CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-18 08:43:53 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

College football’s realignment merry-go-round

Good article breaking down the best and worst of the schools that changed to/within P5 conferences between 2011-2014.......and to think we were right there with two of the top 5 teams that have experienced the greatest success with realignment.....

I will never ever understand what the heck Maryland was thinking leaving the ACC

https://watchstadium.com/news/analyzing … 9-17-2019/

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2019-09-18 08:44:30)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-09-18 09:02:12 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: College football’s realignment merry-go-round

CUSA was great for schools that acknowledged it was never really a conference in the full, traditional sense.

The name, the lack of real exit fees, and probably a bunch of other stuff should have made this obvious to all but the profoundly clueless.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2019-09-18 11:20:43 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

skyvoyager (177)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Good article breaking down the best and worst of the schools that changed to/within P5 conferences between 2011-2014.......and to think we were right there with two of the top 5 teams that have experienced the greatest success with realignment.....

I will never ever understand what the heck Maryland was thinking leaving the ACC

I will never understand why Nebraska, TAM, Colorado and Mizzou left the Big 12.  I know everyone was butt hurt about Texas having too much power in the conference but it just does not seem right seeing Colorado in the PAC 12, Mizzou in the SEC east,
Nebraska in the Big 10 ( not playing OK ) , TAM in the SEC ( not playing Texas )

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#4 2019-09-18 14:48:45 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

Bleacher Eagle (44)

skyvoyager wrote:

I will never understand why Nebraska, TAM, Colorado and Mizzou left the Big 12.

Texas.
Texas was/is greedy.
Texas created their own network in lieu of a conference network.
Texas insisted on imbalanced payouts from the Big12.
Texas wrecked the conference for their own benefit.

Nebraska, A&M & Missouri are all now much better off financially for leaving Big12.
Colorado is just a better fit culturally in the PAC12.

#5 2019-09-18 15:04:57 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

AndreWhere (1252)

skyvoyager wrote:

I will never understand why Nebraska, TAM, Colorado and Mizzou left the Big 12.  I know everyone was butt hurt about Texas having too much power in the conference but it just does not seem right seeing Colorado in the PAC 12, Mizzou in the SEC east,
Nebraska in the Big 10 ( not playing OK ) , TAM in the SEC ( not playing Texas )

My grandfather was a Nebraska alum and he'd wanted into the Big Ten long before I was even born. It had a lot to do with who he perceived his college's peers to be (Michigan vs. Kansas State / Oklahoma, for example)

#6 2019-09-18 15:23:32 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

skyvoyager (177)

Bleacher Eagle wrote:
skyvoyager wrote:

I will never understand why Nebraska, TAM, Colorado and Mizzou left the Big 12.

Texas.
Texas was/is greedy.
Texas created their own network in lieu of a conference network.
Texas insisted on imbalanced payouts from the Big12.
Texas wrecked the conference for their own benefit.

Nebraska, A&M & Missouri are all now much better off financially for leaving Big12.
Colorado is just a better fit culturally in the PAC12.

No argument here about texas being the issue but the Big 12 should have corrected the issue regarding payouts.  I don't think the network deal could be resolved.

Nebraska might be better off financially but I wonder if you polled Nebraska fans what percentage would want to go back the the big 12 and play ok, texas, etc. rather than maryland and rutgers

Not so sure about colorado better fit culturally.... colorado does not have a baseball team

Missouri, again better off financially maybe but  they must fly cross country to pay in the SEC East.

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#7 2019-09-18 15:33:00 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

I still don't understand why Missouri was selected by the SEC. If its as simple as the SEC doing ESPN a favor for the KC and St Louis market reach then ok, I guess. Why are they in the SEC East division?

I still believe we will find FSU in the SEC before its all said and done.....maybe even sooner if they keep dropping into obscurity..... probably a package deal with VT joining as well. If the ACC exit fee is still $20 million I can see that being small potatoes for the SEC and those institutions. Neither of those schools are traditional ACC basketball programs so its not like a UCONN leaving the big east for a few hour layover in the AAC.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#8 2019-09-18 15:53:52 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

skyvoyager (177)

I still don't understand why Missouri was selected by the SEC. If its as simple as the SEC doing ESPN a favor for the KC and St Louis market reach then ok, I guess. Why are they in the SEC East division?

I still believe we will find FSU in the SEC before its all said and done.....maybe even sooner if they keep dropping into obscurity..... probably a package deal with VT joining as well. If the ACC exit fee is still $20 million I can see that being small potatoes for the SEC and those institutions. Neither of those schools are traditional ACC basketball programs so its not like a UCONN leaving the big east for a few hour layover in the AAC.

The SEC at the time stated they would not expand to any state where they already had a team so FSU. Ga Tech, Clemson, etc were supposedly not considered.  They got to expand their market to TX and Missouri.  I thought NC had a chance based on that criteria and their basketball program.

I could see VT and FSU in the future if they expand again.

"Why are they in the SEC East?"  apparently geography is not taught at SEC schools.

Auburn volunteered to move to the east as long as they could play alabama every year but the SEC said no and moved mizzou to the east instead.

Last edited by skyvoyager (2019-09-18 15:54:52)

#9 2019-09-18 16:05:51 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

AndreWhere (1252)

Mizzou in the SEC and Louisville in the ACC are the two landing spots that don't make sense to me.

Many years ago, I remember being surprised the SEC would add S(o) C(alled). Seems like a lot of awful stories about steroids and whatnot had just come out of that place.

#10 2019-09-18 16:34:03 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

skyvoyager (177)

AndreWhere wrote:

Mizzou in the SEC and Louisville in the ACC are the two landing spots that don't make sense to me.

Many years ago, I remember being surprised the SEC would add S(o) C(alled). Seems like a lot of awful stories about steroids and whatnot had just come out of that place.

Mizzou to the SEC, Loserville to the ACC, West Virginia to the Big 12, maryland to the big 10, tulane to aac,  several more head scratchers if i thought about it long enough but i makes my head hurt.

#11 2019-09-18 17:31:00 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

AndreWhere wrote:

I went to many Millbrook high school games in Raleigh, NC where their star player in the mid to late 80’s went to South Carolina to play. He didn’t make it through his junior year before Sports Illustrated did a piece on the drugs and steroids at USC. I remember hearing about his exit from the program but never knew what happened to him later so after I saw your comment I googled the guy.......he died in his 40s.........

Kids, stay away from drugs!

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2019-09-18 17:31:46)

#12 2019-09-19 16:22:13 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

99beers (303)

Loserville=basketball

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Liked by:

#13 2019-09-19 20:35:09 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

skyvoyager (177)

99beers wrote:

Loserville=basketball

great point... did not think about that but i am not the brightest tool in the shed

#14 2019-09-19 20:43:39 - College football’s realignment merry-go-round

AndreWhere (1252)

Louisville is a great basketball school... and the ACC really cares about basketball.

Liked by:

Board footer