CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2019-02-04 18:14:46 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

If this move was happening right now at another CUSA school like UNT or UAB we would all be condemning it publicly but jealous of it privately......

It's cheap, meaningless outrage. Nobody who's a fan of some other team wants to see USM win. So yeah, sure, USM should do this and not do that and the absolute nerve of that school! Some dude on another board looked up USM's "rivals" on Wikipedia and decided he's a Louisiana Tech fan now. Mmmmkay... have fun with that.

At the end of the day, he hasn't committed any crime or NCAA violation that I'm aware of. He did his job, which was to win games. There's no reason he shouldn't be an assistant coach at USM. In fact, I think USM has been singing a little much Kumbayah for a little too long, with all the aw shucks, C-USA shuffleboard runner up trophy-polishing. There is a sore need for a few well-placed assholes in Hattiesburg right now.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#22 2019-02-04 18:45:51 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:

If this move was happening right now at another CUSA school like UNT or UAB we would all be condemning it publicly but jealous of it privately......

It's cheap, meaningless outrage. Nobody who's a fan of some other team wants to see USM win. So yeah, sure, USM should do this and not do that and the absolute nerve of that school! Some dude on another board looked up USM's "rivals" on Wikipedia and decided he's a Louisiana Tech fan now. Mmmmkay... have fun with that.

At the end of the day, he hasn't committed any crime or NCAA violation that I'm aware of. He did his job, which was to win games. There's no reason he shouldn't be an assistant coach at USM. In fact, I think USM has been singing a little much Kumbayah for a little too long, with all the aw shucks, C-USA shuffleboard runner up trophy-polishing. There is a sore need for a few well-placed assholes in Hattiesburg right now.

I wouldn't know anything about that....

hire the motherfucker with a hammer 1 ft. away from his knuckles when he signs the 'reminder clause'....

at this point, we have nothing more to lose with this hire....

what I find amusing, it's an 'issue' at the OC position....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#23 2019-02-04 19:04:07 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

AndreWhere (1252)

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg … an-program

Thought it would be an interesting read, but there's nothing there. "Ho hum, Art Briles bad." Somehow they managed to write the whole thing with zero consideration given to what challenges and opportunities USM football faces right now, and what tradeoffs might be faced in hiring Briles.

Unlike the Cow Town Reader up there, I have thought about these things. USM has two good options in my opinion: either start playing real football, with real bullets in the gun, or drop scholarship football.

I am OK with difficult, polarizing choices if the end result is beating real football teams.

I am OK with USM dropping football and being a basketball and baseball school.

I am OK with USM playing Millsaps, Rhodes, Birmingham Southern, etc. as a Division III school.

What I am not OK with is the diluted product we're getting now, whether it goes by the name "C-USA," "FCS," or something else. If we're going to have a USM scholarship football program, I want to see real football, and I don't care what the damned Utne Reader thinks.

Liked by:

#24 2019-02-04 19:12:45 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Talk about trending in Dallas, TX.....

A6CCEF72-4AB7-4A05-990A-C8358F3B4879.jpeg

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#25 2019-02-04 20:36:10 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Listening to the Paul Finebaum interview with Paddy it’s crystal clear USM used him today to simply float the story that Briles was on campus. He knows absolutely nothing more than that. He doesn’t have any substance and his interview was the most generic clueless gibberish one would expect. He should be embarrassed. He had 6 hours to prepare something......anything. Interview someone.....a student.....a parent of a player......go to the friggin leasing office at his apartment complex and ask Floyd the maintenance man his thoughts......but no. What a lazy ass representative of his employer and his lineage......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#26 2019-02-04 20:40:05 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

B&GBU (259)

Possibility lies in the presumption that the interview was held with the pre-contemplation and blessing of Pope Bennett. But, can the pontiff handle such controversy? And can having an OC with thrice the credentials of the HC be suffered for a year or so in order to revive us? I hope yes, yes, but odds are strong that we TTT it.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#27 2019-02-04 20:44:01 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

AndreWhere (1252)

Listening to the Paul Finebaum interview with Paddy it’s crystal clear USM used him today to simply float the story that Briles was on campus. He knows absolutely nothing more than that. He doesn’t have any substance and his interview was the most generic clueless gibberish one would expect. He should be embarrassed. He had 6 hours to prepare something......anything. Interview someone.....a student.....a parent of a player......go to the friggin leasing office at his apartment complex and ask Floyd the maintenance man his thoughts......but no. What a lazy ass representative of his employer and his lineage......

Did he really get on with Finebaum and phone it in? What a putz. How depressing.

#28 2019-02-04 20:50:27 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

B&GBU (259)

AndreWhere wrote:

Did he really get on with Finebaum and phone it in? What a putz. How depressing.

And didn't Magee recently preach against young reporters blurting out stuff with no story?

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#29 2019-02-04 20:50:28 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Black Diamond Reb (418)

art-briles.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=19134500_2_.jpeg?width=300

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Liked by:

#30 2019-02-04 21:01:00 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Trump fan (14)

FUCK WIMMENZ AND PC CULTURE

Hire Brilez. Rape not too bad

#31 2019-02-04 21:16:59 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

AndreWhere (1252)

If the two big sins highlighted here are winning football games and suing Jeff Hammond, well... just call me Sonya Briles.

#32 2019-02-05 09:49:11 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Guessing his employer told him to actually do some work vs throwing out what he read on Facebook. Only about 24 hours late but if your boss is making you do it I guess you should do it......

B4AB4BB5-A2F1-4BDA-8F37-61C7EA16E468.jpeg

#33 2019-02-05 10:34:43 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Hire him. Oui can use the press and get an offense again. He will hang one or two years and if he does well he will be gone. Oui would need the Presidents blessings and I am sure he is hearing disapproval already. Bower tried to hire Bill Clay when he was first hired and Dr Lucas said no. What I heard years ago.

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2019-02-05 10:36:20)

Liked by:

#34 2019-02-05 10:37:38 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Ace Barker (260)
Website

AndreWhere wrote:

If the two big sins highlighted here are winning football games and suing Jeff Hammond, well... just call me Sonya Briles.

What happened with the lawsuit?  Both are still employed at USM.

Ace...

#35 2019-02-05 11:10:41 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Now I know how Fred felt when Aunt Esther walked in.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#36 2019-02-05 13:47:24 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

tg300 (439)

Guessing his employer told him to actually do some work vs throwing out what he read on Facebook. Only about 24 hours late but if your boss is making you do it I guess you should do it......

B4AB4BB5-A2F1-4BDA-8F37-61C7EA16E468.jpeg

His 'well put together' piece is some mild speculation, a bit of history, and some copy and paste from Fb and Twitter.

#37 2019-02-05 13:49:09 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

stinkfist (764)

here's the paddy melt bs....

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/colleg … 47935.html

sift through it as the ewes will.....

In August, Briles issued a lengthy list of denials in response to a Title IX lawsuit brought by former Baylor student Delores Lazano, who claims the university failed to take proper Title IX action when she reported a member of the football team allegedly assaulted her in 2014.

Baylor took the step of countering Briles in a statement: “Just as when he was coach, he again attempts to skirt responsibility for actions of the football program that he led, the players he recruited and coached, the coaches he managed the loose discipline he championed.”

When Briles was trying to land a job with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League in 2017, he helped his case by providing a letter from Baylor that seemed to all but clear him of wrongdoing, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The letter ended with, “We wish you the very best in your future endeavours.”

Briles was hired as an offensive assistant by the CFL squad, but dismissed soon after following a stream of criticism for the move.

fuck the canucks, #metoo, and the misspellings by a supposed journo....

what a lazy fuck he is....

Last edited by stinkfist (2019-02-05 13:49:57)

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#38 2019-02-05 14:18:56 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Depending on which millennial twit you believe or trust it appears either officially or unofficially Art has been introduced to the team.

I am going to take all of this conflicting bs that is flying all over the place as confirmation that Art Briles is the new OC of your Southern Miss Golden Eagles.....

#39 2019-02-05 14:21:58 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

EagleFWB (176)

Saw on Twitter where he was apparently at the dugout club banquet last night... Any of you guys confirm that?

#40 2019-02-05 14:30:35 - Art Briles set to become our new offensive coordinator

Fighting eagle (114)

It is done. Announcement coming soon.

Board footer