CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-22 12:25:19 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

The Dollar General reference is right on the money

ttr.png

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-06-22 13:47:12 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: The Dollar General reference is right on the money

CUSA doesn't deserve our history or tradition going forward. The legacy built over decades of promise, effort and achievement shouldn't fall victim anymore to those who lack vision or choose to welcome complacency in the athletic community. To blame current administrators alone is naive as they are simply maintaining what was handed to them by their unqualified predecessors. Fear, laziness and incompetence landed us here today.  Bennett and Gilbert accepted their current positions knowing foresight and accountability would never become a requirement or performance metric. They are nothing more than department level managers when we truly need the experience and vision of a CEO to right our current standing and rebuild our once proud brand. A new generation of fan is here today and those who knew our past potential and independent success are dying away at an alarming pace. We are well beyond the critical time for change. Someone needs to change our path and they are not on the USM payroll. Southern Miss needs to exit the door to this conference now or all of our proud tradition and history will just fade away.

Exit-CUSA.png

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#3 2018-06-22 14:04:32 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Bennett and Gilbert accepted their current positions knowing foresight and accountability would never become a requirement or performance metric. They are nothing more than department level managers when we truly need the experience and vision of a CEO

Definitely agree about Gilbert.

Bennett impresses me slightly more than that Larry, Curly, and Martha did. The knuckleheads between Fleming and Bennett gave us faculty revolts, Ellis Johnson, CUSA 3.01, Tablet-gate, General Jeff, demotion to "tier four" status, and God only remembers what else. I mean, in a span of about 6 months, Martha hired EJ as football coach, hired Chicken Little as AD, nuked the Economics department, watched CUSA disintegrate, and then left us with Aubrey Lucas as caretaker President. How that woman found another university president job completely escapes me, except that UWF is probably less important to Florida than USM is to Mississippi.

#4 2018-06-22 14:38:48 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

I will add one negative about Bennett that I wasn't thinking about when I made my last post.

At the CUSA baseball tournament, Bennett was interviewed on camera and I was disappointed in his inability to give out some specifics about why anyone would choose USM. Talk about the new engineering programs, the programs in the fine arts, the excellent doctoral programs in things like nursing, speech pathology, etcetera. Shoot, talk about diversity if you must. A lot of other schools are really pretty damned homogeneous in who they admit.

What you shouldn't do is just grin and spout platitudes about how USM is the #1 college in the galaxy or whatever. You're blowing whatever credibility you had when you do that. Tell people something good about USM that they didn't know. I could come up with something.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-06-22 14:40:10)

#5 2018-06-22 18:15:06 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

USMstang (303)

You are too nice Andre...Bennett is a total fucking shill just like the rest of them.  He is in way over his head but is too arrogant to realize it.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#6 2018-06-22 18:19:27 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

USMstang (303)

And Gilbert is a bullshitting moron.  I wouldn't piss on that mother fucker if given the chance.  He isn't worth my time.  He sent out part 1 of 3 today that easily qualifies as his greatest bullshit writing job yet.  He rambles on and on about educating athletes and a leadership academy.  Like how the hell does a guy with no leadership abilities with a team of idiots with no leadership abilities actually run some sort of a leadership academy???  We are failing our student athletes and when they try to find jobs only to find they were bullshit by their alma mater, they won't have any money to send back to help us save this already sunk ship.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#7 2018-06-22 18:52:30 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

"Gilbert University"

Just LMAO. He personally selects the instructors.

#8 2018-06-22 19:20:22 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Black Diamond Reb (418)

USMstang wrote:

He sent out part 1 today that easily qualifies as his greatest bullshit writing job yet.

Do share

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#9 2018-06-22 19:58:28 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
USMstang wrote:

He sent out part 1 today that easily qualifies as his greatest bullshit writing job yet.

Do share

The aphasia really sets in around paragraph #5:

"Yet as our Student-Athletes have headed home, our Department Leadership Team is gathering to consider how we promoted, funded, supported, and measured the leadership of our Student-Athletes. And in-turn, how we supported the educational mission of the University and the Department. How did we train our Student-Athletes to lead in alignment with our Guiding Principles of Respect, Positive Energy, Focus, Excellence, Collaboration and Honor? How have we prepared them for leadership roles once they return home to their communities with a degree in hand?

Some of this work does not yield an immediate measure of performance – which makes us all the more vigilant in our planning and reviews."

His punctuation and capitalization are really odd.

#10 2018-06-22 20:43:04 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

In the original Die Hard movie Hans Gruber gave out a list of bull$hit demands that included the seven members of the New Provo Front, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec and the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement that he read about in Time Magazine......all Hans really wanted was cash but he fed the FBI his load of “look over here!” crap......

Ladies and gentlemen......Gilbert is our Hans Gruber

giphy.gif

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#11 2018-06-22 20:50:51 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

In the original Die Hard movie Hans Gruber gave out a list of bull$hit demands that included the seven members of the New Provo Front, the five imprisoned leaders of Liberte de Quebec and the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement that he read about in Time Magazine......all Hans really wanted was cash but he fed the FBI his load of “look over here!” crap......

Ladies and gentlemen......Gilbert is our Hans Gruber

C-USA is the Glock 7 of athletic conferences.

#12 2018-06-22 21:39:34 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Ace Barker (260)
Website

USM's athletic director writes about Homeward Bound in the first of three articles.  I am not sure how to respond to this other than, "Just Damn!"

http://www.southernmiss.com/genrel/062218aaa.html

Ace...

Liked by:

#13 2018-06-22 21:46:14 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

USM's athletic director writes about Homeward Bound in the first of three articles.  I am not sure how to respond to this other than, "Just Damn!"

http://www.southernmiss.com/genrel/062218aaa.html

Ace...

The dude's confused. "Outward Bound" is some kind of proto-wilderness course / crossfit crap that he sent some players to. "Homeward Bound" is a schmaltzy Disney movie about wayward talking animals that Gilbert probably saw with his kids when they were little. Maybe he understands all of this, but I doubt it. I feel like he just types "Outward Bound" sometimes and "Homeward Bound" at other times. He probably really likes the word "bound." Could indicate some kind of bondage fixation. He could even be confused about what S and M stand for in "USM."

All this is to say that the dude's a weirdo and is probably stoned 24-7. I've got no particular problem with that, but at least translate it into some out-of-the-box thinking, for the love of all things holy!

#14 2018-06-23 07:01:20 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

tg300 (439)

AndreWhere wrote:

I will add one negative about Bennett that I wasn't thinking about when I made my last post.

At the CUSA baseball tournament, Bennett was interviewed on camera and I was disappointed in his inability to give out some specifics about why anyone would choose USM. Talk about the new engineering programs, the programs in the fine arts, the excellent doctoral programs in things like nursing, speech pathology, etcetera. Shoot, talk about diversity if you must. A lot of other schools are really pretty damned homogeneous in who they admit.

What you shouldn't do is just grin and spout platitudes about how USM is the #1 college in the galaxy or whatever. You're blowing whatever credibility you had when you do that. Tell people something good about USM that they didn't know. I could come up with something.

Diversity and flamingos.  And tater tots.

#15 2018-06-23 07:45:35 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Ace Barker (260)
Website

The last true Athletic Directors at USM were Roland Dale and Bill McClellan. I have no idea about the last four other than a group of drivers taking USM on a never ending death spiral. I guess the car dealers and “cocktail loungers” are content.

Ace...

Liked by:

#16 2018-06-23 09:18:10 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

“If you hang with chickens in CUSA you’re going to cluck.....if you want to soar be a Golden Eagle” -Mike Honcho

ShabbyWeightyChevrotain-max-1mb.gif

#17 2018-06-23 09:49:12 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Black Diamond Reb (418)

The results of the Leadership Academy will pay high dividends for our sport programs.

I can't wait to revisit this little prognostication.

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

#18 2018-06-23 09:59:21 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

No need to wait......

Ironbound-New-Jersey-Stadium-NJ-Untapped-Cities4.jpg

#19 2018-06-23 13:13:50 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

tg300 (439)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:

No need to wait......

Well you do see part of the C-USA logo.

#20 2018-06-23 14:04:44 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Black Diamond Reb (418)

What's last year's homecoming crowd have to do with it?

Liked by:

Board footer