CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-11 18:42:28 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

admin (289)
Administrator

Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

UNCC is a 1-9 team that lost to North Carolina A&T. We are plumbing the depths of college football for people we can beat.

#2 2017-11-11 19:00:47 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

USMstang (303)

Re: Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

Sadly, it will probably be a very competitive game for us at HOME!  I may drink everything left in my locker for that game!

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#3 2017-11-11 19:04:30 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

admin (289)
Administrator

USMstang wrote:

Sadly, it will probably be a very competitive game for us at HOME!  I may drink everything left in my locker for that game!

It's difficult to imagine us rolling over anyone at this point.

#4 2017-11-11 19:06:55 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

USMstang (303)

Rice isn't as bad as their schedule indicates and I almost feel for them.  That QB is going to be a pain in our ass moving forward.  Its also kind of obvious that game planning against Hop is not hard to do.

#5 2017-11-11 22:01:36 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

tg300 (439)

USMstang wrote:

Rice isn't as bad as their schedule indicates and I almost feel for them.  That QB is going to be a pain in our ass moving forward.  Its also kind of obvious that game planning against Hop is not hard to do.

Easy as Sunday morning.

#6 2017-11-12 09:35:03 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

admin (289)
Administrator

USMstang wrote:

I had to listen to the audio for a lot of this one, so I didn't get to observe things directly. Was the defense as aggressive as they have traditionally been under this staff last night? Did that backfire somehow? I can imagine that happening, though I don't recall anything in Cox's commentary that would confirm that.

#7 2017-11-12 21:01:11 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

AndreWhere (1252)

admin wrote:
USMstang wrote:

I had to listen to the audio for a lot of this one, so I didn't get to observe things directly. Was the defense as aggressive as they have traditionally been under this staff last night? Did that backfire somehow? I can imagine that happening, though I don't recall anything in Cox's commentary that would confirm that.

Bump. These are the big questions heading into the UNCC game. The Keon / Kwadra thing is solved... now, what does USM need to do to start playing defense again?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#8 2017-11-12 21:47:33 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

tg300 (439)

AndreWhere wrote:
admin wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Bump. These are the big questions heading into the UNCC game. The Keon / Kwadra thing is solved... now, what does USM need to do to start playing defense again?

Oh he will look for a way to get Keon back in there.

Don’t underestimate the buffoonery we have hired.

Liked by:

#9 2017-11-12 21:51:20 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

USMstang (303)

Adapt a little better to the folks we have on the roster, especially on the Defensive front.  Charlotte had us figured out last year so the game will probably be close again this week if they have any O.  Rice's ability to run was not in question so I was not too surprised about that, I just didn't think we would make them look so fluid.  The other strength of their team was the D front but we pretty well handled that.  Who would have thought that our O line would have performed better than the D front?

Liked by:

#10 2017-11-12 22:22:18 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

AndreWhere (1252)

tg300 wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
admin wrote:

Oh he will look for a way to get Keon back in there.

Don’t underestimate the buffoonery we have hired.

If this happens, then I will invent new obscenities that will make sailors and Gorden Ramsey blush.

#11 2017-11-13 19:59:36 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

99beers (303)

Lost the will to give a shit!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#12 2017-11-14 06:52:18 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

admin (289)
Administrator

99beers wrote:

Lost the will to give a shit!

When you reach that point, the soap opera's actually more entertaining when shit's falling apart. I got a kick out of all the crap that went down in Haslett's last couple years, for example. It was fun speculating about whether Joe Horn was double-teaming Aaron Brooks' eye surgeon with Albert Connell or whatever.

#13 2017-11-14 07:09:16 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

USMstang (303)

Or who was banging Roaf's wife...

#14 2017-11-14 07:12:03 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

admin (289)
Administrator

USMstang wrote:

Or who was banging Roaf's wife...

For some reason I eventually decided that was just an off-hand comment Walton & Johnson made that got out of hand. If that's all it was, then it's pretty amazing what an effect some loose-lipped radio dude had on an NFL team.

#15 2017-11-14 08:04:06 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

USMstang (303)

Whatever it was, that was a pretty horrid effect it had.  That whole chapter of the Saints was an odd one for sure.  The idea that Aaron Brooks was an NFL QB was a mystery.  Yah, he did well coming off the bench but as you will normally see, a new guy can do some cool things but within a few games the NFL DCs will figure it out and adjust on the spot.

#16 2017-11-14 10:16:17 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

USMstang wrote:

Whatever it was, that was a pretty horrid effect it had.  That whole chapter of the Saints was an odd one for sure.  The idea that Aaron Brooks was an NFL QB was a mystery.  Yah, he did well coming off the bench but as you will normally see, a new guy can do some cool things but within a few games the NFL DCs will figure it out and adjust on the spot.

Best Saints fan crowd heckle ever:

I was at a Saints game back around 2001. Aaron Brooks throws a pick-six on the first offensive play of the game from scrimmage. Then a TV timeout....then a kickoff, no return......then the Saints offense retakes the field...Brooks is on the sideline talking to coach (Haslett, I guess)....as Brooks trots back out onto the field the guy behind me yells, "Let's Go, Stupid!"

I've always thought that epitomized the Saints fanbase.

#17 2017-11-14 10:56:03 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

AndreWhere (1252)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
USMstang wrote:

I was at a Saints game back around 2001. Aaron Brooks throws a pick-six on the first offensive play of the game from scrimmage. Then a TV timeout....then a kickoff, no return......then the Saints offense retakes the field...Brooks is on the sideline talking to coach (Haslett, I guess)....as Brooks trots back out onto the field the guy behind me yells, "Let's Go, Stupid!"

I was at the game where Blake got injured, and I remember being pissed that Tolliver wasn't going in. I felt dumb for about 10 games, but not for the next 60 or so he played.

#18 2017-11-14 15:20:17 - Charlotte 49ers: our next opponent

southern miss slacker (304)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
USMstang wrote:

lol I will adopt this for USM from now on. I may revise it as "Let's go Dumbasses".

Board footer