CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-07 21:00:46 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

AndreWhere (1252)

Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-01-07 22:36:53 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

SoMs Eagle (189)

Re: Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

#3 2018-01-08 03:39:19 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

stinkfist (764)

oh my....just, oh my....

looks like what most thumb-tappers will become in ~10 yrs....  #captaincruchhunch

I recommend carrying lanterns in 13th century castles as a hobby.....it suits that setup much better....

I'm sorry, but it's way tooooooooooooooo late in the game to fix any of that......I could give you 20 things to start with and it's a gimme putt you wouldn't be able to grasp the concepts after seeing that....

aw fuck it.....I'll give a simple beginner lesson

did you ever play baseball????  start with a 5-iron in the horizontal extended fully away from the chest working a back and forth motion in rhythm....learn to feel the club head......once you feel that sensation, slowly begin to bend from the hips while in motion and maintaining rhythm until the bottom of the club begins to brush the grass like a broom......

based on what I just saw, that should give you enough to last a lifetime.....

:cheers:

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#4 2018-01-08 09:40:44 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

99beers (303)

You want my advice?   TAKE TWO WEEKS OFF, THEN QUIT!   

Golf is not an up and down game.........(ie: your body moving up n down)  It's around, then some up......Not up and down. 
Your golf posture sux donkey balls...... 
Take a lesson or six........  (once you start with bad habits, they always  come back)

Former 8 handicap here.......prob. couldn't break 90 now!  Don't play anymore except an occasional scramble or two...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#5 2018-01-08 11:17:41 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

CajunEagle (44)

I like that Top Golf stuff.  Usually go to the one in Jacksonville when visiting my daughter.   They will have one here in BR by this coming summer.

#6 2018-01-08 15:25:35 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

skyvoyager (177)

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Liked by:

#7 2018-01-08 17:46:05 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

eaglenjxn (11)

Swung a golf club for the first time a few months ago at Top Golf.  I won't pick up a club again until I return to Top Golf.

Golf is a great sport for masochists.

#8 2018-01-08 17:59:07 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:

I recommend carrying lanterns in 13th century castles as a hobby.....it suits that setup much better....

LMAO

stinkfist wrote:

I'm sorry, but it's way tooooooooooooooo late in the game to fix any of that......I could give you 20 things to start with and it's a gimme putt you wouldn't be able to grasp the concepts after seeing that....

This video is kind of old, and I actually took some lessons after it was filmed. I'm still pretty bad, but the hunchback problem has at least been replaced by other problems.

It's tough overcoming the bad habits. The really sad thing is that I used to be a lot better.

What happened? Well, one humid summer day at City Park I started losing my grip on the club and hitting slices. That led to a lot of bad habits. I started using a very tight grip (stupid). I had cord grips put on all my clubs... because fancy equipment can totally cure what ails your golf game, right?  wink

There was even a period of several months where I would actually let go of the club briefly at the top of my backswing. Even that was surprisingly difficult to stop doing.

I fought through that, and I fixed my grip. There are days when I hit the ball well, and a lot of days when I don't. I'm able to enjoy it. You've got to enjoy the process and the psychology even when the results aren't there.

#9 2018-01-08 18:00:52 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

AndreWhere (1252)

CajunEagle wrote:

I like that Top Golf stuff.  Usually go to the one in Jacksonville when visiting my daughter.   They will have one here in BR by this coming summer.

They manage to make a very difficult sport surprisingly fun for slack-jawed yokels like me. The food is good, too.

#10 2018-01-08 18:27:41 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

SoMs Eagle (189)

eaglenjxn wrote:

As someone who was a +1 cap not long ago, you don’t realize how much you understand golf. It’s worse than a woman. It truly is the game that cannot be beaten.
My advice to anyone who picks up a club for the first time is ‘if you are obsessive about ANYTHING, put it down and never pick up another one in your life!’
On the other hand,  if you really don’t care about sucking at something, carry on. That said because no matter how good you get you will suck beyond belief on some days.

#11 2018-01-08 18:29:22 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

AndreWhere (1252)

#12 2018-01-08 18:32:20 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

AndreWhere (1252)

SoMs Eagle wrote:

if you really don’t care about sucking at something, carry on. That said because no matter how good you get you will suck beyond belief on some days.

That's true. If I weren't prepared to fail mightily, I wouldn't pick up a club... much less post those terrible but humorous videos. I have a pretty thick skin, though, and that's more important than any ugly golf swing in my opinion.

#13 2018-01-08 18:37:48 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

beagle (173)

They're supposed to be putting a TopGolf in the old Times-Picayune building in New Orleans. Gonna have to check that out.

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#14 2018-01-08 18:47:44 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

LMAO

stinkfist wrote:

This video is kind of old, and I actually took some lessons after it was filmed. I'm still pretty bad, but the hunchback problem has at least been replaced by other problems.

It's tough overcoming the bad habits. The really sad thing is that I used to be a lot better.

What happened? Well, one humid summer day at City Park I started losing my grip on the club and hitting slices. That led to a lot of bad habits. I started using a very tight grip (stupid). I had cord grips put on all my clubs... because fancy equipment can totally cure what ails your golf game, right?  wink

There was even a period of several months where I would actually let go of the club briefly at the top of my backswing. Even that was surprisingly difficult to stop doing.

I fought through that, and I fixed my grip. There are days when I hit the ball well, and a lot of days when I don't. I'm able to enjoy it. You've got to enjoy the process and the psychology even when the results aren't there.

dude....you just need to call me......but you have to listen and practice.....that's usually where it fails trying to teach an ol' dog new tricks....

it would be much easier......and you have my number.....

I can help you from a remote location over time....and I easily don't mind.....the people on this board that know me know I'm not full of shit......

#15 2018-01-08 19:01:40 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

stinkfist (764)

SoMs Eagle wrote:
eaglenjxn wrote:

As someone who was a +1 cap not long ago, you don’t realize how much you understand golf. It’s worse than a woman. It truly is the game that cannot be beaten.
My advice to anyone who picks up a club for the first time is ‘if you are obsessive about ANYTHING, put it down and never pick up another one in your life!’
On the other hand,  if you really don’t care about sucking at something, carry on. That said because no matter how good you get you will suck beyond belief on some days.

little known USM factiod......we have a USM HoF golfer that failed to make the tour, but had a Canuck (Glen Hnatiuk...the canadian crew were too much fonzies) that got the shanks at Metro in back in the '80s to shoot 90-93 at the metro championship at Kiawah Isle.....he went on to win a couple of minor events (one at windance) AND a PGA tour event......the other is now simply happily married with a great kid as a comptroller in PA.....golf has become nothing more than a pleasure for him at this point.....the HoF feller had the best hands I've ever seen pass through the hitting area....it was literally Phil M. hands.....as silky as they come....

once you can pound it and get it in the hole, it becomes the head game of head games.....

they call it the yips........even Tiggy learned that lesson the 'hard way'....

#16 2018-01-08 19:06:39 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

TheChosenOne (295)

stinkfist wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:
eaglenjxn wrote:

once you can pound it and get it in the hole, it becomes the head game of head games.......

That’s what she said

#17 2018-01-08 19:08:44 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

LMAO

stinkfist wrote:

dude....you just need to call me......but you have to listen and practice.....that's usually where it fails trying to teach an ol' dog new tricks....

it would be much easier......and you have my number.....

I can help you from a remote location over time....and I easily don't mind.....the people on this board that know me know I'm not full of shit......

You are far from full of shit, especially when it comes to golf. I've seen some of your scores. When it warms up and I pick up the clubs again I will most definitely seek your advice. I appreciate it.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-01-08 19:14:09)

Liked by:

#18 2018-01-08 19:13:44 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

AndreWhere (1252)

Really? Man, that's high praise. It would be a privilege to compete at even the junior college level, but Notre Dame? I'm, like, the Rudy of golf!

#19 2018-01-08 19:35:54 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

tg300 (439)

stinkfist wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:
eaglenjxn wrote:

little known USM factiod......we have a USM HoF golfer that failed to make the tour, but had a Canuck (Glen Hnatiuk...the canadian crew were too much fonzies) that got the shanks at Metro in back in the '80s to shoot 90-93 at the metro championship at Kiawah Isle.....he went on to win a couple of minor events (one at windance) AND a PGA tour event......the other is now simply happily married with a great kid as a comptroller in PA.....golf has become nothing more than a pleasure for him at this point.....the HoF feller had the best hands I've ever seen pass through the hitting area....it was literally Phil M. hands.....as silky as they come....

once you can pound it and get it in the hole, it becomes the head game of head games.....

My boy Glenn Canada was a sweet player. Darcy Furber caddied for him while playing. Chetti just stayed Chetti.

Side note, with the canucks in tow we won floor hockey every year. Usually our A v our B.

#20 2018-01-08 19:41:02 - Me swinging a golf club... brutal critiques welcome

stinkfist (764)

tg300 wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

My boy Glenn Canada was a sweet player. Darcy Furber caddied for him while playing. Chetti just stayed Chetti.

Side note, with the canucks in tow we won floor hockey every year. Usually our A v our B.

apparently, we know each other...furbs with a slice of cheddy......lmfao....good times those were....you easily know lil' buddy steve and double hooks....

Liked by:

Board footer