CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-21 08:59:07 - Patriots' James Harrison shows off his new AK pistol

AndreWhere (1252)

Patriots' James Harrison shows off his new AK pistol

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-p … -113813789

Not a big fan of AK pistols, but that is some nice-looking furniture. Matte black and lighter-colored wood look great together.

Not sure how he's avoiding Massachusetts' AK ban, though. He may be in for an unpleasant surprise, assuming he actually lives there.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-01-21 15:29:37 - Patriots' James Harrison shows off his new AK pistol

USMstang (303)

Re: Patriots' James Harrison shows off his new AK pistol

With exception of the simple paint, that is a very common gun.  It's not particularly a favorite of mine since it's a pistol version of an already inaccurate rifle.  The AK design is one of functionality over accuracy due to the nature of the long, sloppy bolt.  It will feed & fire ammo very consistently under most any condition but is not known as a "tack driver".  I'm glad Harrison is a gun guy but as this pic circulates further, it will help further popularize the Draco within the urban community.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#3 2018-01-21 15:51:56 - Patriots' James Harrison shows off his new AK pistol

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

With exception of the simple paint, that is a very common gun.

Oh, definitely. I've already seen AK "purists" (a weird concept to begin with) talking about how it probably has cast parts and saying he should have gone with something more expensive.

USMstang wrote:

It's not particularly a favorite of mine since it's a pistol version of an already inaccurate rifle.

Yeah, for me it's one of those things that doesn't have a real reason to exist. I don't think most people even line up the sights on those things when they shoot, they literally "shoot from the hip" at something maybe 5 yards away. They're just fucking around... which is OK, I guess.

#4 2018-01-21 17:57:46 - Patriots' James Harrison shows off his new AK pistol

USMstang (303)

I don't want to be too disparaging in my remarks due to the business I'm in but yah, it's uses are pretty limited and the sights are a waste of time.

As the purists go, AKs are stamped shit and they know it.  I realize there are plenty of milled receivers out there but they are a very small percentage of millions of them.

Ole boy is just having fun anyway!

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#5 2018-02-02 00:10:17 - Patriots' James Harrison shows off his new AK pistol

AndreWhere (1252)

USMstang wrote:

As the purists go, AKs are stamped shit and they know it.  I realize there are plenty of milled receivers out there but they are a very small percentage of millions of them.

Not sure how the stamped-vs.-milled percentages break down, but the stamped "AKM" was always what Kalashnikov wanted to make. The milled AK was just a compromise that was produced while the Soviets figured out how to make a stamped rifle. The milled AK appeals to the crowd who gets off on running over a rifle with a truck and then testing whether it will still fire underwater, but the stamped AKM appeals to me more.

Board footer