CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#41 2018-11-29 08:24:43 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Re: Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

tg300 wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

My friend says that if getting out of CUSA is a priority, Coach Bower might come a lot closer to having the contacts and reputation to make a run at that, and he has an interesting point.

But then Hop to the Top can coast.  Well, coast a bit easier.

I wouldn’t think so. He fired some assistants that were close to him.

Ace...

Liked by:

#42 2018-11-29 08:30:04 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

EagleFWB (176)

At least we know Jeff will fire Hopson.... Twice if need be.

#43 2018-11-29 10:22:42 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Bower has the older contacts that are still in play but has been out of the athletic day to day operations for over a decade. The last time Bower came to work at Southern Miss......

We were on iPhone #1
Brritney Spears had a shaved head
Bob Barker was still holding that ridiculous microphone
Hannah Montana was only 15
Tobey McGuire was still Spiderman
Chris Brown was still nice to Rihanna
Juno was pregnant
Jack and Morgan were still working on their Bucket List
People could see a Nicholas Cage movie in an actual movie theater

Imagine golfing, fishing, doing whatever the hell you want for 10 years and then have to be working every single day, reporting to a boss, having to talk to Judy on a consistent basis and having to find a way to get USM to the level of Tulsa, Memphis, Charlotte and UAB.......

I think he should stick to fishing.......and golf

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#44 2018-11-29 10:27:53 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Bower has the older contacts that are still in play but has been out of the athletic day to day operations for over a decade. The last time Bower came to work at Southern Miss......

We were on iPhone #1
Brritney Spears had a shaved head
Bob Barker was still holding that ridiculous microphone
Hannah Montana was only 15
Tobey McGuire was still Spiderman
Chris Brown was still nice to Rihanna
Juno was pregnant
Jack and Morgan were still working on their Bucket List
People could see a Nicholas Cage movie in an actual movie theater

Imagine golfing, fishing, doing whatever the hell you want for 10 years and then have to be working every single day, reporting to a boss, having to talk to Judy on a consistent basis and having to find a way to get USM to the level of Tulsa, Memphis, Charlotte and UAB.......

I think he should stick to fishing.......and golf

^^^^This^^^^

Possibly interim but I would be surprised even with that.

Ace...

Liked by:

#45 2018-11-29 11:48:08 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

tg300 (439)

Ace Barker wrote:
tg300 wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

My friend says that if getting out of CUSA is a priority, Coach Bower might come a lot closer to having the contacts and reputation to make a run at that, and he has an interesting point.

Ace...

Yes, but I think he would give hop more rope.

#46 2018-11-29 12:27:38 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

Ace Barker (260)
Website

tg300 wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:
tg300 wrote:

Ace...

Yes, but I think he would give hop more rope.

Maybe. If he was up to a full scholarship load maybe not. In the end I doubt he will be selected or is interested. The president will select another one that fits into the "mold" of the previous two.

Ace...

Liked by:

#47 2018-11-29 12:33:52 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Ace Barker wrote:

The president will select another one that fits into the "mold" of the previous two.

I don't see the resemblance.

9134500_2_.jpeg?width=300

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#48 2018-11-29 18:40:36 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

AndreWhere (1252)

Sonya publishes recipes. Baby food cake: https://www.signaturemagazine.ms/conten … ya-varnell

1 cup oil... Sonya, girl, we don't all have your track & field metabolism!

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#49 2018-11-30 08:35:18 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

Mao Tse-gore (412)

In other words: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.FRhPDf2ZNVkCMfC2JwkF7wHaFO%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#50 2018-11-30 11:23:42 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

I would like to know if Gilbert is taking PTO today. I guess nothing important going on today at Southern Miss.....like lobbying for our bowl game, tying to fill open gaps in our future football schedules, etc.....

Maybe he is busy trying to hire Mike Houston away from his Charlotte offer. Curious if we can have an intern in the athletic department pull a public records list of his texts and phone calls from the past month. I mean if we are actually direct depositing Dilberts $15K paycheck on this last Friday of the month at the very least we could bill ECU for covering the cost of their consultant right now.......

Getting back one month of his salary could go a long way at Sherwin Williams with our next painting project

sherwin-williams-retail-store-shakopee-1.jpg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#51 2018-11-30 13:34:51 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

tg300 (439)

High School championship games at the rock today and tomorrow.  3 today.  3 tomorrow.

Video feed not working.

Looks amateurish.

Glad we are able to put our best foot forward and put on a show for these HS kids and their parents.

#52 2018-11-30 15:08:11 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

keyboard kowboy (72)

tg300 wrote:

High School championship games at the rock today and tomorrow.  3 today.  3 tomorrow.

Video feed not working.

Looks amateurish.

Glad we are able to put our best foot forward and put on a show for these HS kids and their parents.

Southern Miss has zero to do with the video BROADCAST. 100 PERCENT THE CHAOS WHICH IS OUR MHSAA .

#53 2018-11-30 17:17:03 - Jamie Arrington TTT Talk Discussing Jon Gilbert on ECU Sports Radio

tg300 (439)

keyboard kowboy wrote:
tg300 wrote:

Video feed not working.

Looks amateurish.

Southern Miss has zero to do with the video BROADCAST. 100 PERCENT THE CHAOS WHICH IS OUR MHSAA .

Good.  They said a 'company' was responsible for the broadcast but didn't specify if the problem was with their equipment or our infrastructure.

Board footer