CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-29 18:13:14 - Visited MSU today

AndreWhere (1252)

Visited MSU today

I am staying at Pearl River Resort for a few days. Today I wanted to take a break from gambling so we drove up to MSU. They have a clock museum on campus, and (for some reason) the Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library. (Doesn't that sound exactly like what State would have to look at?)

Anyway, I hadn't been up there in years. It was much as I remembered: clean, well-ordered, and obviously a place designed by and for farmers and engineers. These people aren't exactly the life of the party.

That said, I was struck by how quiet the campus was. It was lifeless, like a college for Quakers or Puritans or something.

So while I feel left out of major college football these last few years, I still find a lot to love about USM and it will always be my college.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-10-29 18:19:13 - Visited MSU today

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: Visited MSU today

Do they do anything like Whiskey and Watches at the museum? Why did they build that on campus?

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2018-10-29 18:22:23 - Visited MSU today

USMstang (303)

My daughter spent two years there before coming home to finish at USM on the Coast.  She never mentioned a Grant library...is it new?  I'll have to ask her about that.  I think its a tragedy that anyone would find humor in that shit.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#4 2018-10-29 18:23:31 - Visited MSU today

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Do they do anything like Whiskey and Watches at the museum? Why did they build that on campus?

I doubt they do anything like that.

I suspect Gladys Wade (as in Davis/Wade Stadium) liked clocks. Her name is on the museum. That said, a better engineering college would get more of those clocks running instead of just sitting there. Seems like an opportunity for a niche program.

#5 2018-10-29 18:45:21 - Visited MSU today

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Michigan State?

Dang you are way up north.

Ace...

#6 2018-11-03 10:22:15 - Visited MSU today

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

Michigan State?

Dang you are way up north.

Ace...

You know, I'm usually pretty disciplined about that. "USC" is not in Columbia, SC. "Tech" is not in Ruston, LA, etc.

The one time I slip up, though...

Board footer