 - Thoughts on athletic director position

99beers (303)

so, you in?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#15 2017-11-05 22:04:33 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Ace Barker (260)
Website

99beers wrote:

so, you in?

No

Ace...

#16 2017-11-06 07:28:21 - Thoughts on athletic director position

admin (289)
Administrator

ReignInHell wrote:

at least McGillis acted like he gave a shit,. He organized the coaches caravan, and even went the AAC basketball conference to personally try to talk them into letting us in (if Houston left).

I haven't heard a fucking thing from this new dick we have in place except  that stupid "I'm In" campaign.

Apparently Bennett ran off McGillis to hire Gilbert. If that is true, it doesn't reflect very well on Bennett. McGillis struck me as a guy who at least did what he could.

#17 2017-11-06 08:04:50 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

admin wrote:

Apparently Bennett ran off McGillis to hire Gilbert. If that is true, it doesn't reflect very well on Bennett. McGillis struck me as a guy who at least did what he could.

McGillis was not run off. He landed a better gig. Bennett had to fill his position.

#18 2017-11-06 10:02:55 - Thoughts on athletic director position

admin (289)
Administrator

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
admin wrote:

McGillis was not run off. He landed a better gig. Bennett had to fill his position.

If you're sure that happened then I believe you. It didn't seem like a move up to me, but it's quite possible being the AD at a private school without football pays more for less work.

#19 2017-11-06 10:15:41 - Thoughts on athletic director position

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

admin wrote:
admin wrote:

If you're sure that happened then I believe you. It didn't seem like a move up to me, but it's quite possible being the AD at a private school without football pays more for less work.

Well, there's also the cloud of the Tyndall academic scandal on McGillis' watch. So, you're right...it was probably not as simple as "finding a dream job." He probably knew better than to stick around fiddling while Nitchampsburg burned....or Bennett was applying pressure from the top. Presidents have to take that academic stuff pretty seriously.

#20 2017-11-06 18:59:12 - Thoughts on athletic director position

AndreWhere (1252)

admin wrote:

Well, there's also the cloud of the Tyndall academic scandal on McGillis' watch. So, you're right...it was probably not as simple as "finding a dream job." He probably knew better than to stick around fiddling while Nitchampsburg burned....or Bennett was applying pressure from the top. Presidents have to take that academic stuff pretty seriously.

Yeah, being AD at USM is a tough job. Can't really blame the dude if he got tired of "tiltin' at windmills."

Board footer