CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-12 18:22:09 - Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

AndreWhere (1252)

Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

S&W they are not, but there are some appealing guns they make on paper at least. Anyone had experience with them?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2017-12-12 19:28:18 - Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

USMstang (303)

Re: Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

They are OK and Ruger they are not.  I don't like the goofy little safety on them...single-action revolvers aren't meant to have a safety!!!  They are cheap and they do go bang.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#3 2017-12-12 19:30:18 - Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

They are OK and Ruger they are not.  I don't like the goofy little safety on them...single-action revolvers aren't meant to have a safety!!!  They are cheap and they do go bang.

They have a safety?? I'm struggling to think of any other revolver with a safety... especially a single action one. What's the point? Is it an insurance thing or something?

#4 2017-12-12 19:34:42 - Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

USMstang (303)

They do and it's in the way on the rear left side.  The most bizarre shit I've ever seen on a revolver...and its plastic.  I don't know of any other reputable revolver manufacturers currently that have a safety.  It must be in order to sell them in Libtard states. IDK

#5 2017-12-12 20:32:35 - Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

They do and it's in the way on the rear left side.  The most bizarre shit I've ever seen on a revolver...and its plastic.  I don't know of any other reputable revolver manufacturers currently that have a safety.  It must be in order to sell them in Libtard states. IDK

Any chance they phased out the safety? It's definitely mentioned in reviews of their products (and it looks damned flimsy to me), but the latest owner's manuals downloadable from their site don't seem to mention it.

#6 2017-12-12 21:31:03 - Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

USMstang (303)

Nope, not on the Rough Rider version anyway.  Had one in my hand yesterday.  If you can afford the Ruger, do that.  If all one can afford is the Rough Rider, then so be it. Shooting cans, jugs, targets, etc is just good clean fun!

#7 2017-12-12 21:33:20 - Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

Nope, not on the Rough Rider version anyway.  Had one in my hand yesterday.  If you can afford the Ruger, do that.  If all one can afford is the Rough Rider, then so be it. Shooting cans, jugs, targets, etc is just good clean fun!

I don't really need a revolver, so I'll just hold off altogether. Would like to own a Ruger Single Nine in .22 Magnum, but the kids must be fed first. It's sad that Heritage would fuck up a good idea with some flimsy safety feature.

#8 2017-12-12 21:43:49 - Heritage Manufacturing revolvers?

USMstang (303)

They are trying to make everyone happy everywhere but I'll pass.  I learned to shoot an old Ruger Single Six 22/22mag and a Ruger MKI semi-auto down at a gravel pit.  $5 worth of ammo and some sack lunches and everyone was happy!

Board footer