CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-06-23 14:12:40 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: The Dollar General reference is right on the money

John Cox: "interesting stadium up here in Nowheresville... press box has sort of an open layout."

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#22 2018-06-23 16:00:56 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

B&GBU (259)

USMstang wrote:

And Gilbert is a bullshitting moron.  I wouldn't piss on that mother fucker if given the chance.  He isn't worth my time.  He sent out part 1 of 3 today that easily qualifies as his greatest bullshit writing job yet.  He rambles on and on about educating athletes and a leadership academy.  Like how the hell does a guy with no leadership abilities with a team of idiots with no leadership abilities actually run some sort of a leadership academy???  We are failing our student athletes and when they try to find jobs only to find they were bullshit by their alma mater, they won't have any money to send back to help us save this already sunk ship.

I had them remove me from the email list because I just couldn't take this shit. Where else could Gilbert carry on in such a nonsensical manner and retain a $300k salary. Embarrassing!

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#23 2018-06-23 16:08:20 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

B&GBU wrote:

Where else could Gilbert carry on in such a nonsensical manner and retain a $300k salary

New Orleans city government maybe?

Liked by:

#24 2018-06-23 19:27:19 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Ace Barker (260)
Website

B&GBU wrote:
USMstang wrote:

And Gilbert is a bullshitting moron.  I wouldn't piss on that mother fucker if given the chance.  He isn't worth my time.  He sent out part 1 of 3 today that easily qualifies as his greatest bullshit writing job yet.  He rambles on and on about educating athletes and a leadership academy.  Like how the hell does a guy with no leadership abilities with a team of idiots with no leadership abilities actually run some sort of a leadership academy???  We are failing our student athletes and when they try to find jobs only to find they were bullshit by their alma mater, they won't have any money to send back to help us save this already sunk ship.

I had them remove me from the email list because I just couldn't take this shit. Where else could Gilbert carry on in such a nonsensical manner and retain a $300k salary. Embarrassing!

They gave up on me when I sent G and Martha an email in 07.

Ace...

#25 2018-06-30 14:37:11 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Fighting eagle (114)

I was in the search committee when they hired Giannini. I wanted Dr. Danny But they chose G which had just been run out of Louisiana.

Last edited by Fighting eagle (2018-06-30 14:37:52)

Liked by:

#26 2018-06-30 15:03:27 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

Fighting eagle wrote:

G which had just been run out of Louisiana.

What exactly was the appeal of Giannini? He knew how to work with a small budget? That's not a very uplifting reason for hiring someone. At some point, you have to want the budget to grow.

#27 2018-06-30 15:48:00 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Ace Barker (260)
Website

The committee was for show. The chair and the car dealers talked to Dutch Baughman. He recommended G. They bought into the Promisekeeper stuff and that was it. After Dr. Morrison, I was done other than to drive over and listen and learn.

Ace...

Liked by:

#28 2018-06-30 15:54:58 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Fighting eagle (114)

Both Richard and his wife are recovering alcoholics. His wife embarrassed herself on numerous occasions at functions. Just another example of poor hiring tactics at the University. This new AD may be the worst hire yet. I got out of the fire years ago.

Liked by:

#29 2018-06-30 17:02:41 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

They bought into the Promisekeeper stuff and that was it.

Ugh. I have so many problems with that.

My personal belief is that even if the Bible isn't true, it might as well be. It's true enough for me. That said, I find people who try to use religion to close a deal extremely distasteful. That's low.

Beyond that, Promise Keepers is the brainchild of an evil man: former Colorado Buffaloes head football coach Bill McCartney. Sal Aunese literally died of fear that McCartney would find out he'd impregnated his daughter (stomach cancer), but McCartney was cheating on his wife at the same time. Talk about hypocrisy.

Promise Keepers is the admitted result of his guilt about the affair; he's never admitted how shallow and destructive his relationship with Sal Aunese was. Bill would call it a process of atonement or growth or something. I'm not buying it. I really do not like that man.

Liked by:

#30 2018-06-30 17:05:18 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Fighting eagle wrote:

Both Richard and his wife are recovering alcoholics.

Enter Slackjaw who no one would touch at the time, not coincidentally.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Liked by:

#31 2018-06-30 18:56:47 - The Dollar General reference is right on the money

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Fighting eagle wrote:

Both Richard and his wife are recovering alcoholics. His wife embarrassed herself on numerous occasions at functions. Just another example of poor hiring tactics at the University. This new AD may be the worst hire yet. I got out of the fire years ago.

He did not hide that. Brought it up in the meeting. Turned me off big time.

Ace...

Liked by:

Board footer