CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-18 12:48:52 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

Ace Barker (260)
Website

#2 2018-05-18 13:25:09 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: C-USA Commisioner Speaks

Some things she mentioned:

CBS will produce games shown on Facebook next year.

BeIn still shows C-USA games and may continue doing so pending negotiations. Don't think I saw any USM games on BeIN last year. It was nice seeing some in 2016.

There will be more Internet-based ways to watch football announced soon.  roll

Interviewer thinks C-USA needs to "expand its footprint" by adding teams.  mad

She doesn't "put much stock" in the AAC's "P6" claims.

She doesn't thing the G5 would be on board with playoff expansion if it didn't include an automatic G5 bid.

"There has to be more going on at your game than just the game."

ODU is building a new stadium.

DeAngelo Williams is her favorite "C-USA player."

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-05-18 15:07:44 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

A few thoughts......

I have said this before....We have the ability to be one of the leaders in online content and leverage any legal clause within our media rights deal to create EagleTube or EULU or some online pass that gets you access to all home sports, and select road access online. Ramp up the RTF department, get a dozen 1080p or 4K video devices and stream.....Do it in partnership with our current CUSA Access package and charge $100 a year for all sports minus football games. I would have access to all baseball, basketball, soccer, etc.... You get 5K -10K annual subscribers based on our out of state alumni base, parents of enrolled athletes, etc.....you end up making another 1/2 -1 million a year. RTF students get credit towards their degree....you sell advertising(Sonic, O'Charleys) you make even more money.

CUSA expanding........I think we missed on not offering cash cow Liberty a full sports bid. They are playing 4-5 CUSA teams already with home and homes over the next 5 years so whats the difference. They are investing over $100 million into on campus sports facilities right now and have a university endowment of over 1.3 BILLION. It would help ODU, Marshall and UNCC with a more regional opponent as well.

Agree 10000% on game day entertainment. How hard is it to set aside 10K a game and book a has been or an up and coming music artist to play a pre game and post game set on campus for football home games? Hell, even get some local artist on a side stage away from the main performing stage and enhance the tailgating experience while helping out some local artist? Not that hard to enhance our gameday experience. Maybe it helps sell 1-2K more seats.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#4 2018-05-18 16:47:26 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

admin (289)
Administrator

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Hell, even get some local artist on a side stage

Does Seminary count as local? Shorty Carruth is available.

Shorty_Carruth.jpg

#5 2018-05-18 18:21:05 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

Was thinking more along the lines of Survivor.....isn’t the lead singer from MS?

46171663047105de0b9577fbe94fd90c.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#6 2018-05-18 20:13:33 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

B&GBU (259)

We've done all that circus junk and it comes across tacky and desperate. They ain't gonna pile in for no 2-bit caterwauling.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#7 2018-05-18 21:25:38 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

B&GBU wrote:

We've done all that circus junk and it comes across tacky and desperate. They ain't gonna pile in for no 2-bit caterwauling.

Maybe we can get Arrested Development (Mr. Wendal) to come back and play The Rock instead of RGC.........hopefully the number of band members won’t exceed the actual crowd this time around.....

“Here, have a dollar
In fact, no brotherman here, have two
Two dollars means a snack for me
But it means a big deal to you
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal!”

Liked by:

#8 2018-05-19 10:10:21 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

Maybe we can get Arrested Development (Mr. Wendal) to come back and play The Rock instead of RGC.........hopefully the number of band members won’t exceed the actual crowd this time around.....

“Here, have a dollar
In fact, no brotherman here, have two
Two dollars means a snack for me
But it means a big deal to you
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal!”

I laughed pretty hard when I woke up and learned that the plan to salvage USM football involved "Mr. Wendell."

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#9 2018-05-19 10:20:15 - C-USA Commisioner Speaks

I believe Mr Wendal was in attendance today at Harry and Megan’s wedding....did you see how the royals looked when the brother pastor from Chicago started preaching? He started talking about MLK and all the white people just looked at their programs......

Board footer