CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-14 14:21:51 - Judy is Done

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Judy is Done

Expect her "resignation" within the next couple of weeks, or months. She had one main job to handle......one.
And she did absolutely nothing......I love that financials were not disclosed. Why Judy? Why are you not screaming from a mountain top on how you improved the financials from the last pooch screw media deal? Is it because its less?

A multi-year agreement makes CBS Sports the primary rights holder for C-USA football and men’s basketball

Beginning with the 2018-19 season, CBS Sports Network will broadcast nine football games plus the C-USA Football Championship and eight men’s basketball games per year

CBS Sports also has reached an innovative deal with Facebook to sublicense and produce select C-USA football and basketball games that will broadcast exclusively on Facebook. The agreement allows for three football games and six basketball games per year to air on Facebook.

Stadium will broadcast 15 football games and 17 men’s basketball games for the 2018-19 season.

Thats it folks.....thats what she got paid to accomplish......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-03-14 15:18:09 - Judy is Done

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Judy is Done

Guarantee the only missing detail is "$0.00".

I'm less optimistic than you that they can her. CUSA is about checking a box. "Yup, we've got football here and its bills are paid." That's the limit of our ambition.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-03-14 16:29:17 - Judy is Done

B&GBU (259)

Sun Belt:  bla bla bla & no $, CUSA: bla bla bla & no $. Bargaining position is weak, not much she can do, except spare us any bullshit.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#4 2018-03-14 17:39:27 - Judy is Done

AndreWhere (1252)

B&GBU wrote:

Sun Belt:  bla bla bla & no $, CUSA: bla bla bla & no $. Bargaining position is weak, not much she can do, except spare us any bullshit.

There's a lot of truth to that, but I'd like to see at least some attempt at creativity.

A national media contract with a big TV network is the obvious thing to want. If you can't get that, taking the 'hurr, durr, everyone's cutting their cable anyway, let's stream instead" approach is the obvious thing to do instead. But it's crappy. I'm really tired of having to mess around with a computer to watch sports.

What I'd like to see is a more regional, decentralized approach. Get USM football on real TV in places where people who might actually have or form some connection with USM are located: the Coast, Jackson, St. Tammany and St. Bernard Parishes, and so on.

The national TV thing isn't happening. About 80% of CUSA consists of teams most people either haven't heard of, or think are FCS. It's stupid selling (really, giving away) media rights to a national network.

I'd also like to see more of USM on the SEC network, but that's not on Judy.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2018-03-14 18:17:20 - Judy is Done

Black Diamond Reb (418)

That mean ole SUNWACUSA.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#6 2018-03-14 20:18:43 - Judy is Done

99beers (303)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

That mean ole SUNWACUSA.

Fuck off troll

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Board footer