CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-11 19:13:26 - Final Drive of the game...

USMstang (303)

Final Drive of the game...

I was thinking we just needed to run the ball and eat the clock.  We had been moving the ball and not stopping them and Ito was having a good day so this was a no-brainer.  By the second play, I realized that Dawson was hell-bent on displaying his stupidity yet again.  This guy is a moron! 

We snap the ball on the second play after a nice run play with 27 on the play clock.  WTF is that shit?  The next play we throw the damn ball deep to I-can't catch-siah to stop the clock....we run a few more times and actually eat some clock/play clock. All looks well but Dawson can't help himself being unchecked on O by Hopson and calls another deep pass.  Griggs again throws a home-run ball and Staggers uncharacteristically drops the ball, stopping the clock again.

It worked out in the end and I'll give the D credit for bowing up and not giving up anything easy on the last series.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#2 2017-11-11 19:17:09 - Final Drive of the game...

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Final Drive of the game...

USMstang wrote:

This guy is a moron!

He's an OC. A lot of them are pretty narcissistic about proving their own intelligence.

#3 2017-11-12 21:05:50 - Final Drive of the game...

admin (289)
Administrator

The test for me is whether you can predict Dawson in real time. It's easy to look back on specific situations and question him, but if it's all so unpredictable and illogical that it works out by the end of the drive, then I can't really question it.

#4 2017-11-12 21:33:39 - Final Drive of the game...

keyboard kowboy (72)

I understand the concerns with  the calls . However, both could , and maybe should , have been touchdowns . I thought Dawson , Griggs , and the entire offense played well with the exception of one senior wide receiver that should not be playing . Time to start the younger kid who can catch  the ball more consistently .

Liked by:

#5 2017-11-12 21:37:38 - Final Drive of the game...

admin (289)
Administrator

keyboard kowboy wrote:

both could , and maybe should , have been touchdowns .

Can't argue with that.

#6 2017-11-12 21:44:19 - Final Drive of the game...

USMstang (303)

keyboard kowboy wrote:

I understand the concerns with  the calls . However, both could , and maybe should , have been touchdowns . I thought Dawson , Griggs , and the entire offense played well with the exception of one senior wide receiver that should not be playing . Time to start the younger kid who can catch  the ball more consistently .

To me, the prudent gamble would have been to slow the game down rather than continue with the scorefest.  I would have not thrown the ball until they stopped Ito and they weren't doing that.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Board footer