CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-20 10:31:11 - Apple Watch 4 Release

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Apple Watch 4 Release

I made the investment a year ago with AW3 Nike +. I am probably in around $500 to date between the watch, additional watch band, cover screen protector, etc.....

Its been a great investment on two points for me....I do 3.5 miles a day and it is far better managing my workout compared to my fitbit. It provides more relevant information in my exercise dashboard as well. I'm also able to control music now during my run without fiddling with my phone. I didn't spend the additional cash on the LTE version because using it kills your battery at an alarming rate and I don't want to spend another $15 per month with my cell carrier for a feature I will rarely use.

The other benefit involves Siri and my car. I am able to use Siri to voice control my cars stereo easier with having her on my wrist vs trying to yell at her on my phone that is sitting in a cup holder when fighting outside noise driving with the top down.

The new Apple Watch 4 is really health focused...here are the new features.......

electro-cardiogram feature (ECG)
fall detection - It will call an emergency contact if you do not confirm you are ok within 1 minute after a fall is detected
There's also a set of heart rate notifications, including one that's looking out of atrial fibrillation (AF)
Walkie-Talkie mode - Cool if you have a network of friends using Apple Watch
Larger capacity for more music
Podcasts now supported
larger screen by using more of the actual screen area compared to previous models

I can see the Apple Watch evolving into a true health monitor over the next 5 years which is great. Probably will also turn into a parenting monitor for us adults that have senior parents out of sight. The larger screen and safety focus makes it appealing for those that want to be more in touch with elderly parents that might need help.

watch-modelheader-series4-hero-201809_GEO_US?wid=629&hei=383&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1536787988292

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-09-20 21:05:16 - Apple Watch 4 Release

USMstang (303)

Re: Apple Watch 4 Release

My Rolex doesn't spy on me and report my conversations to the NSA, FBI, DNI, Russia, or China!  Enjoy your electronic gizmo and all that monitoring it does.  Just know that when these phones, watches, and TVs are switched off...they are still listening/filming.  Again, my Rollie doesn't do any of that shit!  lol

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#3 2018-09-20 21:07:49 - Apple Watch 4 Release

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I made the investment a year ago with AW3 Nike +. I am probably in around $500 to date between the watch, additional watch band, cover screen protector, etc.....

Its been a great investment on two points for me....I do 3.5 miles a day and it is far better managing my workout compared to my fitbit. It provides more relevant information in my exercise dashboard as well. I'm also able to control music now during my run without fiddling with my phone. I didn't spend the additional cash on the LTE version because using it kills your battery at an alarming rate and I don't want to spend another $15 per month with my cell carrier for a feature I will rarely use.

The other benefit involves Siri and my car. I am able to use Siri to voice control my cars stereo easier with having her on my wrist vs trying to yell at her on my phone that is sitting in a cup holder when fighting outside noise driving with the top down.

The new Apple Watch 4 is really health focused...here are the new features.......

electro-cardiogram feature (ECG)
fall detection - It will call an emergency contact if you do not confirm you are ok within 1 minute after a fall is detected
There's also a set of heart rate notifications, including one that's looking out of atrial fibrillation (AF)
Walkie-Talkie mode - Cool if you have a network of friends using Apple Watch
Larger capacity for more music
Podcasts now supported
larger screen by using more of the actual screen area compared to previous models

I can see the Apple Watch evolving into a true health monitor over the next 5 years which is great. Probably will also turn into a parenting monitor for us adults that have senior parents out of sight. The larger screen and safety focus makes it appealing for those that want to be more in touch with elderly parents that might need help.

watch-modelheader-series4-hero-201809_GEO_US?wid=629&hei=383&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5&.v=1536787988292

Left side display is very nice.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2018-09-21 06:18:47 - Apple Watch 4 Release

tg300 (439)

My phone and vehicle both have a clock.

#5 2018-09-21 17:55:29 - Apple Watch 4 Release

USMstang (303)

tg300 wrote:

My phone and vehicle both have a clock.

You don't hike do you?  Do you ever squirrel hunt on large tracts of public land in the middle of nowhere?  Or do you boat out in the Gulf?

And that just made me realize these Apple watches must need to be charged like a phone.  Useless!  Just like my dead cell phone more than one time while it "roamed" my battery to death in about 2 hours time completely unknown to me as I was many miles in the middle of BFE.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Board footer