CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-03 07:24:14 - 26 Years

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

26 Years

Going to college out of state at Southern Miss from Atlanta I had to watch some great teams while living in Hattiesburg including the first title in 95. The city of Atlanta deserves the payoff from last night. Possibly one of the worst sports cities in the nation because just about everyone that lives in Atlanta is from some place else. For those who invested in the local teams that championship last night helps heal many years of fan struggles.
Dunwoody, you need to make that parade on Friday……..

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2021-11-04 11:13:02 - 26 Years

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: 26 Years

I think I'm good to go on the parade... just need to find someone to cover one little thing at work

I didn't relax until that last Swanson-to-Freeman put-out. When Soler swatted that 3-run shot all the way out, though, the writing was on the wall. Felt like that Tracy Porter interception in the Super Bowl.

#3 2021-11-05 08:11:18 - 26 Years

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: 26 Years

Glad you are making the parade. They are hyping it on 680 this morning. The story on that Soler home run ball is great. The ball left the stadium, bounced off an awning and landed near a perimeter fence between the stadium and some apartments. A dude watching the game that lives in the apartments went to look for it and found it near the fence but it was inside the fence perimeter so he jumped the fence to grab it. The mark on the ball from Solers bat was impressive.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer