CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-09-15 19:39:48 - Enrollment figures

B&GBU (259)

Re: Enrollment figures

It is a pox upon us.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#22 2018-09-15 20:18:34 - Enrollment figures

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

the TTT cheer could be the worst move of all....it doesn't get any gayer than that.....

it's disturbing....

I can point to maybe a half dozen decisions that fall into that category.

Tearing down the goalposts after beating Houston in '97 was try-hard. The tiny, original video board in M.M. Roberts was depressing. The 9/6/99 promotion was a bad idea. Giving the head cheerleader a microphone in '95-'96 was the act of a braindead man. Trying to twist Tulane's arm into making a trophy for us to contend for came off as desperate.

The common theme in all of it is that the people in charge are tone-deaf when it comes to what Mississippi sports fans actually care about. We don't give a shit about beating Tulane or LA Tech. Having some low-IQ hick male cheerleader exhort us to "get loud" will have the opposite effect. Nobody cares about winning some laughingstock conference that doesn't even have an exit fee.

My best USM memories are the times USM went head-to-head with truly relevant teams. Many of those games were losses. Some weren't.

The ethos was "Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime," and that's not that far away from the "P6" shit the AAC is doing now. Wish USM could be a part of that. There was a time, pre-Pizza Bowls, when that suited USM.

As for the "TTT" cheer, I can confirm that more than one person sitting next to me at M.M. Roberts has used the exact adjective you did.

Imma gonna extrapolate.....and I know you have the capacity to understand this.....

I had to sit in front of Jeff Kelly's parents for four years........................................yeah, that wasn't easy in any realm.....

I'm fairly certain my tongue is shorter due to those years.... wink

he just got slower and slower and slower and..........

back to the subject matter.........how about that eagle scream from the PA.....that was a gem.....

wtf are these dipshites thinking.....

how about this motherfuckers.....take a piano string, shove it from ear to ear, and pull back if forth......that's what the eagle scream was.....

I've heard as many complaints about the eagle scream as I've heard about TTT, i.e. a lot.

There were years the football spoke for itself. They should have let it.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-09-15 20:19:15)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Liked by:

#23 2018-09-15 20:38:47 - Enrollment figures

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

I can point to maybe a half dozen decisions that fall into that category.

Tearing down the goalposts after beating Houston in '97 was try-hard. The tiny, original video board in M.M. Roberts was depressing. The 9/6/99 promotion was a bad idea. Giving the head cheerleader a microphone in '95-'96 was the act of a braindead man. Trying to twist Tulane's arm into making a trophy for us to contend for came off as desperate.

The common theme in all of it is that the people in charge are tone-deaf when it comes to what Mississippi sports fans actually care about. We don't give a shit about beating Tulane or LA Tech. Having some low-IQ hick male cheerleader exhort us to "get loud" will have the opposite effect. Nobody cares about winning some laughingstock conference that doesn't even have an exit fee.

My best USM memories are the times USM went head-to-head with truly relevant teams. Many of those games were losses. Some weren't.

The ethos was "Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime," and that's not that far away from the "P6" shit the AAC is doing now. Wish USM could be a part of that. There was a time, pre-Pizza Bowls, when that suited USM.

As for the "TTT" cheer, I can confirm that more than one person sitting next to me at M.M. Roberts has used the exact adjective you did.

Imma gonna extrapolate.....and I know you have the capacity to understand this.....

I had to sit in front of Jeff Kelly's parents for four years........................................yeah, that wasn't easy in any realm.....

I'm fairly certain my tongue is shorter due to those years.... wink

he just got slower and slower and slower and..........

back to the subject matter.........how about that eagle scream from the PA.....that was a gem.....

wtf are these dipshites thinking.....

how about this motherfuckers.....take a piano string, shove it from ear to ear, and pull back if forth......that's what the eagle scream was.....

I've heard as many complaints about the eagle scream as I've heard about TTT, i.e. a lot.

There were years the football spoke for itself. They should have let it.

that's the point in ye ol' nutshell...

once you go queer???......well, you get what the fuck you asked for.....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Board footer