CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-12 11:45:47 - HBO Documentary On Andre the Giant

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

HBO Documentary On Andre the Giant

Never been into or watched wrestling but heard enough hype about the new documentary on Andre the Giant to give it a view last evening. Decent biopic. The man literally knew he wasn’t long for life and lived it to the fullest. The stories about drinking over 100 beers at one sitting sound impossible. The fact that he couldn’t use an airplane bathroom and traveled across the globe was sad. Crazy life but it apparently helped launch the career of Hulk Hogan and Wrestlemania.

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-04-12 12:20:24)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-04-12 18:04:34 - HBO Documentary On Andre the Giant

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: HBO Documentary On Andre the Giant

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Never been into or watched wrestling but heard enough hype about the new documentary on Andre the Giant to give it a view last evening. Decent biopic. The man literally knew he wasn’t long for life and lived it to the fullest. The stories about drinking over 100 beers at one sitting sound impossible. The fact that he couldn’t use an airplane bathroom and traveled across the globe was sad. Crazy life but it apparently helped launch the career of Hulk Hogan and Wrestlemania.

680 AM talked this up a lot. It made me wish I had HBO.

680 covers wrestling a lot more than WWL ever did. They also cover USM more, strangely.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-04-13 08:48:44 - HBO Documentary On Andre the Giant

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: HBO Documentary On Andre the Giant

AndreWhere wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

680 AM talked this up a lot. It made me wish I had HBO.

680 covers wrestling a lot more than WWL ever did. They also cover USM more, strangely.

Yeah, I heard Nick and Chris talking about it as well. Only have HBO because Hulu had a $4.99 per month deal going......it’s definitely not worth the $15 per month they usually charge. Maybe one day they will figure out they are no Netflix...

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer