CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-11 19:19:20 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

beagle (173)

Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

"USM needs another Jeff Bowers"

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Liked by:

#2 2017-11-11 19:26:44 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

Wow. Somebody frying taters in here?

#3 2017-11-11 19:44:36 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

USMstang (303)

beagle wrote:

Pretty sure we have one...

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#4 2017-11-11 19:50:31 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:
beagle wrote:

Pretty sure we have one...

What's sad is that the people saying that don't even realize that their plan has basically been implemented.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

#5 2017-11-11 20:43:38 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

USMstang (303)

There's a longtime COC donor that sits behind me in the East Club that gripes about Hopson every week and finishes every statement with how badly we erred in firing Bower or how he wishes we still had the legendary Jeff Bower!  You can't make this shit up.  After a few games, I finally turned around and exclaimed to him that we still had Bower except this time he actually left the OC to his own devices!!

Last edited by USMstang (2017-11-11 21:25:18)

#6 2017-11-11 20:51:44 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

USMstang wrote:

There's a longtime COC donor that sits behind me in the East Club that gripes about Hopson every week and finishes every statement with how badly we erred in firing Bower or how she wishes we still had the legendary Jeff Bower!

Did she try and sell you any Mary Kay products during timeouts?

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#7 2017-11-11 20:52:55 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
USMstang wrote:

There's a longtime COC donor that sits behind me in the East Club that gripes about Hopson every week and finishes every statement with how badly we erred in firing Bower or how she wishes we still had the legendary Jeff Bower!

Did she try and sell you any Mary Kay products during timeouts?

Mary Kay? Shit, you'd need Earl Scheib to make me look good.

#8 2017-11-11 21:24:57 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

USMstang (303)

It's a dude and its not Bower.  He's actually a really nice fellow and has ponied up big money for a long damn time so he's within his rights to bitch all he wants.  I just don't understand how people can't see the obvious.

#9 2017-11-11 21:37:58 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

beagle (173)

I figured all the Bower people would love Hopson.

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#10 2017-11-11 21:57:09 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

USMstang (303)

Me too which is why I'm actually happy this dude hates his ass!!  And it's why I've asked both here and on the Scout board just who the "Hopson people" are.  How did this fucker get the job here if no one likes him?  Did Bower have enough clout upon his return to the fold to influence Billy McG that much in hiring him?  I'd love to know.  Keep in mind that I believe in 2015, Bower sat on the Board of Directors of the Athletic Foundation, although he's listed as "honorary".

Last edited by USMstang (2017-11-11 22:04:52)

#11 2017-11-11 22:28:11 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

USMstang wrote:

Me too which is why I'm actually happy this dude hates his ass!!  And it's why I've asked both here and on the Scout board just who the "Hopson people" are.  How did this fucker get the job here if no one likes him?  Did Bower have enough clout upon his return to the fold to influence Billy McG that much in hiring him?  I'd love to know.  Keep in mind that I believe in 2015, Bower sat on the Board of Directors of the Athletic Foundation, although he's listed as "honorary".

We had no time to make a hire after Monken left. I confuse who interviewed when but I thought it was locked up with Nussmeier but we didn’t agree on the financials for assistant coaches.....Hop ended up being the safe, affordable hire all things considered due to timing and cost of other candidates. Who else was a real option that interviewed?

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#12 2017-11-11 22:44:06 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
USMstang wrote:

We had no time to make a hire after Monken left. I confuse who interviewed when but I thought it was locked up with Nussmeier but we didn’t agree on the financials for assistant coaches.....Hop ended up being the safe, affordable hire all things considered due to timing and cost of other candidates. Who else was a real option that interviewed?

I don't really lose any sleep over missing out on Doug Nussmeier. Maybe I'm biased because of his connection to several mediocre Saints teams.

#13 2017-11-11 22:59:59 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

USMstang (303)

I was not a Nuss fan either as I saw no benefit to having him trying to recruit the South.  I am impressed that Hop can recruit but that's about it. I can't recall who the other finalists were (supposedly) since it was so quiet.

The fact of the matter is that there was no apparent plan in place for a replacement to Monken.  You always have a short list of possible candidates in mind.  McG's list was not impressive, not unlike his other moves or lack thereof.

Last edited by USMstang (2017-11-11 23:02:05)

#14 2017-11-12 09:02:15 - Favorite comment on the Facebook stream

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

Honorary? Like Richie Incognito?

Board footer