CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-07 15:44:07 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Nugget's Ghostbuster (161)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 710

A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

I am seeing more and more projections with USM in the Indy Bowl. Last week we were projected to play BC....other weeks had us against Wake.....this one is my favorite. Now I can't cheer for ULM against FSU if this is a possibility....


Indy-Bowl.jpg


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

#2 2017-11-07 16:51:19 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

admin (166)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,444

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

That's a good bowl and a good opponent. Wouldn't surprise me if the team were to squander the opportunities that remain for it, but I'll be watching.

Offline

#3 2017-11-07 17:54:15 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

southern miss slacker (194)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 934

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

I'd pay to go and watch that bowl game. that is, if Griggs stays healthy the rest of the way and starts in the bowl game. no way I pay to go watch key stink it up.

Offline

#4 2017-11-07 18:04:47 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,718
Website

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

southern miss slacker wrote:

I'd pay to go and watch that bowl game. that is, if Griggs stays healthy the rest of the way and starts in the bowl game. no way I pay to go watch key stink it up.

Keon's a good athlete and he seems like a good man, but if we don't play Griggs while we have the chance then I doubt we get anywhere near FSU or the Independence Bowl. Hopson will have a hard time living it down if it plays out like that.


Witches are real.

Offline

#5 2017-11-07 23:43:48 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Mao Tse-gore (15)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 122

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Don't do this to yourself.


We still suck bigtime.

Offline

#6 2017-11-08 08:00:43 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

admin (166)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,444

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Don't do this to yourself.

If the Eagles can beat one of two single win teams, they're bowel eligible. That's just a fact, like it or not. I can see why you'd say that bad teams shouldn't go to bowels, but there are just too damned many hick chambers of commerce out there for it to work that way.

Offline

#7 2017-11-08 08:20:04 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Eaglebird Humperdink (123)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-11
Posts: 468

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

admin wrote:

If the Eagles can beat one of two single win teams, they're bowel eligible..

cool

Offline

#8 2017-11-08 08:20:26 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Mao Tse-gore (15)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 122

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

admin wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Don't do this to yourself.

If the Eagles can beat one of two single win teams, they're bowel eligible. That's just a fact, like it or not. I can see why you'd say that bad teams shouldn't go to bowels, but there are just too damned many hick chambers of commerce out there for it to work that way.

I'd love us to win out and the Indy to happen, against FSU especially - one last chance for a meaningful win, but I have learned to respect the curse of TTT. Like your pun.


We still suck bigtime.

Offline

#9 2017-11-08 09:20:56 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

TheHeadEagle (19)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 109

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Though I highly doubt that is gonna happen......I completely see the staff finding a way to start Keon over Griggs, simply because they are that inept.

Offline

#10 2017-11-08 09:34:33 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

admin (166)
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,444

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Mao Tse-gore wrote:
admin wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Don't do this to yourself.

If the Eagles can beat one of two single win teams, they're bowel eligible. That's just a fact, like it or not. I can see why you'd say that bad teams shouldn't go to bowels, but there are just too damned many hick chambers of commerce out there for it to work that way.

I'd love us to win out and the Indy to happen, against FSU especially - one last chance for a meaningful win, but I have learned to respect the curse of TTT. Like your pun.

I'm spelling it with an E until we get at least two solid weeks of non-tatery football.

Offline

Liked by:

#11 2017-12-03 16:45:54 - A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,718
Website

Re: A bad season could end with one of the best bowls ever for USM

Found this thread on page 3 of the Google results for "USM Independence Bowl."


Witches are real.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB