CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-27 08:59:31 - Mission Impossible Fallout

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Mission Impossible Fallout

Saw it last night. If you enjoy that series it’s one of the better, darker ones. Holding at 98% on Rotten Tomatoes currently. Picks up two years after Rogue Nation and ties directly with the same terrorism organization in the last film. Worthy of a summer blockbuster. If you can get past Scientology and Alec Baldwin you will enjoy it.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-07-27 11:14:16 - Mission Impossible Fallout

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Mission Impossible Fallout

Yeah, I've heard good things about that one.

Scientology always struck me as sort of an expensive alternative to Mormonism. You don't have to wear special underware, though, so there's that.

#3 2018-07-27 11:53:59 - Mission Impossible Fallout

tg300 (439)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Scientology and Alec Baldwin

Both of those are tough to stomach.

#4 2018-07-27 12:49:14 - Mission Impossible Fallout

admin wrote:

Scientology always struck me as sort of an expensive alternative to Mormonism. You don't have to wear special underware, though, so there's that.

My wife gave me her take on the Tom Cruise Scientology deal last night after the movie. Apparently Clearwater, Fl is the new international headquarters for that church? They operate out of a building that is called The Super Power Building and it has been under construction for a decade. Tom Cruise was “required” to leave LA and move to Clearwater in order to remain in their high order. It is believed he can’t make any big decisions without the approval of the Chairman. He even guides him on movie productions......

So I guess I have Scientology to thank for green lighting Top Gun 2?

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2018-08-05 14:41:20 - Mission Impossible Fallout

Watching MI 3 right now......that’s another great one in this series.

That JJ Abrams is one talented dude. He knows how to make a good movie.......except for that Star Wars one. That sucked......

#6 2018-08-05 16:06:14 - Mission Impossible Fallout

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

That JJ Abrams is one talented dude. He knows how to make a good movie.......except for that Star Wars one. That sucked......

I didn't hate Last Jedi as much as some people. It was very uneven; the notion of a menopausal woman with dyed blue hair running anything bigger than a Crock Pot offended me, but "the best teacher failure is" was a pretty classic Yoda line.

Saw Mission Impossible Fallout last weekend. I was impressed by how it managed to have a twisty, potentially confusing plot that I somehow understood at the end, even though most of the movie was shooting and motorcycle stunts. It was kind of the opposite of The Usual Suspects in that respect.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer