CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-13 17:16:13 - Football Tourney...

USMstang (303)

Football Tourney...

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#2 2018-01-14 08:09:43 - Football Tourney...

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Football Tourney...

play.png

Is the part I underlined true, though? UCF had a home game against Georgia Tech that was cancelled. UCF could have lined up some road games against SEC teams, too, but they didn't in 2017.

The "group of 5" teams seem content to play in AAA-size stadiums, pay their coaches salaries barely worthy of a pharmacist, etcetera. Then they hype up lawn mower bowl wins and CUSA division championships. If they do better than that, they complain about P5 bias.

Nothing will change until that attitude changes. We've seen a few baby steps in that direction. The Bower dismissal / Fedora hire was an example. UAB building a real stadium is another.

Honestly, ditching USM and forming the AAC was yet another example.

Outside of Louisville and TCU, though, no one new has ever stepped up to the plate and done what it takes to be nationally relevant.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-01-14 08:14:24)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-01-14 08:35:16 - Football Tourney...

USMstang (303)

I'd just like to see an actual tournament replace some of these crappy ass bowls. Reserve the smaller bowls for the teams that didn't win their conference/make the tourney and use the other venues/bowl names for the tourney games.  That way, there are a few less 6-6, 7-5 teams in the post season and the bowls are more meaningful plus we get more of a true championship.  Everyone is happy!

#4 2018-01-14 08:52:05 - Football Tourney...

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

I'd just like to see an actual tournament replace some of these crappy ass bowls. Reserve the smaller bowls for the teams that didn't win their conference/make the tourney and use the other venues/bowl names for the tourney games.  That way, there are a few less 6-6, 7-5 teams in the post season and the bowls are more meaningful plus we get more of a true championship.  Everyone is happy!

Yeah, people get all hyped up for March Madness every year and don't even realize it doesn't have to be just basketball. I don't get it. It's herd thinking, I guess. Muh SEC muh Big Ten.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2018-01-14 21:22:26 - Football Tourney...

USMstang (303)

For that matter, the smaller bowls can be the equivalent to the NIT.

Board footer