CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-27 07:53:02 - SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

Talk about a foul......

7CC325C5-BCAC-48CF-B7BB-39C4992EDB54.jpeg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-06-27 09:00:03 - SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

I watched the game on TV and I had no inkling this happened. I guess they found him afterwards.

There was another one of those freezer deaths Downtown about 18 months ago. I think it was at the Westin Peachtree Plaza (giant silver tubular hotel). I guess it's just an Atlanta phenomenon, like apartment building fires, bad pro sports, and Kroger murders. Weird how cities, organizations, etc. have their own sort of metaphorical DNA.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-06-27 09:53:47 - SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

He was found in the beer cooler......

This alone should be worthy of a 30 for 30 short......

source.gif

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2018-06-27 09:54:05)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-06-27 09:56:05 - SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

AndreWhere wrote:

I watched the game on TV and I had no inkling this happened. I guess they found him afterwards.

There was another one of those freezer deaths Downtown about 18 months ago. I think it was at the Westin Peachtree Plaza (giant silver tubular hotel). I guess it's just an Atlanta phenomenon, like apartment building fires, bad pro sports, and Kroger murders. Weird how cities, organizations, etc. have their own sort of metaphorical DNA.

Don’t forget the body the recently found in the half abandoned Gwinnett Place Mall....the Atlanta metro should definitely get points for that.....

#5 2018-06-27 10:45:17 - SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Don’t forget the body the recently found in the half abandoned Gwinnett Place Mall....the Atlanta metro should definitely get points for that.....

I had forgotten about that, but that was a creepy story all-around. You have this creepy, 90% abandoned mall with like two stores. There's a shuttered Subway and (surprise, surprise) it has a corpse in it. Talk about depressing!

Gwinett's a unique place. You have very nice areas, like the area around the AAA ballpark. There are several major corporate headquarters. Then you have the stray dog packs, the dizzying array of ethnic enclaves (centered around decaying, 1980s construction Brady Bunch-style tract house subdivisions)... and places like this: https://www.yelp.com/biz/garden-plaza-hotel-norcross

I drove by this eyesore recently. It looks abandoned except for all the cars / people. There was recently a fire there (again... surprise, surprise) and as such there were plywood-covered windows. The reviews are interesting. They track the decline of the hotel from a once-proud Holiday Inn Express to the monstrosity it is today.

I used to work for a guy who said he "didn't understand the concept of depreciation." Dude, spend a night at the Garden Plaza and then talk to me about it.

#6 2018-06-27 11:00:34 - SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

“This hotel is waiting for the Cohen brothers to do a movie set in 1990. It is a study of Bush I-era architecture and interior design.”

Now I know where my mother in law can stay when she visits Atlanta next time around......,,

#7 2018-06-30 14:27:21 - SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

Fighting eagle (114)

That's messed up.

#8 2018-06-30 17:55:42 - SunTrust Ballpark will never live this down.....

AndreWhere (1252)

This is actually a pretty sad, if interesting story. The deceased was a man who'd invented a system allowing for beer to be served at higher pressures / speeds without foaming up. He was installing this system at Sun Trust Park when he got trapped. The system is already in place at several other MLB parks.

The room where he died is not technically a freezer; its temperature is maintained at around 40 degrees.

Board footer