CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#41 2018-08-21 17:43:00 - Griggs Suspended

AndreWhere (605)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,180

Re: Griggs Suspended

Fighting eagle wrote:

Sussy says it's an academic thing and not what some of you were thinking.

Well look at the new guy coming through with the info. Go Suss.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#42 2018-08-21 17:52:17 - Griggs Suspended

99beers (241)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,203

Re: Griggs Suspended

Fighting eagle wrote:

Sussy says it's an academic thing and not what some of you were thinking.

If so it’s about cheating.  Someone turned him in from last spring or this summer.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Offline

#43 2018-08-21 17:59:42 - Griggs Suspended

AndreWhere (605)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,180

Re: Griggs Suspended

99beers wrote:

Someone turned him in from last spring or this summer.

Probably Howard Schnellenberger or that Sweet Peppers dude.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

Liked by:

#44 2018-08-21 18:03:33 - Griggs Suspended

Fighting eagle (57)
Member
Registered: 2018-06-30
Posts: 187

Re: Griggs Suspended

suss said in his online chat last night it is pending an academic review and that griggs can appeal any decision. I'm not sure if an appeal allows you to play while it is going on like the NFL. maybe someone here knows that rule.

Offline

#45 2018-08-21 19:14:20 - Griggs Suspended

stinkfist (353)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,881

Re: Griggs Suspended

Fighting eagle wrote:

Sussy says it's an academic thing and not what some of you were thinking.

if that's the case, why not release a simple statement....

there's a difference between indefinitely suspended vs. academically ineligible....

that's the weird thingy about this....

I'm tellin' ya, my source is damn solid.....

however, it won't be the first time I jumped the shark...


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#46 2018-08-21 19:16:30 - Griggs Suspended

Black Diamond Reb (217)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 807

Re: Griggs Suspended


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

Offline

#47 2018-08-21 19:17:08 - Griggs Suspended

AndreWhere (605)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,180

Re: Griggs Suspended

stinkfist wrote:
Fighting eagle wrote:

Sussy says it's an academic thing and not what some of you were thinking.

if that's the case, why not release a simple statement....

there's a difference between indefinitely suspended vs. academically ineligible....

that's the weird thingy about this....

I'm tellin' ya, my source is damn solid.....

however, it won't be the first time I jumped the shark...

The difference between suspended and ineligible seems to me to be the difference between misconduct and simply falling short technically.

"Misconduct" doesn't necessarily mean cheating, either. Maybe Hopson found out he'd missed some classes. He's not ineligible yet, because the grades aren't in, but he pissed Hop off enough to get disciplined.

Who knows? It doesn't even have to be just one thing.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#48 2018-08-21 19:19:39 - Griggs Suspended

tg300 (285)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 892

Re: Griggs Suspended

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
Fighting eagle wrote:

Sussy says it's an academic thing and not what some of you were thinking.

if that's the case, why not release a simple statement....

there's a difference between indefinitely suspended vs. academically ineligible....

that's the weird thingy about this....

I'm tellin' ya, my source is damn solid.....

however, it won't be the first time I jumped the shark...

The difference between suspended and ineligible seems to me to be the difference between misconduct and simply falling short technically.

"Misconduct" doesn't necessarily mean cheating, either. Maybe Hopson found out he'd missed some classes. He's not ineligible yet, because the grades aren't in, but he pissed Hop off enough to get disciplined.

Who knows? It doesn't even have to be just one thing.

FWIW, don't think it is in Hop To The Top's hands.

Offline

#49 2018-08-21 19:20:20 - Griggs Suspended

99beers (241)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,203

Re: Griggs Suspended

Student conduct matter doesn’t equate to grades.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Offline

#50 2018-08-21 19:26:41 - Griggs Suspended

Fighting eagle (57)
Member
Registered: 2018-06-30
Posts: 187

Re: Griggs Suspended

Scroll down about 10 stories and you can listen to just what that suss guy says about griggs. Go to the 10:40 mark. You can make your own decision what he means.

https://m.facebook.com/hattiesburgameri … rce=result

Offline

#51 2018-08-21 19:41:49 - Griggs Suspended

AndreWhere (605)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,180

Re: Griggs Suspended

Fighting eagle wrote:

Scroll down about 10 stories and you can listen to just what that suss guy says about griggs. Go to the 10:40 mark. You can make your own decision what he means.

https://m.facebook.com/hattiesburgameri … rce=result

Desktop URL:

https://www.facebook.com/hattiesburgame … rce=result

Listening now and I'll transcribe what I can.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#52 2018-08-21 19:42:15 - Griggs Suspended

AndreWhere (605)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,180

Re: Griggs Suspended

Nice thumbnail, Facebook. Really gets the message across.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#53 2018-08-21 19:54:05 - Griggs Suspended

AndreWhere (605)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,180

Re: Griggs Suspended

Fighting eagle wrote:

Scroll down about 10 stories and you can listen to just what that suss guy says about griggs. Go to the 10:40 mark. You can make your own decision what he means.

https://m.facebook.com/hattiesburgameri … rce=result

OK, I listened. There were indeed some hints about Griggs.

His situation is "pending academic review" and he can "appeal." To me, "student conduct" plus "academic review" and "appeal" implies some sort of academic misconduct that was bad enough to get him into a formal USM disciplinary process: plagiarism, cheating, etc.

FWIW Suss does not anticipate Griggs emerging from the appeal process successfully.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#54 2018-10-10 21:46:21 - Griggs Suspended

Black Diamond Reb (217)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 807

Re: Griggs Suspended


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

Offline

#55 2018-10-10 22:13:00 - Griggs Suspended

USMstang (230)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 937

Re: Griggs Suspended

Bennett is a fucking idiot plain and simple.  He presided over a violation of Griggs' rights in a pretty gross manner.  Erring on the side of caution is one thing but to violate basic constitutional rights regarding due process is a huge fucking problem.  Then again, he chose to act just like the Democrats on Capitol Hill.  This mother fucker can't leave USM fast enough for me.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

Liked by:

#56 2018-10-11 05:58:58 - Griggs Suspended

stinkfist (353)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,881

Re: Griggs Suspended

ain' nuttin' butter than that titty 9 fuckbag o' shite....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#57 2018-10-11 07:48:55 - Griggs Suspended

tg300 (285)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 892

Re: Griggs Suspended

USMstang wrote:

Bennett is a fucking idiot plain and simple.  He presided over a violation of Griggs' rights in a pretty gross manner.  Erring on the side of caution is one thing but to violate basic constitutional rights regarding due process is a huge fucking problem.  Then again, he chose to act just like the Democrats on Capitol Hill.  This mother fucker can't leave USM fast enough for me.

This university has been run by idiots at every level for decades.

Please give to the Eagle Club and come yell TTT.

Offline

#58 2018-10-11 11:02:03 - Griggs Suspended

Nugget's Ghostbuster (585)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 2,373

Re: Griggs Suspended

USMstang wrote:

Bennett is a fucking idiot plain and simple.  He presided over a violation of Griggs' rights in a pretty gross manner.  Erring on the side of caution is one thing but to violate basic constitutional rights regarding due process is a huge fucking problem.  Then again, he chose to act just like the Democrats on Capitol Hill.  This mother fucker can't leave USM fast enough for me.

rb_20181011-1601.jpeg


"In this edition of To The Top, I'll share how I spent Eagle Club donations on a 7-day wilderness experience on the Superior Hiking Trail in northern Minnesota."

Offline

Liked by:

#59 2018-10-11 14:01:33 - Griggs Suspended

TheChosenOne (108)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-26
Posts: 380

Re: Griggs Suspended

Another case of guilty until proven innocent

Offline

Liked by:

#60 2018-10-11 17:30:49 - Griggs Suspended

AndreWhere (605)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,180

Re: Griggs Suspended

Show trials have always been a favorite tool of the political left.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

Liked by:

Board footer