CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-12 17:55:35 - Russia, Keith Olbermann, Sasha Baron Cohen, and predictive programming

AndreWhere (1252)

Russia, Keith Olbermann, Sasha Baron Cohen, and predictive programming

With all the crap flying around about Russia, I was thinking about that "Borat" movie that came out a few years ago. I didn't think it was very good. More of it made me cringe than made me laugh.

I looked up some reviews of it, though, and I was surprised at how positive they were. Metacritic.com describes it as having received "universal acclaim".

So-called fringe elements of the media talk about "predictive programming," where the elite prepares us for what they have planned using film and television. Ever notice how poor and miserable everyone is in the future? Think about that.

The predictive programming is that the media was priming us 10 years ago for their efforts to portray Russia as backward, a villain, bigoted, etc.

Why? Because Russia is unembarrassedly Christian and nationalist, and doesn't resign itself to the inevitability of being a consumer society.

Borat wasn't humor. It was propaganda, and that's why the critics lined up to sing its praises even though it sucked.

What was predicted is now here. Check out this melodramatic dork:

https://youtu.be/IAFxPXGDH4E

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-01-12 17:58:48)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-01-28 13:51:44 - Russia, Keith Olbermann, Sasha Baron Cohen, and predictive programming

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Russia, Keith Olbermann, Sasha Baron Cohen, and predictive programming

"Borat" got a mention on the radio the other day. 92.9 (Atlanta sports station) was having people call up and tell them what movie they'd walked out on. Opinion on the film was universal during the call, but I wouldn't describe it as "acclaim."

Board footer