CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-25 17:19:36 - PAC-12 looking for big media payday

AndreWhere (1252)

PAC-12 looking for big media payday

https://awfulannouncing.com/local-netwo … nsion.html

"On the surface, this offer from ESPN looked like a great lifeline to bail out the Pac-12 and their struggling networks, but the Pac-12 is (again) betting on itself when the next round of rights negotiations comes up. With their current TV rights deal with Fox and ESPN ending in 2024, the Pac-12 is hopeful that within the next five years, digital outlets will join traditional TV networks and create a bidding war for their next rights deal. The Pac-12 is getting $3 billion over 12 years from ESPN and Fox, so this rights deal is one of their biggest revenue generators. Extending with ESPN now would remove much of the uncertainty around the Pac-12 Networks and their distribution, but would also deprive the conference of a potentially larger payday in the future."

I don't know what exactly those "digital outlets" are, but if I were a PAC-12 alum and I suddenly had to wrestle with a Roku to watch my school, all manner of bitching would result.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#2 2019-03-25 17:35:34 - PAC-12 looking for big media payday

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: PAC-12 looking for big media payday

So as long as the big 12 is unstable and struggling with Texas and ESPN holding the rest of the conference hostage the PAC 12 is either going to add 4 more major teams or lose a few in the very near future. AZ and AZ St were about to jump ship and if that happens say goodbye to Colorado.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2019-03-25 20:12:57 - PAC-12 looking for big media payday

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

say goodbye to Colorado.

Where would they go? Back to the Big XII?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2019-03-25 20:43:24 - PAC-12 looking for big media payday

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Wherever Ok, Ok St and Texas eventually land

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer