CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-14 07:12:50 - Hopson on the defense and the general lack of polish vs. Rice...

admin (289)
Administrator

Hopson on the defense and the general lack of polish vs. Rice...

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/stor … 857359001/

Hopson on defense's performance at Rice: " We started off hot, but midway through the 2nd quarter on was probably our worst two-and-a-half quarters of the season. We let them stick around on third downs. That's something we’ll go back, look at and correct and get better. We didn’t tackle real well. And a lot of those 3rd and 4th downs, just get 'em off the field. That’s something we’re usually pretty good at, but we weren’t this week."

On Kwadra Griggs' performance: "He was spot-on Saturday. We gave him the start and he didn’t do anything to lose his spot."

On penalties: "There’s a couple I’m not happy with. Some penalties are inexcusable, some might be a kid giving an effort where you take some reason to it. Each penalty is a different deal and at the end of the day, I’m pleased with our effort. We’re going to do our best to stop them, but we’re going to keep fighting and keep playing."

#2 2017-11-14 07:31:16 - Hopson on the defense and the general lack of polish vs. Rice...

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

Re: Hopson on the defense and the general lack of polish vs. Rice...

admin wrote:

On Kwadra Griggs' performance: "He was spot-on Saturday. We gave him the start and he didn’t do anything to lose his spot."

A more positive way to say that would have been "He was spot-on Saturday. We gave him the start, and he played well. He's earned it."

Liked by:

#3 2017-11-14 23:07:21 - Hopson on the defense and the general lack of polish vs. Rice...

Reggie Favre (83)

Re: Hopson on the defense and the general lack of polish vs. Rice...

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
admin wrote:

A more positive way to say that would have been "He was spot-on Saturday. We gave him the start, and he played well. He's earned it."

i caught that too.  its like a Freudian Slip for Daddy Ballers.  and he expects us to believe he didnt bench Griggs for his boy.  not i.

Last edited by Reggie Favre (2017-11-14 23:07:45)

Board footer