CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-15 17:31:54 - Kel-Tec

AndreWhere (1252)

Kel-Tec

Anyone got one? They look really cool on paper, especially the PMR-30, but I get the feeling that actually owning one would drive me crazy. I like my shit to function reliably and get irritated and obsessive when it doesn't.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2017-12-15 20:40:18 - Kel-Tec

USMstang (303)

Re: Kel-Tec

If you run good ammo, they run fine.  Good ammo is not purchased at Wal Mart, Academy, or other large corporate stores...good ammo is found at small local gun stores that purchase their ammo from the major firearms distributors.  It really is a different quality of ammo even though the box/package may look identical.  Check the UPC and compare.

Look at the PMR and the others as well.  The Sub2000 is a fun little folding gun in 9 or 40 and uses Glock mags.  The CMR is a very rare find and it's pretty cool too.  The RFB is cool but in .308 is not as practical.  The KSG is great if you know how to shoot a gun....sounds sarcastic but its true.

Last edited by USMstang (2017-12-15 23:55:00)

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#3 2017-12-16 08:09:48 - Kel-Tec

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

It really is a different quality of ammo even though the box/package may look identical.  Check the UPC and compare.

I had no idea, but I think I have seen the same phenomenon with goods other than ammunition.

USMstang wrote:

The KSG is great if you know how to shoot a gun....sounds sarcastic but its true.

An example. The way he's working that pump, it's like he doesn't even want it to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVVii2K1j5k

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2017-12-16 10:09:55 - Kel-Tec

USMstang (303)

I made it to 1:21 before I had to stop.  Don't tell me if he blew his feet off or not.  I also don't know if they ever mention brand and type of ammo used but he is clearly not using any muscle in pumping it.  It's not a Browning, it must be muscled.  Kel Tec had issues with their early products as many do but they've tweaked the designs to make them good weapons for the money.  Keep in mind, they are not expensive by any means.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Board footer