CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-16 16:42:42 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Dilbert is going to be hired by ECU.

giphy.gif

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2018-11-16 16:52:08 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Holy shit, it might actually happen:

http://www.reflector.com/ECU/2018/11/16 … lbert.html

Good riddance. Can't imagine why they'd want him, of all people. Damn sure doesn't know how to get people into a football stadium, which ought to be ECU's focus right now.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2018-11-16 16:53:03 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

AndreWhere (1252)

OH PLEASE, MISSUH ECU, DON'T THROW ME IN DAT DERE BRIAR PATCH, LAWD!

Liked by:

#4 2018-11-16 16:57:36 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Been following Boneyard Banter Board for years and they believe it’s a done deal. They seem good with the decision as well.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2018-11-16 17:08:44 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

SoMs Eagle (189)

Are they following us into the abyss?

#6 2018-11-16 17:17:03 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Fake Ellis Johnson (11)

I tried to do my part but some mental midget is messing it up.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-863695.html

#7 2018-11-16 17:36:30 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

AndreWhere (1252)

ing.png

But can he do the job without Kamara throwing him the assist?

Liked by:

#8 2018-11-16 17:42:39 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

AndreWhere (1252)

This guy gets it:

nood.png

No surprise that the only two people in that thread with IQs above room temperature are people who post here.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2018-11-16 21:55:58)

Liked by:

#9 2018-11-16 21:51:52 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

USM is stating they have no idea about Dilbert having discussions with Hart about ECU. If he has discussed it and even done a soft interview with other ECU officials, terminate him with cause right now. Even entertaining a discussion means he is not committed to his current position. Anyone that has ever interviewed while employed by someone else means that they want something else. Cut his ass loose now.

#10 2018-11-16 21:54:07 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Ace Barker (260)
Website

I heard it as well. Deleted the post. Gonna go to this game tomorrow.

Ace...

#11 2018-11-16 22:07:47 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

USM is stating they have no idea about Dilbert having discussions with Hart about ECU. If he has discussed it and even done a soft interview with other ECU officials, terminate him with cause right now. Even entertaining a discussion means he is not committed to his current position. Anyone that has ever interviewed while employed by someone else means that they want something else. Cut his ass loose now.

Only once in my life have I ever just resigned from a job without finding something else first, and, unfortunately, "finding something else first" does tend to involve sneaking around a bit on one's employer. 

That said, for Gilbert to be sniffing around after a mediocre (at best) year and a half is completely inappropriate. This is not Fedora going to UNC after going 12-2 in year four. This is more like Steve Maples trying to mount a presidential campaign in his spare time.

Liked by:

#12 2018-11-16 22:21:46 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

I hear you, but the level of public exposure and salary of his position should require professional courtesy by both Hart and DILBERT. Complete disrespect right now to USM officials, coaches, players and alumni. As you said, he hasn’t even been here two full years on a four year contract paying him $1.4 million. He isn’t all in and if there is smoke in Greenville with this rumor so there should be fire in Hattiesburg right now. If Lamont wants to earn our respect, make a statement that we only want people here that are 100% committed to this university.

#13 2018-11-16 22:31:55 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

AndreWhere (1252)

I hear you, but the level of public exposure and salary of his position should require professional courtesy by both Hart and DILBERT. Complete disrespect right now to USM officials, coaches, players and alumni. As you said, he hasn’t even been here two full years on a four year contract paying him $1.4 million. He isn’t all in and if there is smoke in Greenville with this rumor so there should be fire in Hattiesburg right now. If Lamont wants to earn our respect, make a statement that we only want people here that are 100% committed to this university.

It's outrageous on more than one level, and it could well backfire on him. I wonder if the people who pay his salary even perceive ECU as a worthy upgrade. I'm not that old and I remember well when USM and ECU were solid rivals. If ECU does their homework and rejects him, and he has to walk back into his office at USM, how is that supposed to work? It doesn't work for me.

It didn't even work for me when he was pretending to be committed to USM. He just never did that good of a job.

#14 2018-11-17 09:39:09 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Nugget brought up a good point.......we already have our next AD........he’s the guy on the right

bowers-and-bushes.jpg

Liked by:

#15 2018-11-17 09:40:15 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget brought up a good point.......we already have our next AD........he’s the guy on the right

bowers-and-bushes.jpg

Certainly wouldn't anyone to the left of W running things.

#16 2018-11-17 10:09:39 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Lloydlake (139)

bowers-and-bushes.jpg

At this point I'd be all in. Look where the conventional picks have gotten us.
I doubt he would have any interest.

#17 2018-11-17 12:53:16 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

I’d say he’s been away too long to be connected but maybe being a part of that committee that meets in Dallas these days has given him a little more street cred.....who’s the dude that went to Troy? Ask for forgiveness and offer him more money.....

#18 2018-11-17 13:22:48 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Cub Scout has finally realized what a financial and functional cluster this place has become. It only took Terry Don one day, it's taken Cubbie 18 months and he's ran out of paint. The next Lucky Charm / Webelo will be no better off, so congrats on your SUNWACUSA merit badge Jon, now move on to ropes and knots.

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#19 2018-11-18 09:36:53 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

EagleFWB (176)

I’d say he’s been away too long to be connected but maybe being a part of that committee that meets in Dallas these days has given him a little more street cred.....who’s the dude that went to Troy? Ask for forgiveness and offer him more money.....

Jeremy McClain... Should have been who we hired this time. IMHO we should throw the money at him, but if I'm being honest I'm not sure that he doesn't have a better job already at Troy.

#20 2018-11-18 10:08:56 - Every Southern Miss Fan is Getting an Early XMAS Gift!

tg300 (439)

Tom Jurich is available.

Board footer