CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-05-14 20:00:56 - LA Tech @ USM baseball: game 3

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: LA Tech @ USM baseball: game 3

Pretty much

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#22 2018-05-14 21:06:23 - LA Tech @ USM baseball: game 3

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:
tg300 wrote:

Franklin hasn’t led off all year.

He steals bases after pinch running for another hitter.

Franklin leading off is a Stinkfist idea. I don't have a strong opinion on it. There is a school of thought that says you need a fast runner at the top of the order, but I guess Berry doesn't subscribe to that. Personally I'd look at OBP and maybe runs scored in choosing a lead-off man. Those stats tie together a whole lot of the offensive skills one needs to succeed in that role.

that IS THE NUMBER of the 'WHY'.... and he does it with limited reps that matches Monte's numbers.... toss in his ability to steal, bunt for hit, take pitches, hit and run......

all I know I don't corch the dayum team.....but if'n I did...............

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#23 2018-05-14 21:19:05 - LA Tech @ USM baseball: game 3

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
tg300 wrote:

Franklin hasn’t led off all year.

He steals bases after pinch running for another hitter.

Franklin leading off is a Stinkfist idea. I don't have a strong opinion on it. There is a school of thought that says you need a fast runner at the top of the order, but I guess Berry doesn't subscribe to that. Personally I'd look at OBP and maybe runs scored in choosing a lead-off man. Those stats tie together a whole lot of the offensive skills one needs to succeed in that role.

that IS THE NUMBER of the 'WHY'.... and he does it with limited reps that matches Monte's numbers.... toss in his ability to steal, bunt for hit, take pitches, hit and run......

I will grant you this: the case for Franklin as lead off hitter is easier to make than than the case for Montenegro as lead off hitter.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#24 2018-05-14 21:50:12 - LA Tech @ USM baseball: game 3

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

I will grant you this: the case for Franklin as lead off hitter is easier to make than than the case for Montenegro as lead off hitter.

it's gets much better when you look at the numbers.....

obp differential between the two is .001 now....

monte's slugging percentage is too high for the 1 guy.....what a waste.....franklin's low number would also be attributed to bald berry small ball at times....

now let's look a stolen bases......one is 1/5 and the other is 11/13.......that's the other one that JUMPS OUT AND GRABS YA BY THE BALLS......

Frankin at the 1, Monte at the 2, the best slugging % with the next 3, then Guidry, (Keating or whoever), Donaldson, and Lebo is the best we got......

been that way for 2 mos. now.......

like I said, I don't corch ze team....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Board footer