CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-18 17:16:12 - On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

AndreWhere (1252)

On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

UGA freshman QB Justin Fields will likely transfer because he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm - period.

There's no shame in that; Fromm is perceived as a once-in-a-lifetime player by UGA, and he had a year head start on Fields.

Apparently, though, ESPN thinks he should throw down the race card and throw UGA under the bus in order to avoid sitting out a year:

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 … a-bulldogs

I think this is absolutely disgusting. Really, I think most of those waivers are dead wrong and bad for the game.

That said, I must stress that this is coming from SI, *not* Fields, and I don't expect Fields to actually do this. Unlike some armchair quarterback Yankee asshole, Fields might just have a moral compass. Also, his brother enrolled at UGA after the incident in question anyway.

It's still pretty disgusting just to read, though. The sports media are really trapped in the gutter.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2018-12-18 22:56:48 - On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

“A young black man such as Fields said his safety and well-being might be affected by continuing to stay at a school where a white fellow athlete would refer to a black athlete by that word—even if it was lobbed from the stands while the player was on the field”

First, the guy that wrote this article should be fired. Second, the thought of using that incident in order to save a year of eligibility insults every African American that actually fought racism in their lifetime.

This is the new media. How can we create controversy and make the writer the story instead of just reporting the facts.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2019-01-10 08:24:45 - On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

admin (289)
Administrator

Looks like Fields is pursuing this as a part of his transfer to Ohio State. He's hired a language-butcher at law who pulled off two of these stunts last year

#4 2019-01-10 17:57:00 - On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

tg300 (439)

I hope they call BS on this.

They won't though.  No one has a sack anymore.

#5 2019-01-10 19:24:55 - On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

AndreWhere (1252)

tg300 wrote:

I hope they call BS on this.

They won't though.  No one has a sack anymore.

My thoughts exactly. The funny thing is, he has siblings at UGA and at least one of them started there after the incident that's the likely basis of Fields' complaint.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#6 2019-01-11 15:05:38 - On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

"Your College Transfer Portal name is the model of your first car and the closest river to your house."

"Cavalier Trinity" for me.......

Dwp27gNUwAAQULF.jpg:large

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#7 2019-01-11 15:22:01 - On Justin Fields: Some stupidity from SI this time

Just added him.

"Your" Welcome.......

NCAA-Portal.jpeg

Board footer