CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 11:06:08 - NCAA FCS Championship

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

NCAA FCS Championship

Bison going for their 7th title in 8 years today. Absolutely perfect weather here for the game. Should be a good one to watch right now. Bison coach takes over Kansas St after the game.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-01-05 12:09:24 - NCAA FCS Championship

Lloydlake (139)

Re: NCAA FCS Championship

Curious as to how they would stack up against the top half of CUSA.
Think I already know the answer,

#3 2019-01-05 12:25:09 - NCAA FCS Championship

AndreWhere (1252)

Lloydlake wrote:

Curious as to how they would stack up against the top half of CUSA.
Think I already know the answer,

Sagarin would have SDSU as a 12 point favorite vs USM on a neutral field.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2019-01-05 13:46:55 - NCAA FCS Championship

AndreWhere (1252)

And maybe I'm reading Sagarin wrong, but it looks like NDSU would spot USM another 10 points on top of that. 22-23 point favorite on a neutral field. Crazy.

#5 2019-01-05 14:23:21 - NCAA FCS Championship

NDSU beats EWU and goes 15-0 on the season. They would beat us but in all fairness they would beat a lot of teams in FBS. I remember them beating #13 Iowa two years ago as well as Iowa State and Kansas St in recent memory. I would never schedule them as a FCS tune up game.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#6 2019-01-05 22:03:59 - NCAA FCS Championship

Lloydlake (139)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

NDSU beats EWU and goes 15-0 on the season. They would beat us but in all fairness they would beat a lot of teams in FBS. I remember them beating #13 Iowa two years ago as well as Iowa State and Kansas St in recent memory. I would never schedule them as a FCS tune up game.

Okay. Just for shits & giggles,......... We have a choice:
A) Be a NDSU type program.  Compete for and win national titles in a lower tier league, or
B) Be where we are. Play at the highest level (FBS). Mostly winning seasons. Lower tier bowl games. Occasionally win title in a lower tier conference.

Not sure Mississippi would support USM if we moved down a level, but not a whole hell of a lot of support as it is.

#7 2019-01-05 22:29:30 - NCAA FCS Championship

AndreWhere (1252)

Lloydlake wrote:

A) Be a NDSU type program.  Compete for and win national titles in a lower tier league, or
B) Be where we are. Play at the highest level (FBS). Mostly winning seasons. Lower tier bowl games. Occasionally win title in a lower tier conference.

Not sure Mississippi would support USM if we moved down a level, but not a whole hell of a lot of support as it is.

You're asking the right questions. Here's my answer.

C) Be what we were. Play at SEC and ACC teams with a chip on our shoulder. Start with the occasional win and grow it. Cash the checks and invest them. Put the young men who the SEC would have put on the scout team or the chain gang on the field instead. I can't speak for Mississippi as a whole, but I'll show up and scream my lungs out for that. Always have, always will.

#8 2019-01-05 23:58:08 - NCAA FCS Championship

Lloydlake wrote:

A is the correct answer because FBS won’t matter in 10 years

#9 2019-01-06 08:58:52 - NCAA FCS Championship

AndreWhere (1252)

Lloydlake wrote:

A is the correct answer because FBS won’t matter in 10 years

Predicting the end of FBS football as we know it is kind of like predicting the end of masturbation.

P5 = sex
G5 = masturbation
FCS = that third way of getting off (that there's nothing wrong with...)

Board footer