CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2019-04-28 19:13:23 - Reality of New Stadiums and Arenas in small towns......

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Re: Reality of New Stadiums and Arenas in small towns......

I don’t think they have enough money for the Bower Center. The previous AD was more interested in leadership camping trips and writing mission statements to even try to gather funding for that project much less anything else. As stated he did get a good deal on some used pressure washers. His major contribution to the university. What a joke. It must be that time of year.

Ace...

#22 2019-04-28 19:53:30 - Reality of New Stadiums and Arenas in small towns......

stinkfist (764)

AndreWhere wrote:
Mao Tse-gore wrote:

“These are the seasons of emotion and like the wind they rise and fall
This is the wonder of devotion - I see the torch we all must hold.
This is the mystery of the quotient, quotient - Upon us all, upon us all a little rain must fall.
It's just a little rain oh yeah”

Like Penny Lane, USM is not invited to the party at the end of the movie.

the irony of |gold|ie's daughter's pseudonym...

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Liked by:

#23 2019-04-29 08:54:18 - Reality of New Stadiums and Arenas in small towns......

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Ace Barker wrote:

I don’t think they have enough money for the Bower Center. The previous AD was more interested in leadership camping trips and writing mission statements to even try to gather funding for that project much less anything else. As stated he did get a good deal on some used pressure washers. His major contribution to the university. What a joke. It must be that time of year.

Ace...

Gilbert wanted/needed a new job and accepted USM because we said yes and paid well for the AD position. He spent his first year observing and then decided his skill set would never be successful at a place like USM so he immediately stepped back and starting thinking of his next move. He used the student athletes as his cover while planning his exit.

Moving on from the past is what we all need to do. What is the biggest priority for USM outside of winning games. Is it the Bower Center or is it PTP field and RGC upgrades? Biggest task for Jeremy IMO is doing something soon to rally the troops. His immediate focus should be on baseball today since we are a fringe tourney squad. He needs to have a cup of coffee with whoever he needs to and make sure we get in as an at large in the event we don't win regular or post season crowns. Promote the hell out of our history and recent resume so that we get in as a 3 somewhere we can travel to and sell tickets.

Second, he needs to focus on football scheduling and get two or three teams on the schedule that he can announce before fall ball so the base is excited again. He needs to rebrand our identity to USM alumni and supporters. He needs to state the goal that CUSA as it stands today is not our vision and that either they or us will make a change to improve our status within the next four years. If I were him, I would schedule a meeting with Craig Thompson and Michael Aresco just to create a perception change even if the meeting is nothing more than a introduction. Leak it to a real journalist and have Paddy copy the story as his own and publish it.

Third, fire Joye within the next 30 days. Thank her and wish her well but send the message that below average isnt going to work here.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#24 2019-04-29 10:40:26 - Reality of New Stadiums and Arenas in small towns......

B&GBU (259)

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#25 2019-04-29 16:37:28 - Reality of New Stadiums and Arenas in small towns......

AndreWhere (1252)

Gilbert's accomplishments always seemed more like Assistant AD territory to me than AD territory. You got something painted, you sprayed off some mildew, you put together a camping trip, etc.- whoop-dee-do.

The AD should let his staff do that kind of thing so he can do something more strategic. And if it really took the arrival of John Gilbert to get the mildew sprayed off, then USM has a problem at the Assistant AD level, too.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#26 2019-04-30 07:27:08 - Reality of New Stadiums and Arenas in small towns......

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Jeremy should schedule a meeting with Craig Thompson and Michael Arescoe.

"This is little Jeremey McClain at Southern Miss."

"Who?"

"I played semi-pro baseball."

"What?"

"Well they liked it at my press conference."

*click*

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

Board footer