CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-14 18:35:32 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

AndreWhere (1252)

Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2017-11-14 19:23:08 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

B&GBU (259)

Re: Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

Well that settles it, Indy vs somebody as long as we win another game.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#3 2017-11-14 19:47:19 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

admin (289)
Administrator

B&GBU wrote:

Well that settles it, Indy vs somebody as long as we win another game.

If we play in the Independence Bowl I'm going. I've already put it on my calendar.

#4 2017-11-14 20:08:07 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

USMstang (303)

I like the Indy just because it doesn't have a stupid fucking name and has been around for a while.  Arizona State is a good enough name for me as well.  FSU would have been better but this is better than a "G5" retread.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#5 2017-11-14 20:18:16 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

99beers (303)

Red river shit hole!   Shreveport sux.   Bossier city aint bad if ya gamble!
Bout like going to a bowl in jackson.....would you?   Hell no.

Last edited by 99beers (2017-11-14 20:19:33)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#6 2017-11-14 20:49:21 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

I like the Indy just because it doesn't have a stupid fucking name and has been around for a while.  Arizona State is a good enough name for me as well.  FSU would have been better but this is better than a "G5" retread.

Exactly.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#7 2017-11-16 10:20:47 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

If Griggs and the offense continue to improve over the next two games I still believe Frisco will be the best overall bowl game for us. I like the appeal of returning to Shreveport especially if we end up playing a school like AZ State or Fla State but if that is not a legit option playing Houston in Frisco will be the best option for us. Stadium only seats 20K so the game experience will be like a sellout. Houston and USM have a ton of history and you know the score will be in the high 40s per team. The stadium/surrounding area is great, plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Beats returning to Tropicana Field or New Orleans for the 10th time against the Sun Belt. Right now MTSU is projected to play the Coogs in Frisco.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#8 2017-11-16 11:24:47 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

Black Diamond Reb (418)

USMstang wrote:

I like the Indy just because it doesn't have a stupid fucking name.

It's the Walk On's Bowl this year.

Shreveport is not exactly Vegas, but I've had a good time both times I've been to Bowls over there. NOLA, Nashville, DFW .. Those places couldn't care less about the Poydras  / Cowboy Hat Bowls when the Sugar / Cotton are gonna bring in a lot more money and fans to town on top of the daily non football vacationer. Shreve realizes it's one of few opportunities to get some outside revenue and seems to appreciate the visiting fans and game.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#9 2017-11-16 17:17:53 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

admin (289)
Administrator

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Shreveport is not exactly Vegas, but I've had a good time both times I've been to Bowls over there. NOLA, Nashville, DFW .. Those places couldn't care less about the Poydras  / Cowboy Hat Bowls when the Sugar / Cotton are gonna bring in a lot more money and fans to town on top of the daily non football vacationer. Shreve realizes it's one of few opportunities to get some outside revenue and seems to appreciate the visiting fans and game.

The Independence Bowl has a lot of history. I watched the replay of that A&M - State game where it snowed. I think that was in 2000; it's hard to believe how long ago that was now.

Anyway, I had figured that the Independence Bowl had passed us up a long time ago. Nice to see we've got a shot at a bid.

#10 2017-11-16 17:21:06 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

tg300 (439)

admin wrote:
Black Diamond Reb wrote:
USMstang wrote:

The Independence Bowl has a lot of history. I watched the replay of that A&M - State game where it snowed. I think that was in 2000; it's hard to believe how long ago that was now.

Anyway, I had figured that the Independence Bowl had passed us up a long time ago. Nice to see we've got a shot at a bid.

Gmumble gave us all that feeling.

#11 2017-11-16 17:24:42 - Sporting News has us playing Arizona State in Shreveport

admin (289)
Administrator

tg300 wrote:
admin wrote:
Black Diamond Reb wrote:

Gmumble gave us all that feeling.

He's sippin' mumbletinis on a Bahamas beach right now.

Board footer