CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-07 14:44:07 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

I am seeing more and more projections with USM in the Indy Bowl. Last week we were projected to play BC....other weeks had us against Wake.....this one is my favorite. Now I can't cheer for ULM against FSU if this is a possibility....

Indy-Bowl.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2017-11-07 15:51:19 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

That's a good bowl and a good opponent. Wouldn't surprise me if the team were to squander the opportunities that remain for it, but I'll be watching.

#3 2017-11-07 16:54:15 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

southern miss slacker (304)

I'd pay to go and watch that bowl game. that is, if Griggs stays healthy the rest of the way and starts in the bowl game. no way I pay to go watch key stink it up.

#4 2017-11-07 17:04:47 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

AndreWhere (1252)

southern miss slacker wrote:

I'd pay to go and watch that bowl game. that is, if Griggs stays healthy the rest of the way and starts in the bowl game. no way I pay to go watch key stink it up.

Keon's a good athlete and he seems like a good man, but if we don't play Griggs while we have the chance then I doubt we get anywhere near FSU or the Independence Bowl. Hopson will have a hard time living it down if it plays out like that.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2017-11-07 22:43:48 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Don't do this to yourself.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#6 2017-11-08 07:00:43 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

admin (289)
Administrator

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

If the Eagles can beat one of two single win teams, they're bowel eligible. That's just a fact, like it or not. I can see why you'd say that bad teams shouldn't go to bowels, but there are just too damned many hick chambers of commerce out there for it to work that way.

#7 2017-11-08 07:20:04 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

admin wrote:

If the Eagles can beat one of two single win teams, they're bowel eligible..

cool

#8 2017-11-08 07:20:26 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Mao Tse-gore (412)

admin wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

If the Eagles can beat one of two single win teams, they're bowel eligible. That's just a fact, like it or not. I can see why you'd say that bad teams shouldn't go to bowels, but there are just too damned many hick chambers of commerce out there for it to work that way.

I'd love us to win out and the Indy to happen, against FSU especially - one last chance for a meaningful win, but I have learned to respect the curse of TTT. Like your pun.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#9 2017-11-08 08:20:56 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

TheHeadEagle (27)

Though I highly doubt that is gonna happen......I completely see the staff finding a way to start Keon over Griggs, simply because they are that inept.

#10 2017-11-08 08:34:33 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

admin (289)
Administrator

Mao Tse-gore wrote:
admin wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

I'd love us to win out and the Indy to happen, against FSU especially - one last chance for a meaningful win, but I have learned to respect the curse of TTT. Like your pun.

I'm spelling it with an E until we get at least two solid weeks of non-tatery football.

Liked by:

#11 2017-12-03 15:45:54 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

AndreWhere (1252)

Found this thread on page 3 of the Google results for "USM Independence Bowl."

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer