CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2019-02-11 14:53:50 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Fighting eagle (114)

Re: Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Your message board would have done better if you had taken the path of other message board owners. They rarely post and let the board come into its own. You constantly post innuendo and hyperbole. Mostly negative toward uUsm. Sensationalized lies at times. This is a real reason this board has very few posters and the other boards are gaining new members daily. I rarely post here because of the reasons I stated. You stated you live in Atlanta so you are out of touch and I doubt you evenpersonally know any of the administration or have any contacts. I won't be posting here again.

Liked by:

#22 2019-02-11 15:05:31 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Fighting eagle wrote:

Your message board would have done better if you had taken the path of other message board owners. They rarely post and let the board come into its own. You constantly post innuendo and hyperbole. Mostly negative toward uUsm. Sensationalized lies at times. This is a real reason this board has very few posters and the other boards are gaining new members daily. I rarely post here because of the reasons I stated. You stated you live in Atlanta so you are out of touch and I doubt you evenpersonally know any of the administration or have any contacts. I won't be posting here again.

I live outside of Atlanta. I rather enjoyed reading your posts. 

Ace...

#23 2019-02-11 15:55:51 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Fighting eagle wrote:

I won't be posting here again.

giphy.gif

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#24 2019-02-11 16:03:03 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Fighting eagle wrote:

if you had taken the path of other message board owners.

F733ySa.gif?noredirect

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#25 2019-02-11 16:13:54 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

stinkfist (764)

Ace Barker wrote:
Fighting eagle wrote:

I live outside of Atlanta. I rather enjoyed reading your posts. 

Ace...

I don't understand the 'tif' he's feeling....

regardless, he chooses that position....

at least it's his volition...

even if it is mostly admin/AW/NG, it doesn't sniff how ep was a shithole, or the other board was too heavily moderated....

#balancingyinandyang isn't sooooo easy....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#26 2019-02-11 17:59:01 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

AndreWhere (1252)

stinkfist wrote:

I'm confused about it myself. I went back and looked at my posts since the Briles story broke. I only mentioned that SB Nation thing twice, and both times there was a big fat "IF" in front of it.

We've had a guy rage-quit because I wouldn't help him steal cable. We've had another rage-quit because people here are too right wing for him. What can I do about these things?

What's really depressing is that this weekend, I actually threw an assist to someone who, so far as I can tell, is Fighting Eagle's associate somehow. I didn't do that because I agree with everything he puts online, or even most of it. The mere fact that he's talking about USM was enough for me.

As for this notion that I'm "negative" about USM, I'm not. I feel that one part of USM (sports) has been wrong-footed a lot lately. I am one of the most optimistic people here about USM as an institution.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#27 2019-02-11 18:01:20 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Ace Barker (260)
Website

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

I'm confused about it myself. I went back and looked at my posts since the Briles story broke. I only mentioned that SB Nation thing twice, and both times there was a big fat "IF" in front of it.

We've had a guy rage-quit because I wouldn't help him steal cable. We've had another rage-quit because people here are too right wing for him. What can I do about these things?

What's really depressing is that this weekend, I actually threw an assist to someone who, so far as I can tell, is Fighting Eagle's associate somehow. I didn't do that because I agree with everything he puts online, or even most of it. The mere fact that he's talking about USM was enough for me.

As for this notion that I'm "negative" about USM, I'm not. I feel that one part of USM (sports) has been wrong-footed a lot lately. I am one of the most optimistic people here about USM as an institution.

It is odd but ... ok.

Ace...

#28 2019-02-11 18:27:17 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

Probably start by giving up your cable account credentials and make sure you have Bravo network and CNN with your channel package,,,,,,

#29 2019-02-11 18:32:45 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

stinkfist (764)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

Probably start by giving up your cable account credentials and make sure you have Bravo network and CNN with your channel package,,,,,,

and to think I once thought you were nugget's ghost....

I deservedly and continually eat crow on that one......

'course I once thought steve was chris.....where's my 99, eh?

I'm get easily confused at times....

#levity

wink

#30 2019-02-11 19:01:32 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

AndreWhere (1252)

"Moron" was not called for and I apologize to Fighting Eagle.

Liked by:

#31 2019-02-11 19:10:42 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

stinkfist wrote:

#levity

wink

Each of us on this board has a story. Dunwoody is just trying to provide us the space to share them. I like Paul and his take on where we are and believe his humor is lost on so many looking for someone to blame. He just needs to stick to one handle going forward.

There’s a lot at stake nowadays USM.
We have shackled our past success by poor leadership decisions guided by fear and absent of drive. We are now pushing back that darkness we enabled with half of the supporters we once had.

Last week was a mistake by our administration but it also put a spotlight on Hopson and what he is willing to do to get us where we belong. His coaches love him. His players love him. All we can do is cancel out the noise that is the media trying to break USM down and give Hop what he needs going forward this year. We all share that in common even if we don’t share our cable credentials.

#32 2019-02-11 19:19:33 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

AndreWhere (1252)

I like Paul and his take on where we are and believe his humor is lost on so many looking for someone to blame. He just needs to stick to one handle going forward.

He never had more than one handle here... I can't speak for EP or SandyLand.  Like stinkfist said, people suspected otherwise, but people (me included) were wrong.

I think he quit because we weren't fun to play with anymore. He likes to be the smartest guy in the room, and the real slackjawed yokels just never found their way here.

If there's an exception to that, it's me. I'm sorry if I ever implied otherwise. I don't know anyone in the Athletic Department personally. I never played football beyond being a JV sub and a varsity tackling dummy.

I will try to better match my posts with my shitty resume going forward.

#33 2019-02-11 19:42:06 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

stinkfist (764)

stinkfist wrote:

#levity

wink

Each of us on this board has a story. Dunwoody is just trying to provide us the space to share them. I like Paul and his take on where we are and believe his humor is lost on so many looking for someone to blame. He just needs to stick to one handle going forward.

how can I not love pg-13...it's just a bbs....he, I, and OUI??? 

all TTT want the same result....

hell, he's my former roomie for cryin' out loud...

I'd rather to leave it at that...it's simply not worth another pissing match....

#34 2019-02-11 22:14:58 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Ace Barker (260)
Website

stinkfist wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

#levity

wink

how can I not love pg-13...it's just a bbs....he, I, and OUI??? 

all TTT want the same result....

hell, he's my former roomie for cryin' out loud...

I'd rather to leave it at that...it's simply not worth another pissing match....

“The royal oui ... man!”

Ace...

Liked by:

#35 2019-02-12 07:19:24 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Mao Tse-gore (412)

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F564x%2F0c%2F30%2F5b%2F0c305b17d11ddf73db1e20187cce098d.jpg&f=1

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#36 2019-02-12 11:20:42 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Who on this Nut Line lives in the Atlanta area? I can't keep up. Admin/Andre?

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2019-02-12 11:21:01)

#37 2019-02-13 08:11:46 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Ace Barker (260)
Website

stinkfist wrote:

#levity

wink

There’s a lot at stake nowadays USM.
We have shackled our past success by poor leadership decisions guided by fear and absent of drive. We are now pushing back that darkness we enabled with half of the supporters we once had.

Last week was a mistake by our administration but it also put a spotlight on Hopson and what he is willing to do to get us where we belong. His coaches love him. His players love him. All we can do is cancel out the noise that is the media trying to break USM down and give Hop what he needs going forward this year. We all share that in common even if we don’t share our cable credentials.

Paul said he looks at this site but does not post. I am not sure what handle he registered under.

Ace...

#38 2019-02-13 08:52:13 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Tanya (155)

Ace Barker wrote:

Who on this Nut Line lives in the Atlanta area? I can't keep up. Admin/Andre?

Ace...

I do not live in Atlanta. Lots of people do.

#39 2019-02-13 09:11:18 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

Welcome back, Fighting Eagle!

#40 2019-02-13 09:16:35 - Now Watch the "Journalists" Hide....

skyvoyager (177)

First, Paddy McGeek needs to apologize. He won't and will hide behind other reporters work and just claim that he was, "reporting" what others were saying. He didn't seek facts before either sharing anothers story or confirm any answers before publishing what was clearly a lie. He is the Southern Miss beat reporter and should have used better judgement instead of caving to outside competition.

Nicole Auerbach- The Athletic. She led the witch hunt with her published article of facts that Hop was unilaterally bringing in Briles and athletes with rape accusations. Her boss/colleague, Stewart Mandel, and other writers for The Athletic, supported her lies and trashed a good mans name. Will she retract her statements? Probably not, because they can continue to hide behind unnamed sources.....

Steve Godrey and Richard Johnson- SB Nation - Published the story about Hop not seeking approval from the administration which further fueled other journalists to trash USM and Jay Hopson. Lets see if they change their tune or hide behind unnamed sources.

Lets watch now that Bennett has finally issued a statement that contradicts all of these clowns and see how they scramble to save face.

I am curious what monty.graham@usm.edu thinks after his drive-by-hatchet-job letter to the editor supporting bennett and trashing hopson

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Board footer