CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-14 20:03:55 - Facility upgrades

EagleFWB (176)

Facility upgrades

I saw this post on Instagram with a quote from Berry. https://www.instagram.com/p/BcsKngMAdXF/

I like the fact that he says what he'd like to do and a assumption figure of cost.

Have a vision that you share with the fan base. Tell us what what you want to do and I promise you will get more people to donate and be involved. It's a pet peeve of mine with the way we do things.

#2 2017-12-14 20:08:51 - Facility upgrades

TheChosenOne (295)

Re: Facility upgrades

A plan? So not the norm for Southern Miss. Berry is correct in his approach

#3 2017-12-14 20:11:40 - Facility upgrades

beagle (173)

Berry has been talking about this for a while now. I've read that he wants to call it the "Left Field Lounge," like the outfield seating area at State. Goodness gracious. How out of touch can you be? Love the idea, hate the potential name.

They need to replace the metal bleachers with telescopic bleachers (like what they have at ULL) and get a video board. That will be a very nice upgrade, but probably a pipe dream at the moment with our budget situation.

I have heard that RGC will get video boards where the current dot matrix boards are now, which is good.

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#4 2017-12-15 07:52:20 - Facility upgrades

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

beagle wrote:

They need to replace the metal bleachers with telescopic bleachers (like what they have at ULL) and get a video board. That will be a very nice upgrade, but probably a pipe dream at the moment with our budget situation.

I like "left field lounge". State didn't originate the term. Many ballparks have them.

Also, I think a video board at the Pete would be a negative addition. Like putting neon in a nice park.

#5 2017-12-15 11:46:01 - Facility upgrades

Wildeagle (10)

Eaglebird Humperdink wrote:
beagle wrote:

I like "left field lounge". State didn't originate the term. Many ballparks have them.

Also, I think a video board at the Pete would be a negative addition. Like putting neon in a nice park.

I used to sit in the left field lounge in the Astrodome. Jose Cruz was the left fielder for the Astros at the time.

#6 2017-12-15 14:44:09 - Facility upgrades

Eaglebird Humperdink (142)

Board footer