CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-06 20:25:28 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

keyboard kowboy (72)

Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

I am as hacked off as anybody about the things that have happened this season. Namely U A B and North Texas
and the Quarterback situation . And I do realize that the reasons stated for Griggs not playing are inconsistent .
I also know he HAS had an injury BUT it seems he could play Some of a game so why not ALL of a game ? Having said all this -I HATE TO LOSE !!!! I also know that Hopson will be our coach this year and next year . That is right , next year . Regardless of whether he should be or not HE WILL NOT BE BOUGHT OUT , NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ,NO POSSIBLE WAY !!!!!!!! So , I want Southern Miss to win out with Griggs at quarterback and then win whatever Poydras , weedwilter , sleepoverbowl we get invited to . Next year I want Griggs to start and for Hopson to have learned lessons from this year . Jay has a major flaw as a coach which is admirable in civilian life but bad for a coach . He is loyal to seniors who work hard [ last year C.J Perry and this year Isaaih Jones ] Neither should have played or be playing . I am not even sure we could afford to buy Hop OUT after next year so what options do I have other than to support . Non support gains nothing . I truly am not sure attendance being down will get him bought out as that only Makes us more unable to afford it .  FIRE AWAY !!!!!!

#2 2017-11-06 20:38:45 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Re: Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

keyboard kowboy wrote:

Next year I want Griggs to start.

What about Taco Bueno? He was All County last year.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#3 2017-11-06 20:40:15 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Anything is possible. This team loses to Rice and attendance dips to below 10K for Charlotte. You lose that game Hop is done. That puts him at 7-9 since last Nov. and 4-7 against CUSA over that same period. It’s not probable but it’s definitely possible. You would owe Hop $500K next season and have to come up with $900K for a decent coach. You get $1.8 next season from Auburn so that helps with the cash flow. You owe Hop $500K in 2019 and you get another $1.8 from Alabama to help offset the final Hop payment.

I don’t believe Hop is the solution but he is our coach today so this team and staff have my support regardless of how frustrating or stubborn they can be.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2017-11-06 20:51:52 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

keyboard kowboy (72)

Anything IS possible , but just not likely . I see no way we pony up for another buyout after the E.J. fiasco . Fully believe Hopson gets to finish his contract but WITHOUT an extension . Only way he gets an extension [ to help recruiting ] is with a sweet buyout agreement in Southern Miss favor . Just my opinion .

#5 2017-11-06 20:53:08 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

keyboard kowboy (72)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
keyboard kowboy wrote:

Next year I want Griggs to start.

What about Taco Bueno? He was All County last year.

Yes , I would be fine with The Cuban Cannon if he can play .

#6 2017-11-06 21:02:37 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

AndreWhere (1252)

There is no need to pull anyone's redshirt. We have a pitcher waiting in the bullpen. Hand him the baseball... which is actually a football.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#7 2017-11-07 08:47:01 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

TheHeadEagle (27)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Anything is possible. This team loses to Rice and attendance dips to below 10K for Charlotte.

I think attendance will be around 10K for Rice.....unfortunately.

#8 2017-11-07 09:07:00 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

CajunEagle (44)

TheHeadEagle wrote:

Anything is possible. This team loses to Rice and attendance dips to below 10K for Charlotte.

You do know the game is in Houston, right ??

#9 2017-11-07 10:05:45 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

99beers (303)

6500 then

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Liked by:

#10 2017-11-07 10:36:49 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

Reggie Favre (83)

keyboard kowboy wrote:

I am as hacked off as anybody about the things that have happened this season. Namely U A B and North Texas
and the Quarterback situation . And I do realize that the reasons stated for Griggs not playing are inconsistent .
I also know he HAS had an injury BUT it seems he could play Some of a game so why not ALL of a game ? Having said all this -I HATE TO LOSE !!!! I also know that Hopson will be our coach this year and next year . That is right , next year . Regardless of whether he should be or not HE WILL NOT BE BOUGHT OUT , NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ,NO POSSIBLE WAY !!!!!!!! So , I want Southern Miss to win out with Griggs at quarterback and then win whatever Poydras , weedwilter , sleepoverbowl we get invited to . Next year I want Griggs to start and for Hopson to have learned lessons from this year . Jay has a major flaw as a coach which is admirable in civilian life but bad for a coach . He is loyal to seniors who work hard [ last year C.J Perry and this year Isaaih Jones ] Neither should have played or be playing . I am not even sure we could afford to buy Hop OUT after next year so what options do I have other than to support . Non support gains nothing . I truly am not sure attendance being down will get him bought out as that only Makes us more unable to afford it .  FIRE AWAY !!!!!!

Nothing to criticize.  You are exactly right.  Except im not so sure isaih jones is all that bad. Oh, and im more hacked about the Kentucky and Tenn games as it relates to the QB situation.

#11 2017-11-07 10:54:18 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

admin (289)
Administrator

keyboard kowboy wrote:

It would take a hell of a season for USM to ever get to the Weedwilter bowl.

#12 2017-11-07 12:51:55 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

TheHeadEagle (27)

CajunEagle wrote:
TheHeadEagle wrote:

You do know the game is in Houston, right ??

Actually I didn't.  Which is another strong indicator of how little I care about this season right now.  But yeah, 99 had it right, there will be less than 10,000 if in Houston.   Prolly around 5,000.   I suspect our next home game will have a record low attendance.

#13 2017-11-07 13:24:26 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

TheHeadEagle wrote:

Actually I didn't.  Which is another strong indicator of how little I care about this season right now.  But yeah, 99 had it right, there will be less than 10,000 if in Houston.   Prolly around 5,000.   I suspect our next home game will have a record low attendance.

Come on, Head.....we only get 6 of them at home a year.....everyone should know if Rice is on the road or if Charlotte is at home.......

Rice has been holding around a 19K avg all year in attendance, even two weeks ago when they were 1-7 and La Tech came to visit. I think there will be around 16K for the mighty eagles......As far as attendance for our next home game, you are spot on sadly.....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#14 2017-11-07 13:30:17 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

Black Diamond Reb (418)

I spent a lil time at the Kentucky game but no others. For the masochists who've been / seen the crowds, are they really in line with Giblet's "actual" figures?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#15 2017-11-07 13:49:48 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

admin (289)
Administrator

I was at the Southern game and remember thinking that the announced attendance sounded like a severe underestimate. I think we've got IT problems that result in the attendants having to wave people through without them getting accounted for.

#16 2017-11-07 18:05:11 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

tg300 (439)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

I spent a lil time at the Kentucky game but no others. For the masochists who've been / seen the crowds, are they really in line with Giblet's "actual" figures?

No.  Lower.  Except maybe Southern.

Last edited by tg300 (2017-11-07 18:05:59)

#17 2017-11-07 21:13:46 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

Mlytc (24)

admin wrote:

I was at the Southern game and remember thinking that the announced attendance sounded like a severe underestimate. I think we've got IT problems that result in the attendants having to wave people through without them getting accounted for.

We took an extra with us to the Southern game and bought a ticket at the window.  Walked straight to gate 2 and it scanned as "duplicate".  Another guy was going in and all 4 of his tickets scanned "duplicate" as well.  they were waving everyone through that this was happening to.  That one was under-announced, the rest haven't even been close. There wasn't anyone within 20 rows of me at the UAB game and we have good seats on the lower west side.

#18 2017-11-07 21:14:59 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

Mlytc (24)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

Way less for every game except the "Human Jukebox" show.

#19 2017-11-07 21:23:32 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

USMstang (303)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

Worse every year but downright terrible this year.  There are actually more people sitting on the East side than the West anymore.  Either the season ticket holders are evaporating or not attending.  I can attest to paying for tickets for almost 4 years and not attending very much myself.  With that said, I figure plenty of sold tickets are not being utilized.

Also of note...I received an email in the past day or two awarding season ticket holders free tickets for the last game and home opening basketball games for men and women.  Now Giblet is trying to pack the house with free tickets.  A little too late for that!

Last edited by USMstang (2017-11-07 21:24:02)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#20 2017-11-07 22:00:55 - Because I do not mind being criticized I will type this

USMstang wrote:

Also of note...I received an email in the past day or two awarding season ticket holders free tickets for the last game!

on-the-street.gif

Board footer