CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-27 09:23:59 - Christmas 2008. Times are changing

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Christmas 2008. Times are changing

Not really politics but best landing spot for this observation I guess.....

Saw a list yesterday of billion dollar companies that didn’t exist 10 years ago....here are a few....

Hulu
Uber
Twitter
Airbnb
Instagram
Dropbox
Fitbit

Just missing the cut Netflix.....

Man the times are changing at a record pace. In fact, I am sitting in a McDonalds right now as I wait for the next door mechanic to do my state car inspection and was shocked to see that you no longer order at a counter. It’s been years since I have actually entered a McD’s and didn’t know what happened when I entered. Apparently two years ago they installed computer order stations so you just walk up and order on a giant menu iPad. Crazy.....The worker here was telling me that almost 75% of their business is drive thru and they are testing a mobile ordering system that will replace the drive thru next. What?

One can only imagine what will be the new standard in 10 more years. So much for human interaction in the future. Maybe Austin Powers was on to something with those sexbots....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-12-27 09:41:02 - Christmas 2008. Times are changing

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Christmas 2008. Times are changing

I don't do drive-throughs. Originally that policy related to the fact that my car would overheat, but it's outlived that problem considerably.

It's scary how some of those new apps have impacted things. Remember how you used to be able to go to a bar and maybe meet someone? Good luck nowadays. Women meet men on Tinder now, and there's no room for "game," it's all based on pictures. After the brief liasion, the woman takes an Uber back home and fools around on Instagram until she feels frisky again.

That's all fine, but I'm glad I got to enjoy a few years of the old way before shit changed.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-12-27 10:03:45 - Christmas 2008. Times are changing

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Hahahahaha. I didn’t even own a cellphone when I got married so I wouldn’t have a clue how to navigate dating today.

All this technology and still no cure for cancer.......or does it exist but we keep it secret for population control purposes? Inquiring minds want to know.....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-12-27 20:44:54 - Christmas 2008. Times are changing

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Hahahahaha. I didn’t even own a cellphone when I got married so I wouldn’t have a clue how to navigate dating today.

All this technology and still no cure for cancer.......or does it exist but we keep it secret for population control purposes? Inquiring minds want to know.....

Cure? Shit, they're busy inventing new ways to cause it!

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer