CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2018-08-27 07:51:58 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

99beers (303)

Re: New four year contract for Jay Hopson

Me 0.  And they won’t get a dime until the idiots lay out a plan to get us out of this shit hole conference.   Show me something if you want my dimes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

#22 2018-08-27 08:03:20 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

skyvoyager (177)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Reality is reality. Hop is ahead of hair gel in regular season and conference wins after two years including a win against the SEC on the road. Let’s not forget how important year 3 was for us fans with Fedora and how he laid a major egg on national tv against South Carolina to start the season.

year 3 hasn't been particularly nice to alot of southern miss coachs

year 3 records

bear underwood  6-5
collins               6-6
carmody            4-7
hallman             8-4
bower               3-7-1
fedora               8-5
* e12loss           0-12
monken              9-5
hopson               ?

*e12loss was paid for 4 years so his only season in the books counts for year 3

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#23 2018-08-27 09:13:05 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

skyvoyager wrote:

Reality is reality. Hop is ahead of hair gel in regular season and conference wins after two years including a win against the SEC on the road. Let’s not forget how important year 3 was for us fans with Fedora and how he laid a major egg on national tv against South Carolina to start the season.

year 3 records

bear underwood  6-5
carmody            4-7
hallman             8-4
fedora               8-5
* e12loss           0-12
monken              9-5
hopson               ?

That Bower one really deflated me. Thought we should have been given the Independence Bowl bid over Wake in 92. We lost 3 games to the mighty SEC on the road by 19 points. But like true TTT fashion we lost to Northern Illinois that year. I was high on 93 with Pitt and ESPN coming to town. We had a great defense returning. Way to lay an egg......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#24 2018-08-27 09:41:21 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

skyvoyager (177)

skyvoyager wrote:

year 3 records

bear underwood  6-5
carmody            4-7
hallman             8-4
fedora               8-5
* e12loss           0-12
monken              9-5
hopson               ?

That Bower one really deflated me. Thought we should have been given the Independence Bowl bid over Wake in 92. We lost 3 games to the mighty SEC on the road by 19 points. But like true TTT fashion we lost to Northern Illinois that year. I was high on 93 with Pitt and ESPN coming to town. We had a great defense returning. Way to lay an egg......

I was at the pitt game, it was bad.... something like 4 ints in the 2nd half.  I think that was the beginning of the waters era.

Seems like they closed the west side upper deck so the stadium looked full for the espn cameras on the west side facing the east side.  Probably wasn't 25-26,000 there but it looked full on tv.... lol 

The tulane loss at home on homecoming that year was brutal as well.

One more note.  That team actually went 2-8-1 but they claim 3-7-1 due to an Alabama forfeit.

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#25 2018-08-27 10:28:24 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

TheChosenOne (295)

USMstang wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:

Curiosity pushes me to ask, why are so many against this??  We tried the coach carousel and went zilch and 12.  Took 3 years to recover. Budget is sad, same folks bitching do not give a dime to enhance budget.  So we bitch about a coach delivering a winning record on a high school budget??

What did I miss???  ‘Maybe’ ‘possibly’ ‘if’

Not sure if serious...

0-12 was not a carousel, it was a failed effort to appease the idiot half of the big donors.  Winning record and some bowl games is what got us into this mess along with some small time thinking many years ago.  My gripe is that Gilbert's comments resemble RG and that's just scary.

Can't help you with the bitching folks that do not give a dime...gave 45,000 dimes last year and on target for 61,000 dimes this year not counting tickets.

Right there with you on the dimes. So yea, apparently comment wasn’t directed to you or others giving.

Gilbert is a dumb fuck, think the majority agree ass clown screws up every time he opens his mouth or types about camping trips.

Apparently I poorly worded the coaching carousel. After Bower, we had Fedora. To his credit he did inject a great amount of enthusiasm among the dead. Something badly needed and respectfully need now. Other than his last year however results were nothing to get excited about. Then we had the Black Plague, locus, scarlet fever or whatever you call it. Monken then came in to clean up the mess.  Still head scratcher, for me at least, why took him time to find our way back to 500 but others say what’s his name caused it so I just trust that.   Bring in the SWAC Guy. Well, he hasn’t done any worse than those mentioned; actually better when considering first couple years  record. So to sum it up, and hopefully better articulate my original post, for what we can afford and based on results Hop doing damn fine job.  Now if more folks like yourself start ponying up 45,000 - 65,000 dimes a year we could afford quality coaches.

Hope this makes sense. If not, oh well I zigged when I should have zagged

Last edited by TheChosenOne (2018-08-27 10:31:22)

#26 2018-08-27 11:38:04 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

"If you want to experience happiness for an hour........eat a good steak

If you want to experience happiness for a full day.......play a round of golf

If you want to experience happiness for a month........buy a new car

If you want to experience lifelong disappointment with small, short, inconsistent moments of excitement and joy.......be a Southern Miss Golden Eagle fan"

-Nick Saban
Alabama Head Football Coach

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#27 2018-08-27 13:43:22 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

Black Diamond Reb (418)

TheChosenOne wrote:

If more folks like yourself start ponying up 45,000 - 65,000 dimes a year we could afford quality coaches

bigfoot-riding-loch-ness-monster.jpg

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#28 2018-08-27 13:54:12 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

stinkfist (764)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:

If more folks like yourself start ponying up 45,000 - 65,000 dimes a year we could afford quality coaches

PLZHUYZUUBCZICQ.20140528220018.jpg

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#29 2018-08-27 18:11:08 - New four year contract for Jay Hopson

Mlytc (24)

admin wrote:
Noodles wrote:

Dawson has been on Kentucky's payroll. Now we have to pay him.

Exactly, and it's not like someone else is taking a pay cut. So the pay pool for assistants has to increase, and Dawson's the obvious reason why.

Unless something has changed since I talked to the people who handle public records requests at USM last month, Dawson's been working without a contract at the $50,000 / year rate that USM was always paying him.

The NCAA now allows 10 on-field coaches rather than 9.  So, a portion of the additional funds will go to the 10th coach with Dawson getting whats left.

Board footer