CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-20 13:32:12 - The Wall

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

The Wall

Trump drummed up enough votes to get elected based on the idea of building a wall between the US and Mexico. Now we are facing a Government shutdown because money for the wall isn't in the latest spending bill and Trump isn't going to sign it.

Do I think a 2,000 mile wall between us and Mexico is realistic? Hell no.
Do I believe we need to do something to prevent illegals coming in? Yes.
Do I have any idea what we can do to prevent illegals from entering the US? Hell no.

What I can appreciate is the American spirit in a former US vet who lost 3 limbs in Iraq back in 2004. This guy started a GoFundMe campaign to build the wall by the people for the people. Within three days, he was up to $2.6 million in donations as of this morning. By early this afternoon it jumped another $3 million and is just shy of $6 million as I type this.....I imagine with enough media interviews this guy will be north of $10 million by the end of the day. Still a long way away from the $5 billion needed but it will be an interesting watch over the next few weeks to see how this progresses. I mean if Blousey Ford can get north of $1 million for lying before Congress in donations one would hope we could reach $50 million before the beginning of 2019.....

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#2 2018-12-20 14:17:06 - The Wall

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Re: The Wall

1. Shut it the F down!

2. Pitch in a few buck, it's the principal of the thing.

3. It'd take a million just to wash that skank.

Contractor on one end, military on the other building towards each other. When they meet drive the golden slat.

Last edited by Mao Tse-gore (2018-12-20 14:30:54)

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Liked by:

#3 2018-12-20 18:10:31 - The Wall

tg300 (439)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Trump drummed up enough votes to get elected based on the idea of building a wall between the US and Mexico. Now we are facing a Government shutdown because money for the wall isn't in the latest spending bill and Trump isn't going to sign it.

Do I think a 2,000 mile wall between us and Mexico is realistic? Hell no.
Do I believe we need to do something to prevent illegals coming in? Yes.
Do I have any idea what we can do to prevent illegals from entering the US? Hell no.

What I can appreciate is the American spirit in a former US vet who lost 3 limbs in Iraq back in 2004. This guy started a GoFundMe campaign to build the wall by the people for the people. Within three days, he was up to $2.6 million in donations as of this morning. By early this afternoon it jumped another $3 million and is just shy of $6 million as I type this.....I imagine with enough media interviews this guy will be north of $10 million by the end of the day. Still a long way away from the $5 billion needed but it will be an interesting watch over the next few weeks to see how this progresses. I mean if Blousey Ford can get north of $1 million for lying before Congress in donations one would hope we could reach $50 million before the beginning of 2019.....

Good for him.  He is doing what he was elected to do.

Both sides of the DC swamp fucking hate him.  Good.

Bring it to a screeching halt until they get their heads out of their asses.

Also,  I wish he would not sign any more omnibus funding bills.

Go department by department.

No pork allowed.

If they add it, send it back.

Make them do their fucking job correctly.

#4 2018-12-20 19:24:14 - The Wall

It’s up to 9 million today......should be over 10 before the day is done.

On a side note another GoFundMe was created to build a giant escalator over the wall. It should reach $1,000 by next week.....

33E76ED2-E54B-400F-990A-AA33FD687890.jpeg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2018-12-21 11:00:14 - The Wall

Wall donations just hit $12 million. House passed the bill late yesterday that included $5.7 Billion for the wall. Nancy Pelosi told Trump on TV last week that he didn't have the votes in the House after he said he did......so she said put it to vote and you will see you don't...........Wish someone would interview her today and ask her how that turned out.

Now it goes to Senate where it will die......unless they use the nuclear option.......should be interesting to see how this plays out today.....

"President Donald Trump has repeatedly called for the Senate to drop a third nuclear bomb on the chamber’s procedure — completely eliminating the filibuster and allowing all legislation to pass with just a simple majority. Senate leaders have already gotten rid of the filibuster on executive and Supreme Court nominees"

Board footer