CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-11-25 08:28:04 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

southern miss slacker wrote:

we are barely hanging on by a thread financially with this program. the washing of the stadium and fixing the speaker system would be a priority for any University before the start of the season. we decided to table those projects this year. kind of like not having the money to fix your air conditioning in your home so you buy a window unit for 89 bucks at Lowes just to cool your bedroom and maybe the living area. except we don't even have the 89 dollars.  the high end donor base is in a downward death spin and I do not see an end to it. we may be in for some very bad news in a couple of years. I hope not but I really don't see any way around it.

If you read Aunt Martha's official biography, she supposedly oversaw something like $250,000,000 in building projects during her few years at USM. If that clueless woman can do that, and also be the one to finally run of Bower and generate some real excitement, then why can't the men running things now even wash a dammed stadium or repair a sound system? They're all wimps, man, who'll manage to escape town right before our Southland bid is announced.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#22 2017-11-25 08:46:09 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:

we are barely hanging on by a thread financially with this program. the washing of the stadium and fixing the speaker system would be a priority for any University before the start of the season. we decided to table those projects this year. kind of like not having the money to fix your air conditioning in your home so you buy a window unit for 89 bucks at Lowes just to cool your bedroom and maybe the living area. except we don't even have the 89 dollars.  the high end donor base is in a downward death spin and I do not see an end to it. we may be in for some very bad news in a couple of years. I hope not but I really don't see any way around it.

If you read Aunt Martha's official biography, she supposedly oversaw something like $250,000,000 in building projects during her few years at USM. If that clueless woman can do that, and also be the one to finally run of Bower and generate some real excitement, then why can't the men running things now even wash a dammed stadium or repair a sound system? They're all wimps, man, who'll manage to escape town right before our Southland bid is announced.

hold on.....I have to wrap my elam arms around that 1/4 B.......lmfao..........

wasn't she responsible for choosing the home for the mausoleums???

she did more damage than any that follow(ed)....what a pos that weeble was....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFzhjnjXc2o

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#23 2017-11-25 09:06:31 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

hold on.....I have to wrap my elam arms around that 1/4 B.......lmfao..........

wasn't she responsible for choosing the home for the mausoleums???

she did more damage than any that follow(ed)....what a pos that weeble was....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFzhjnjXc2o

Pretty sure that the mausoleums were a big part of that figure.

If our academics were really $250,000,000 better, I'd forget football and congratulate Martha and her life partner with a hearty slap on the back, punch to the bicep, and "right on."

I'm not seeing it though. WTF even goes on in those mausoleums? A bunch of bullshit pork barrel "homeland security" crap, probably. Just wasting our damned Social Security.

My larger point was that if Martha and her people could drum up all that money, WTF is up with basic maintenance suddenly being unaffordable?

I always get the "different buckets of money" excuse, here and elsewhere. There should be synergy, though. If you dump money into academics (or whatever goes on in that Trench Rot center), shouldn't you end up with an overall better institution?

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-11-25 09:08:04)

#24 2017-11-25 09:09:57 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

99beers (303)

Nothing beats the current decision of artificial turf on the fucking band field........talk about dumb fucks......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#25 2017-11-25 09:22:09 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

AndreWhere (1252)

99beers wrote:

Nothing beats the current decision of artificial turf on the fucking band field........talk about dumb fucks......

Yes! Almost every damn time they announce some facilities improvement, my reaction is, "WTF?"

Why does the damn band need an astroturf field? They can practice on cement! They're not tackling!

Why are we spending money on women's volleyball? A women's volleyball gym isn't going to keep us out of the Southland.

They find money for the most irrelevant shit, but make us listen to a crappy sound system and sit on filth.

Even the smoothie bars and study halls for the football players should probably take a back seat to fixing up M.M. Roberts. A smoothie bar and a better GPA aren't much comfort when your friends and family back home are watching you play in a filthy, empty stadium.

Here's a really ominous theory: the fact that they are upgrading the "non-revenue" sports makes me think that they're putting together a portfolio to show off to a potential new conference... and not the AAC or anything like that.

More likely: Gilbert wants to build a resume quick, and throwing up metal volleyball gyms counts as "fixing a problem" for that purpose. Fuck that dude, I'll fix up his resume myself and then pay for a one-way ticket out of town.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-11-25 09:22:39)

#26 2017-11-25 09:23:41 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

stinkfist (764)

99beers wrote:

we can agree on some things.....that one ranks up there with how the mausoleums were located.....

#27 2017-11-25 09:27:11 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

TheChosenOne (295)

stinkfist wrote:
99beers wrote:

we can agree on some things.....that one ranks up there with how the mausoleums were located.....

So very true.  Why not on the practice field? Ya know, so it wouldn’t interrupt the green space and it be fenced in. Lawd these well educated college administrators lack in common sense

Scratches head thinking WTF is this shat.

#28 2017-11-25 09:28:14 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:
99beers wrote:

It's the "we'll be fine" attitude. Spend money and attention on everything else, and football "will be just fine." Raze Elam and close the dust bowl with no plan for parking. People trying to park will figure it out. Build the mausoleums. People trying to tailgate will figure it out.

And I'll ask again what the hell even goes on in those mausoleums and WTF they're building by the dust bowl. I have a feeling a lot of it is happening with federal money that's earmarked for pork barrel stupidity, not anything that will help USM overall. The feds threw a bunch of 9/11 money at Martha and she had to hurry up and build something, anything, and anywhere.

Speak up if I'm wrong.

#29 2017-11-25 09:37:36 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

AndreWhere (1252)

OK, so I looked it up. Scianna Hall is for the business school. I guess that's a semi-worthwhile endeavour. They're not graduating the next Steve Mnuchen, but maybe they can spit out a few insurance agents.

The Trent Lott Center is apparently all about economic development, and supposedly related topics like human capital development and international economics. It's mostly graduate school stuff, so far as I can tell.

Sounds pretty masturbatory to me, honestly, and I can't see how handing out those fluff MAs and PhDs is going to help USM in the long run. The problem with economic development in South MS was never the lack of a mausoleum to fart through the worsted wool in.

AND WE HAD A REAL ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT BUT THEY NUKED IT!!!

Idiots.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-11-25 09:41:06)

#30 2017-11-25 09:44:10 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

99beers (303)

Some pretty intelligent fuckers hanging out at that place......  hmmmm, let's see.....   As far back as I can remember (late 70's) Usm had a parking problem, especially for students.  And game days.   Fast forward......  Let's take those empty spaces on campus and build more buildings at which no parking will be available for.......Perfect!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#31 2017-11-25 09:45:50 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

AndreWhere (1252)

AndreWhere wrote:

Here's a really ominous theory: the fact that they are upgrading the "non-revenue" sports makes me think that they're putting together a portfolio to show off to a potential new conference... and not the AAC or anything like that.

The other side of the coin: they're trying to fix up the non-revenue side of things so that they can take football independent, or to a "football only" conference membership, and still find a home for everything else. Basketball would seem to be the obstacle there. Solve basketball, and it can probably happen.

#32 2017-11-25 10:33:02 - Stupid idea I had that's already basically been posted as a joke

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:

OK, so I looked it up. Scianna Hall is for the business school. I guess that's a semi-worthwhile endeavour. They're not graduating the next Steve Mnuchen, but maybe they can spit out a few insurance agents.

The Trent Lott Center is apparently all about economic development, and supposedly related topics like human capital development and international economics. It's mostly graduate school stuff, so far as I can tell.

Sounds pretty masturbatory to me, honestly, and I can't see how handing out those fluff MAs and PhDs is going to help USM in the long run. The problem with economic development in South MS was never the lack of a mausoleum to fart through the worsted wool in.

AND WE HAD A REAL ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT BUT THEY NUKED IT!!!

Idiots.

it's not that the buildings WERE  constructed.............IT'S WHERE THE STUPID FUCKERS PUT THEM!

the university essentially owns Pearl St.......fuck trent lott and fuck the bu

they could've razed hillcrest, relocated the physical plant (and still can if any of the diphsites are listening)

of all the TTT moments???    that clusterfingerbang reigns supreme.....

Board footer