CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-13 20:10:23 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

99beers (250)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,242

USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

In a statement, USM President Dr. Rodney Bennett said he traveled to Jackson to express his concern over the policy change.

On February 7, 2018, the Mississippi House of Representatives passed House Bill 1083, which, if signed into law, would authorize any person who has an enhanced firearms license to carry such firearm on public property. This would result in a policy change, which would disallow public agencies from maintaining any policies that designate spaces where firearms are prohibited. Earlier this week, I traveled to Jackson to speak with members of the legislature to share my concerns about this type of policy change.

As a public institution, The University of Southern Mississippi remains committed to providing a safe, productive, and inclusive learning environment for each member of our community, and we will continue to do all that we can, within the law, to advocate for and ensure the safety of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors.

Rodney D. Bennett, President


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Offline

#2 2018-02-13 20:38:56 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

USMstang (245)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 968

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

That libtard pussy needs to go back from where he came from.  It's very rare I run across an armed guard at USM and so I'm all for Enhanced Carry (IC) on campus.  He should do some research before he opens his stupid fucking mouth.  I can't wait until I see that fucker so I can tell him such to his face.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#3 2018-02-13 21:00:24 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

AndreWhere (676)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,639

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

After what happened at Las Vegas, I think it's pretty unrealistic to expect people to group together into unarmed hoards, especially in a "red" state. The fact that a left wing extremist shot several hundred people from a generally conservative demographic in a "gun free" zone deserves more attention.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#4 2018-02-13 23:13:44 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

B&GBU (86)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 274

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

Expenses for him to lobby against the law abiding responsible majority of MS citizens provided by same.


"Winning is relative."

Offline

Liked by:

#5 2018-02-13 23:28:39 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

Black Diamond Reb (238)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 860

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

FlamingoBoy wrote:

The University of Southern Mississippi remains committed to providing an inclusive learning environment.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyNz_UMF6sdevXD1Px-td2dKg4THYQxTHqes4bAKrhDdSYRt83

Last edited by Black Diamond Reb (2018-02-13 23:30:55)


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

Online

#6 2018-02-13 23:58:58 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

EagleFWB (76)
Member
Registered: 2017-12-05
Posts: 201

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

So what's ya'lls concern?

Offline

#7 2018-02-14 06:48:18 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

tg300 (330)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 957

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

In reality, enhanced carry in all public areas has been the law since 2011. This bill just provides a legal path to sue government institutions if you feel your rights have been violated.

Many government institutions are circumventing the law by declaring certain areas ‘non public.’ 

That being said, if you think it is a good idea for you and 500 other goofballs to be packing at a game you have issues. If someone started shooting at a game you pulling your weapon could only make matters worse. There are too many people in a small space and enhanced carry class doesn’t prepare you for that situation.

Offline

#8 2018-02-14 07:49:29 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

AndreWhere (676)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,639

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

EagleFWB wrote:

So what's ya'lls concern?

I really don't think the state legislature should be allowed to decide anything involving firearms, nor should Rodney Bennett. What you have here is just an example of the kiddy table making noise.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#9 2018-02-14 07:50:48 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

USMstang (245)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 968

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

Meh, I like my odds better if me and 500 other trained people are carrying at a game!

I have not read the bill but if this is in regard to "enhanced carry" which is actually Instructor Certified carry, these armed citizens are not goofballs.  You could argue that many law enforcement are goofballs as well but again, I prefer the odds.  A responsibly armed public is not a bad thing and if you think it is, you too have swallowed the bait that will end our essential freedoms.  This includes untrained, law abiding armed citizens as well.

You know why these same armed citizens are not drawing guns and randomly acting as law-enforcement?  Because they don't need
or want to generally.  But when the need occurs, law enforcement are damn glad armed citizens are there to render assistance.  Name a time that you can think of when armed citizens caused problems by getting into an unneeded shootout...now name a time when there where no law enforcement present and a bunch of un-armed citizens were gunned down.   See my point.  We can't name the former but we can rattle off far too many times when the latter occurred.

Please don't buy into the global establishment plan to disarm and further ruin the USA!!


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#10 2018-02-14 07:58:42 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

tg300 (330)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 957

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

USMstang wrote:

Meh, I like my odds better if me and 500 other trained people are carrying at a game!

I have not read the bill but if this is in regard to "enhanced carry" which is actually Instructor Certified carry, these armed citizens are not goofballs.  You could argue that many law enforcement are goofballs as well but again, I prefer the odds.  A responsibly armed public is not a bad thing and if you think it is, you too have swallowed the bait that will end our essential freedoms.  This includes untrained, law abiding armed citizens as well.

You know why these same armed citizens are not drawing guns and randomly acting as law-enforcement?  Because they don't need
or want to generally.  But when the need occurs, law enforcement are damn glad armed citizens are there to render assistance.  Name a time that you can think of when armed citizens caused problems by getting into an unneeded shootout...now name a time when there where no law enforcement present and a bunch of un-armed citizens were gunned down.   See my point.  We can't name the former but we can rattle off far too many times when the latter occurred.

Please don't buy into the global establishment plan to disarm and further ruin the USA!!

I’m not buying into anything. I am as pro 2nd amendment as anyone can be.

I’m all for you, me, and everyone carrying anywhere they want, with very few exceptions.

A stadium full of people is one. All the enhanced training in the world will not prepare you to use your weapon in that setting.

A courtroom is another.

Offline

#11 2018-02-14 08:08:24 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

USMstang (245)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 968

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

Not specifically replying to you and I get your point.  With that said, how many people do you think carry presently into stadiums full of people?  Do you think that number will change with the passage of this bill? 

Courtrooms are one place that don't need weapons except by impartial law enforcement/judges.  Too much emotion going on in there.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#12 2018-02-14 08:22:56 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

AndreWhere (676)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,639

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

I've been to countries where most people have never fired a gun, but the cops carry machine guns. People in those places act like we're uncivilized, but I thought it was pretty creepy there.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#13 2018-02-14 08:59:18 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

tg300 (330)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 957

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

USMstang wrote:

Not specifically replying to you and I get your point.  With that said, how many people do you think carry presently into stadiums full of people?  Do you think that number will change with the passage of this bill? 

Courtrooms are one place that don't need weapons except by impartial law enforcement/judges.  Too much emotion going on in there.

Emotions is a great argument against carrying in a stadium as well.

This bill doesn’t change the law. It just adds recourse if you feel someone/Zoe place is infringing on your right to carry with overreaching restrictions.

Offline

#14 2018-02-14 09:02:03 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

USMstang (245)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 968

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

AndreWhere wrote:

I've been to countries where most people have never fired a gun, but the cops carry machine guns. People in those places act like we're uncivilized, but I thought it was pretty creepy there.

Do those countries have huge sectors of their population enabled, entitled, and kept poor on gov't benefits in order to keep a political party in power?  Did those countries ever have to rely on an armed nation to remove a brutal dictator from rule?


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#15 2018-02-14 09:04:14 - USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

USMstang (245)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 968

Re: USM president concerned over possibility of MS gun bill

tg300 wrote:
USMstang wrote:

Not specifically replying to you and I get your point.  With that said, how many people do you think carry presently into stadiums full of people?  Do you think that number will change with the passage of this bill? 

Courtrooms are one place that don't need weapons except by impartial law enforcement/judges.  Too much emotion going on in there.

Emotions is a great argument against carrying in a stadium as well.

This bill doesn’t change the law. It just adds recourse if you feel someone/Zoe place is infringing on your right to carry with overreaching restrictions.

Good, I've been waiting on a bill/law like that to occur in MS.  Businesses that prohibit CC should be held liable if they inhibit personal protection. I own a business and the more armed people, the better!


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

Liked by:

Board footer